Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2024, 08:16 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default What do you struggle with as far as scrapping?

This year I changed up the way I did my December scrapping and it really helped, I feel like after all these years of scrapping the one thing I struggle with is

TITLES! I have such a hard time coming up with new/unique titles, especially those events we tend to scrap year after year. Naming each layout by the day, man, what a difference that made.

I also am bad to find my mojo, scrap way too much and then it takes me months before I jump in again because I have no ideas.

But I love how I feel once something is done, Just ordered my last book for 2022. I love that after nearly 18 years in this hobby, I still love and look foward to documenting our memories.
Old 01-01-2024, 10:16 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Using alphas. I am so lazy at using alphas, because it takes so long... writing a title using the text tool is so much faster :P
Old 01-01-2024, 10:57 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietis View Post
Using alphas. I am so lazy at using alphas, because it takes so long... writing a title using the text tool is so much faster :P
Absolutely. I love when they are separated, I tend to use those more as a time saver.
Old 01-01-2024, 11:52 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Journaling... I leave it until the very end, and sometimes skip it altogether. I've started including titles for all my kits because I find myself reaching for premade titles when I scrap. Titles are hard!

Old 01-02-2024, 12:34 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm with you, Vanessa. Finding my mojo is tricky, and once I have it, it runs out pretty quickly. But I LOVE a finished project so much. And I quit doing titles for the most part and just use a journaling card for my title.

I mostly struggle to have the energy to make all the necessary decisions to create a page, so I've been scrapping over the break, knowing that I will get less done once I'm back in the classroom next week.

Last edited by joelsgirl; 01-02-2024 at 12:39 AM.
Old 01-02-2024, 08:24 AM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

Oh my yes! Titles and journaling are definitely challenging to me.
Old 01-02-2024, 10:44 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceLee View Post
Journaling... I leave it until the very end, and sometimes skip it altogether. I've started including titles for all my kits because I find myself reaching for premade titles when I scrap. Titles are hard!
I?m at journaling, especially everyday events.

Awesome! I love premade or layered titles. So helpful.
Old 01-02-2024, 10:45 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
I'm with you, Vanessa. Finding my mojo is tricky, and once I have it, it runs out pretty quickly. But I LOVE a finished project so much. And I quit doing titles for the most part and just use a journaling card for my title.

I mostly struggle to have the energy to make all the necessary decisions to create a page, so I've been scrapping over the break, knowing that I will get less done once I'm back in the classroom next week.
I will use cards too for titles if I can find one that works.
Old 01-02-2024, 08:26 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Decision-making. I take waaaay too much time choosing kit, embellishment, etc. Distractions also slow me down-- going down a rabbit trail when I stop to look up something for my journaling, or realizing I haven't downloaded the kit or pictures I'm wanting to use and then embarking on an organization project in the middle of my page.
Old 01-02-2024, 09:58 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

What did you do differently in December that helped?

I struggle with titles too, and scrapping without a template. I mean, I can, but I don't like to lol

Old 01-02-2024, 10:50 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjscraps View Post
What did you do differently in December that helped?

I struggle with titles too, and scrapping without a template. I mean, I can, but I don't like to lol
I went with more of a pocket style page, the title was just the date, so that helped. I guess it?s actually more a like a traditional December Daily page, but I had been doing a page a day based on the activity we did as a family and then a two page weekly rap up spread for all the other random December photos. Now I just included everything from that day.

I also add my December daily pages to our regular books, it?s not a separate album for me.
Old 01-03-2024, 12:07 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Organization! I wish I had developed a better system early on to organize my supplies and photos. Now I just have so much stuff, it seems too overwhelming. Also, journaling. I really stink at journaling and usually do the bare minimum or not at all.

I love to make titles and I am one of those people that feels like every page needs some sort of title. Sometimes they're simple and sometimes elaborate depending on the design of the page.
Old 01-03-2024, 05:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I think choosing photos and templates is the hardest part and most time consuming for me. I hate narrowing down the photos I want to use and sometimes finding a template that will work for the pictures is difficult even though I have a billion different templates.

Old 01-06-2024, 06:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My biggest struggle is unorganization. My kits are mostly organized but my photos have been a hot mess since I went from using my DSLR 100% of the time to using mostly digital devices. I used to have my photos organized so well. Now they are just a jumbled mess. Along with those photos I've taken are screenshots, junk pictures taken just to quickly show something with no need to keep them (yet they are kept) or pictures that others have taken and sent me. Ugh. I have to spend an hour just finding the right photo. It makes scrapping tough.
Old 01-06-2024, 11:13 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Organization can be hard. I feel like I do well here, but I've been using ACDsee almost as long as I've been digi scrapping. I don't think I'd survive without it.
Old 01-06-2024, 11:24 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Using circles. Dont ask me why but I have ago and usually delete the page especially if there are circles everywhere
Old 01-07-2024, 01:43 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tam65 View Post
Using circles. Dont ask me why but I have ago and usually delete the page especially if there are circles everywhere
Have you seen Wendy's Orange Dream series? I love circles too, but find them tricky without a template. Wendy's templates make it sooo easy and beautiful too:

I used Orange Dream Set 3 for this page:

And Orange Dream Set 1 for these pages:

Cindy has great templates too:

Old 01-07-2024, 03:34 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by knittingbec View Post
Decision-making. I take waaaay too much time choosing kit, embellishment, etc. Distractions also slow me down-- going down a rabbit trail when I stop to look up something for my journaling, or realizing I haven't downloaded the kit or pictures I'm wanting to use and then embarking on an organization project in the middle of my page.
All of this!
Old 01-07-2024, 07:33 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txcorey View Post
I think choosing photos and templates is the hardest part and most time consuming for me. I hate narrowing down the photos I want to use and sometimes finding a template that will work for the pictures is difficult even though I have a billion different templates.
One of the Babes (Reba I think?) posted recently that she has pages ready to go with photos in the template, just waits for a kit to match it. I'm trying to do this as I go forward, I love the idea, not sure how it'll play out for me!

Old 01-08-2024, 04:18 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Leaves, Foliage!! And I can only seem to scrap with certain flower styles-I will LOVE a kit and then I can't get anything to work right because I don't have the "special" flowers
Old 01-08-2024, 10:26 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyMilfd View Post
Leaves, Foliage!! And I can only seem to scrap with certain flower styles-I will LOVE a kit and then I can't get anything to work right because I don't have the "special" flowers
There are certain flowers that I avoid, I don't ever seem to do a good job shadowing them or layering them.
Old 01-08-2024, 12:53 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjscraps View Post
One of the Babes (Reba I think?) posted recently that she has pages ready to go with photos in the template, just waits for a kit to match it. I'm trying to do this as I go forward, I love the idea, not sure how it'll play out for me!
This is such a brilliant idea! How did I miss this one? It would solve so many of my slow-downs.
Old 01-09-2024, 02:42 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Journalling is by far my least favorite part... I need to be in the right frame of mind. If I go ahead and pull all the photos and journaling into a template at first... then I can go back and make it pretty - that seems to be helping me scrapbook faster.
Old 01-09-2024, 03:27 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
Journalling is by far my least favorite part... I need to be in the right frame of mind. If I go ahead and pull all the photos and journaling into a template at first... then I can go back and make it pretty - that seems to be helping me scrapbook faster.
I do this too. I have all my pages laid out and in templates for 2023, I didn't include the journaling, because I hate it. LOL! But the photos are there, just to find time to scrap them all.
Old 01-09-2024, 07:47 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post
There are certain flowers that I avoid, I don't ever seem to do a good job shadowing them or layering them.
YES!! I feel better that I'm not alone. Haha