Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 07-16-2019, 11:51 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Passport Progress

We're at the half-way point in July... so, how are you doing on your Passport this month?
Old 07-16-2019, 11:53 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm a bit gimpy with my right-hand in a splint. Scrapping one-handed, left-handed at that (I'm a righty), has been a challenge. I can do it, and I'm pretty proficient with the mouse using my left hand, but it's a little tiring.
I don't think I'm going to finish my Passport this month. If my wrist stops hurting and I can use my right hand more, I may give it an extra push!
Old 07-16-2019, 06:25 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I'm not doing so good - one done - 17 to go ... Not sure where I'll end up.
Old 07-16-2019, 06:33 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephc777 View Post
I'm not doing so good - one done - 17 to go ... Not sure where I'll end up.
I always look at it like, at least I've gotten one LO done, even if I don't finish all 18. Although finishing all 18 is usually my goal.
Old 07-16-2019, 07:13 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Not good. Life hs taken over lol
And we have a trip planned this weekend, plus hubby will be gone all next week which leaves everything on me for a week. Probably won't finish this month, and August is out since we have back to school and a week long hospital stay for my son

So see you guys in September. ROFL!!!

Old 07-16-2019, 09:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
I'm a bit gimpy with my right-hand in a splint. Scrapping one-handed, left-handed at that (I'm a righty), has been a challenge. I can do it, and I'm pretty proficient with the mouse using my left hand, but it's a little tiring.
I don't think I'm going to finish my Passport this month. If my wrist stops hurting and I can use my right hand more, I may give it an extra push!
That does sound hard, Tammy! Keep plugging away, maybe it will get easier.

I've got 7 left. That seems doable, but we'll see!
Old 07-16-2019, 09:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh yeah....I'm not sure I've done a single layout! We are going out of town for a wedding this weekend, but the week after that, all 4 girls go away to camp for a few days! Hopefully during that time I'll be able to play, but it will mostly be CT catch up!

Good luck to everyone playing along!

Tammy, you're doing amazing getting everything done with your left hand!
Kiana- So sorry about the hospital stay coming up. Hope everything is ok!
Cindi-woohoo! That's amazing!
Old 07-17-2019, 01:26 AM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

I have been working on it because I'm so far behind in scrapping. I have 3 so far. :/ Better than nothing!
Old 07-17-2019, 06:50 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

So, I haven't made a single page for my passport this month! I've completed it the past two or three, but this month I just can't get myself motivated to even begin. I've been busy in real life and I've needed a break from any other obligations, even a fun one like the passport. I just want to make the pages I want to make, lol! I hope to get back to business in August, though. I love me some discounts!

Old 07-17-2019, 08:42 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I haven't even started yet but hope to get as many done as I can.
Old 07-17-2019, 09:20 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I think I'm extra motivated to scrap since it's been so long for me, but I only have two left and I'm done!
Old 07-17-2019, 11:41 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't think it's meant to be this month. I've been struggling with some glitchy stuff with my computer and then yesterday it went full on weird. Hard drive started filling up for no reason, its freezing and I can't open any programs except for getting online for a few minutes at a time. So it goes into the shop today and might have it back over the wkend. I can scrap on my old PC upstairs but its smaller, much slower and takes forever to get a page done on it. I'm happy to have it but won't get much done on it.

Summertime is always slower for my scrapping anyway, I'm outdoors more, doing more activities and going away to our place in the States on wkends. So, if I have to get my computer fixed, this is a better time than in the fall when I start scrapping more.
Old 07-17-2019, 11:46 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Playing along with the challenges is so much fun, so I have to admit that completing all of them isn't really necessary for me, I just really love the ideas and how the challenges direct my thought process for page design. That is the most fun for me....so even though my computer is not playing nice with me right now.....I'm ok with that. I'll have a clean freshly installed computer to get a few pages done next week.
Old 07-17-2019, 12:34 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Kiana*~ View Post
Not good. Life hs taken over lol
And we have a trip planned this weekend, plus hubby will be gone all next week which leaves everything on me for a week. Probably won't finish this month, and August is out since we have back to school and a week long hospital stay for my son

So see you guys in September. ROFL!!!
Life has a way of doing that! I hope you have a fun trip this weekend!! I'm sorry your son will be in the hospital. I hope it goes well.
Looking forward to you being back & seeing your fabulous LOs, Kiana!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by icindi View Post
That does sound hard, Tammy! Keep plugging away, maybe it will get easier.

