Sweet Shoppe Designs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-10-2019, 11:21 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default I'm Back (Kind Of)

I'm back!!!

Well, kind of.....

We've run in to a lot of struggles and challenges with our move. Of all of our moves, this one is probably up there on the list as the worst. We are still missing boxes and totes, which one of them is a lot of my clothes. We are still missing hardware as the movers misplaced our hardware box.

I've finally been able to find all the boxes to put together my computer. Wouldn't you know, the movers put my monitor in one box, one of the cables in another and the other cable in another box. When I finally made the space in the room, my wifi wouldn't extend to that portion of the house. So then I spent several hours looking for our Velop Wifi Extender, which of course were in several boxes.

Anyways, I FINALLY have the computer hooked up. The house is a mess with boxes all over as we are slowly unpacking. Several things were broken when we moved in, so we are waiting on maintenance to fix these issues. I just finished lining all the cabinets so we can finish unboxing the kitchen. We are working on getting a place cleaned out so we can set up the dining table. It's all slow-going. BUT I got my computer hooked up!

Tomorrow, I take my daughter to college for her Freshman orientation. I'll be gone all day. Hopefully the heat and humidity doesn't kill me. It's been quite some time since my body felt this much humidity and heat that it's not tolerating it very well. We always thought we'd retire down at Fort Benning (Georgia), but after this week, I told my husband I'm open to going back to Colorado where there is no humidity, no excessive heat and not nearly as many bugs as there are here!!

But just like every duty station, it's only temporary. In three years, we might be liking this place

Well, that's it from me. I didn't leave you. I've missed you all so very much. I've missed scrapping so very much and am quite thankful to see the light is within arm's reach these days!!

So what did I miss this past month?