Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 10-12-2020, 06:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default QOTW 10/12

I'll make this a two part question this week.

What camera do you use for photos and what do you primarily take photos of?
Old 10-12-2020, 06:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I shoot with a Nikon D500 and my samsung S10+. I have a two Fujis that I never use and am thinking about putting them up for sale on Craigs List. They've been sitting around for close to 2 yrs and been used just a handful of time.

Probaby the most photographed are my animals and wildlife. But I take family photos of Bailey and selfies of myself a lot too.

I like candid everyday photos so will often photograph food, things around the home, etc to do "about me" pages.
Old 10-12-2020, 07:20 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I splurged a few months ago and upgraded to a Canon 90D (from a 50D) - I use it mostly for grandkiddo photos and nature -- especially during these fall months.
Old 10-12-2020, 11:01 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My main camera these days is my iphone - I used to have a DSLR and then rarely brought it out so sold it and got a high end 'point and shoot' but rarely remember to bring that out either.

Most of my pics are of my girls

Old 10-12-2020, 11:07 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

My everyday camera is my phone, a Google Pixel 3 XL. My "fancy" (DLSR) camera is a Canon 80D. My "fancy but small" (mirrorless) camera is a Sony Alpha a6000. My DH is stealing the 80D from me, but that's okay because I love the a6000. It's light and easy to use, like a point and shoot, but it's also fully manual, like the 80D.
Old 10-12-2020, 11:13 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have a Canon 70D with 5 lenses. I mostly take photos of my kids, but occasionally scenery and other things.
Old 10-12-2020, 11:38 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My most-used camera is my Samsung S9+. When I want to take nicer photos I use my mirrorless, an Olympus OM-D E-M10 II. (Sidenote--who in the world thinks up these camera names? I literally have to look at my camera and read the name every time someone asks.) With my real camera I mainly take photos of my kids. With the phone it's usually a mix of the kids and everyday things to use on weekly pages (weather, nature, food, hobbies, etc). This year it's as many work photos as anything. My preschool is offering a take home curriculum due to Covid, so I'm taking lots of step by step photos to include in lesson write ups.
Old 10-13-2020, 02:47 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I take all of my photos with my iPhone X. I own a DSLR, but I can't even remember the last time I took it out. : (

I mostly take pictures of my hair, to be honest. My kids are all bleh about photos.
Old 10-13-2020, 02:56 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I take photos with my iPhone.
I have a DSLR, but I gave it to my dad. He's an astrologist and uses it to take photos of the moon and the stars etc...

I usually take photos on vacation. But at the moment I'm into taking photos of my Autumn walks, esp. toadstools.

Old 10-13-2020, 09:51 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I take photos with my Galaxy Note 8. I used to have a point and shoot but my phone takes better photos now. We even bought extra lenses for the phone when we travel.
I take photos of my kids sometimes but they are 10 and 16 now...lately it has been our travels and home projects
Old 10-13-2020, 06:09 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I have an old Canon Rebel dSLR that I now very rarely pull out. I use my iPhone most of the time. I most take pictures of my family and the things we do.
Old 10-14-2020, 07:07 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I do not use my Canon at all anymore.....I only use my phone (samsun galaxy s20+) which takes very good photos
Old 10-14-2020, 02:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by biancka View Post
I do not use my Canon at all anymore.....I only use my phone (samsun galaxy s20+) which takes very good photos
What do you think of the 20+? I have the 10+ and love it but wondered how well the extended zoom works on the 20. It's like 100 times zoom, isn't it?
Old 10-14-2020, 02:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly27 View Post
I take photos with my Galaxy Note 8. I used to have a point and shoot but my phone takes better photos now. We even bought extra lenses for the phone when we travel.
I take photos of my kids sometimes but they are 10 and 16 now...lately it has been our travels and home projects
I feel the same way about my phone and my Fuji's. It's just so much easier and faster to use my phone than those and my Samsung takes great pics. When I bought my Fuji's I had an iPhone 6 I think so I figured I'd get lots of use from the small light mirrorless cameras but once I upgraded my phone I realized nope, the phone is a winner for me.
Old 10-14-2020, 02:57 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
What do you think of the 20+? I have the 10+ and love it but wondered how well the extended zoom works on the 20. It's like 100 times zoom, isn't it?
Wow, that's a lot! I still have a 9+ but if we switch carriers in the spring I'll upgrade. I wonder how much you can zoom in before camera shake becomes a problem.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 10-14-2020, 03:02 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My iPhone 10xr, I take my Canon 7D out for holidays, but that's about it. I really need an upgrade, I've had it about 10 years now. I took it on our roadtrip to Yellowstone this summer and that's the most I've used it in years. Aside from when I was doing photography professionally, but I stepped away from that almost 2 years ago.
Old 10-14-2020, 04:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm working with my ancient Nikon D5000.... I've had it for 13 years, and I can totally see in the quality of my photos that it is time for an upgrade, but I have yet to come across something that's a big enough difference in specs that it makes sense to upgrade.

I also use my Samsung s10e .... I'm someone who hates using my phone for photos (and never use it with major events/occasions/holidays), but I wanted something that was decent so I didn't need to always carry my 'big guy' on me. I like it.... I primarily use it for selfies, pet photos (because they are doing something cute every minute of every day), and Food.... I love the food setting on this phone, and it has really stepped up my food photo game when it comes to getting photos for my recipe binders.
Old 10-14-2020, 04:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
Wow, that's a lot! I still have a 9+ but if we switch carriers in the spring I'll upgrade. I wonder how much you can zoom in before camera shake becomes a problem.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
That's what I am wondering too? I know there is blur at the long end of the zoom but wonder at what point in between that you can still get a sharp pic from it.
Old 10-14-2020, 04:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post
My iPhone 10xr, I take my Canon 7D out for holidays, but that's about it. I really need an upgrade, I've had it about 10 years now. I took it on our roadtrip to Yellowstone this summer and that's the most I've used it in years. Aside from when I was doing photography professionally, but I stepped away from that almost 2 years ago.
Me too, 2 yrs ago I stopped working professionally in wedding/portraits, sold a bunch of my equipment and now just have fun taking photos for myself.
Old 10-14-2020, 04:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennNtheBoys View Post
I'm working with my ancient Nikon D5000.... I've had it for 13 years, and I can totally see in the quality of my photos that it is time for an upgrade, but I have yet to come across something that's a big enough difference in specs that it makes sense to upgrade.

I also use my Samsung s10e .... I'm someone who hates using my phone for photos (and never use it with major events/occasions/holidays), but I wanted something that was decent so I didn't need to always carry my 'big guy' on me. I like it.... I primarily use it for selfies, pet photos (because they are doing something cute every minute of every day), and Food.... I love the food setting on this phone, and it has really stepped up my food photo game when it comes to getting photos for my recipe binders.
I love the food setting too. I use it a lot b/c I also like lots of food photos and it's so easy now with my samsung phone rather than pulling out my big camera.
Old 10-21-2020, 07:42 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I usually take photos with my Nikon D5200.

I like to take pcs of my kids when they let me...hehehehe.... but usually I can only get them on vacations, holidays or special occasions. Other wise I do take lots of nature pics.

I do take some pics on my iPhone 7. But I just like the quality of the camera photos better.

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 10-22-2020, 10:29 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

I also have an S10+ and I take pictures of pretty much anything. If I am in a picture-taking mood, I see opportunities everywhere. And if I'm not, I'll probably still take pics of my cat.