I've got 7 left. That seems doable, but we'll see!
Thanks, Cindi! I'm taking it easy this week because my shoulders are aching and the swelling in my wrist still hasn't gone down, so I'll spend some time icing it.
You're doing great!! You have plenty of time to finish those up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegirl View Post
Oh yeah....I'm not sure I've done a single layout! We are going out of town for a wedding this weekend, but the week after that, all 4 girls go away to camp for a few days! Hopefully during that time I'll be able to play, but it will mostly be CT catch up!

Good luck to everyone playing along!

Tammy, you're doing amazing getting everything done with your left hand!
Summer tends to be like that, Dawn! Enjoy all the fun!
Thank you!
Old 07-17-2019, 12:37 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashersmommy View Post
I have been working on it because I'm so far behind in scrapping. I have 3 so far. :/ Better than nothing!
That's great, Andrea... keep plugging along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by allyanne View Post
So, I haven't made a single page for my passport this month! I've completed it the past two or three, but this month I just can't get myself motivated to even begin. I've been busy in real life and I've needed a break from any other obligations, even a fun one like the passport. I just want to make the pages I want to make, lol! I hope to get back to business in August, though. I love me some discounts!
Sometimes a break is what's needed, Ally! Enjoy the time of just doing what you want. I'm with you... I love those discounts!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferJ View Post
I haven't even started yet but hope to get as many done as I can.
Sometimes just getting started is the hard part, Jennifer.
Old 07-17-2019, 12:40 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy_hart View Post
I think I'm extra motivated to scrap since it's been so long for me, but I only have two left and I'm done!
Wow!! That's awesome, Amy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
I don't think it's meant to be this month. I've been struggling with some glitchy stuff with my computer and then yesterday it went full on weird. Hard drive started filling up for no reason, its freezing and I can't open any programs except for getting online for a few minutes at a time. So it goes into the shop today and might have it back over the wkend. I can scrap on my old PC upstairs but its smaller, much slower and takes forever to get a page done on it. I'm happy to have it but won't get much done on it.

Summertime is always slower for my scrapping anyway, I'm outdoors more, doing more activities and going away to our place in the States on wkends. So, if I have to get my computer fixed, this is a better time than in the fall when I start scrapping more.
Oh no! Computer issues are the worst! Hopefully it's an easy fix and you'll be back to it in no time, Rae!
I think summer is a slow scrapping time for a lot of people. Enjoy your summer activities!
I love the Passport challenges because sometimes they help me think outside the box. I also like the discount that comes with completing the Passport!
Old 07-17-2019, 02:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It feels so weird to read and reply to this thread on my phone and not my PC LOL. I’m so used to having my desktop computer on my office desk to use. Sure hope I get it back soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-17-2019, 04:49 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Old 07-17-2019, 07:16 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegirl View Post

Kiana- So sorry about the hospital stay coming up. Hope everything is ok!
Oh that will be a nice break, hope you get some scrapping in!

And thank you, it's a sleep study for his epilepsy, he's had a few so we know what to expect, but still it's never fun.

Old 07-17-2019, 07:17 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Playing along with the challenges is so much fun, so I have to admit that completing all of them isn't really necessary for me, I just really love the ideas and how the challenges direct my thought process for page design. That is the most fun for me....so even though my computer is not playing nice with me right now.....I'm ok with that. I'll have a clean freshly installed computer to get a few pages done next week.

Same, I don't really need to complete them, and truthfully I don't use my coupon that often, but I love the inspiration!

Old 07-17-2019, 07:17 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
Life has a way of doing that! I hope you have a fun trip this weekend!! I'm sorry your son will be in the hospital. I hope it goes well.
Looking forward to you being back & seeing your fabulous LOs, Kiana!!

Thanks Tammy

Old 07-17-2019, 11:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Kiana*~ View Post
Oh that will be a nice break, hope you get some scrapping in!

And thank you, it's a sleep study for his epilepsy, he's had a few so we know what to expect, but still it's never fun.
Oh, still not fun! What hospital are you going to? My neice works at one in GR, but I'm guessing you'll stay in KZoo. Or do you go to like U of M?
Old 07-18-2019, 07:42 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I’m having a hard time scrapping this month. I find the prompts to be too narrow and have a hard time adapting to my scrapping needs this month
Old 07-18-2019, 08:06 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm about halfway done...... I was making great progress daily, but then this week has been SO busy I haven't completed anything. After Saturday, I should be able to get back on track and start my push for the finish line
Old 07-18-2019, 08:28 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I was doing well. Then I bought Sims 4 for the laptop and let's just say I have wasted so much scrapping time building my house instead lol.

I think I have done 6 pages and have 2 I need to complete so I guess it isn't too bad at this stage of the month, I want 40% this month though so I need to scrap rather than play my game!
Old 07-18-2019, 01:07 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
I’m having a hard time scrapping this month. I find the prompts to be too narrow and have a hard time adapting to my scrapping needs this month
That's a bummer, Lea!! Hopefully you'll find some that really work for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennNtheBoys View Post
I'm about halfway done...... I was making great progress daily, but then this week has been SO busy I haven't completed anything. After Saturday, I should be able to get back on track and start my push for the finish line
That's great, Jenn! Those weeks can be frustrating! Hopefully you'll have a restful weekend and can get back on track!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemma View Post
I was doing well. Then I bought Sims 4 for the laptop and let's just say I have wasted so much scrapping time building my house instead lol.

I think I have done 6 pages and have 2 I need to complete so I guess it isn't too bad at this stage of the month, I want 40% this month though so I need to scrap rather than play my game!
LOL! I have that issue when I start a new book
I know you can get your 40%!!
Old 07-18-2019, 01:09 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
It feels so weird to read and reply to this thread on my phone and not my PC LOL. I’m so used to having my desktop computer on my office desk to use. Sure hope I get it back soon.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I feel the same way when I'm on my phone! It feels awkward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post

ROFL!! Wendy, you crack me up!
Old 07-18-2019, 01:33 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm half done- 9 done, 9 to go! Summer is hard since we are at the lakehouse almost every weekend, so I usually scrap during the week... BUT next week we are crazy busy! My daughter has her softball end of season tourney, volleyball camp; Son has hockey skating camp & skills camp. I have an overnight concert with my mom on wednesday AND the hubby is out of town! THEN we leave for vacation the last week of July- SO if I'm going to finish this month- I need to get my bum in gear! Hope your wrist is healing fast for you!
Old 07-18-2019, 01:59 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemma View Post

Lol! I love the Sims! I could spend hours playing that game. Then I remember I have real kids and I completely stop playing because it consumes me.
Old 07-20-2019, 07:34 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I have 8 done, plus #6, so I'm halfway there! Hopefully I can get those last 9 in soon, I need to knit a baby gift for a friend I'm going to see next weekend...but I need to finish the bottom of a sweater first so I can use the needles for the hat That is priority right now, but once I get to the hat, should be back to scrapbooking in a day or two!
Old 07-21-2019, 07:19 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieN1 View Post
I'm half done- 9 done, 9 to go! Summer is hard since we are at the lakehouse almost every weekend, so I usually scrap during the week... BUT next week we are crazy busy! My daughter has her softball end of season tourney, volleyball camp; Son has hockey skating camp & skills camp. I have an overnight concert with my mom on wednesday AND the hubby is out of town! THEN we leave for vacation the last week of July- SO if I'm going to finish this month- I need to get my bum in gear! Hope your wrist is healing fast for you!
That's awesome, Amie!! Wow, sounds like a busy summer. Spending weekends at a lakehouse sounds magical! Enjoy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knittingbec View Post
I have 8 done, plus #6, so I'm halfway there! Hopefully I can get those last 9 in soon, I need to knit a baby gift for a friend I'm going to see next weekend...but I need to finish the bottom of a sweater first so I can use the needles for the hat That is priority right now, but once I get to the hat, should be back to scrapbooking in a day or two!
Aren't you on vacation in the states right now, Rebecca?! Having 8 done is fantastic!!