Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 11-22-2013, 02:03 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm
Default December 2013: Scrapper's Portfolio & Tracker

Happy Holidays Sweet Shoppers!

Those of you who have been around awhile know that we usually take December off from hosting challenges here at the Sweet Shoppe so that we can take the extra time to spend with our families! This year, is no exception, but just because we're taking time away from the challenges, doesn't mean you have to!

So far this year, we've posted a whopping 352 challenges to inspire you and we know there's no way you've done them all! So for December's challenge portfolio, we invite you to earn points for your Sweet Rewards using ANY of the challenges which have been posted at Pinterest from January to November 2013!

Put together your own portfolio and earn points from any of the challenges you'd like! Just like every month, your point goals are as follows...

10 points = 20% discount
20 points = 30% discount
30 points = 40% discount

We do have a few simple rules to keep in mind...

1 - You are welcome to revisit challenges you've done in the past as long as you create a BRAND NEW layout for the task.

2 - As usual, only 10 points of your portfolio can be made up of our 10-point hybrid challenges. The rest of your points can be accumulated using any combination of other point value challenges!

3 - New Release and Hybrid Bonus points can be added within the usual limits.

As you put together your portfolio, please use the following format here in your tracker post...

January #5 - Paper Strips - 2 pts

May #22 - Paper Pieced Chevrons - 2 pts

September #8 - Fall Colors w/ Summer Photos - 2 pts

Total Points = 6 points

Please do NOT stress over this. This should be a fun and easy going month where you can revisit those challenges you weren't able to get through the first time around. As there is NO WAY for us to check and recheck previous portfolio threads, this month's portfolio is going to be on the honor system, and we know we can trust you to play by the rules listed above.

I love December and this year is even better because I am sooo excited to share with you a very special project that we've been working on putting together over the past month! There have been so many incredible layouts created by all of you all year long so we thought what better way to end the year than to create an idea book that showcases tons of gorgeous layouts that you put together from our challenges all year long!

So without further delay, we present to you the 2013 Community Edition of our Challenge Idea Book...

33 talented ladies from right here in our community are showcased in this edition of the Idea Book and if your layout appears inside, Libby will be contacting you shortly with a code you can use for $10 off your next order in the shoppe. It isn't much, but it's our way of saying thanks so much for playing along with our crazy off the wall challenge format!

Finally, while our Pinterest challenges have been fun for us to come up with over the last two years, and we've loved seeing what you do with the inspiration, we've decided to take a more relaxed play-to-win approach to challenges in 2014. We look forward to sharing our fun weekly program with you in the New Year, so we hope you'll stay tuned and dive in when you're inspired by something you see!

On that note, thanks for making 2013 an inspiring year here at SSD! We are so grateful to have such an incredible community supporting us day after day, week after week, year after year, and we hope you enjoy sharing your memories with us this month!

Happy Holidays from the entire Sweet Shoppe family,

Robin

Last edited by Robin Carlton; 12-31-2013 at 06:19 PM.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:22 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Looks great Robin!
Old 12-01-2013, 03:10 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

my spot! I'm so stoked for this!!

Old 12-01-2013, 04:22 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

My spot
Old 12-01-2013, 04:52 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

me
Old 12-01-2013, 05:56 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Total = 4pts

April #24 - Gallery Wall - 2pts

June #18 - I love tags! Create a LO that prominently includes at least 5 tags. - 2 pts

Last edited by Lelly; 12-10-2013 at 11:44 AM.
Old 12-01-2013, 08:45 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

My Spot!

MY BLOG | PINTEREST

BIG FAN!
Old 12-01-2013, 08:59 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Total: 20pts.

#31 July - Christmas in July - 2pts. + 1pt. NR (kit from KCB - uploaded 12/2)

#20 - October - Trends in scrapbooking - Hexagons 2pts. http://twopeasinabucket.typepad.com/...-hexagons.html

#20 - October - Trends in scrapbooking - Starbursts 2pts:

#20 - October - Trends in scrapbooking - Stars 2pts

#29 - November - Traci Reed Spin a lift: 2pts. + 1pt. NR (font from Darcy - uploaded 12/6)

#12 - June - Wedding blog colors http://burnettsboards.com/2013/08/pink-aqua-yellow/ 2pts.

#20 - October - Trends in Scrapbooking: Chalkboard & Christmas 2pts. + 1pt. NR (font from Darcy uploaded 12/17)

#29 - October - scrap whatever you want - 2pts. + 1pt NR (template from Cindy)

Last edited by sigmakap95; 12-22-2013 at 08:40 AM.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:29 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Count me in, planning already

Points = 30

January 3 - Be inspired by the unconventional use of talk bubbles in this layout by Nicole N to create a layout of your own. - 2 points

January 23 - Peeking from a pocket... use a pocket or two on your next layout! - 2 points

January 29 - Are you looking for a creative place to put your journaling on a page? Here’s an idea: write ON your photo! For this layout, you may only journal in the blank spaces on your photo! - 2 points

February 14 - “Do More Of What Makes You Happy” This is what we want you to scrap now! What do you love to do most? This page has to be about YOU! - 2 pts

February 28 - In honor of the Oscar’s, create a layout that features you or your family’s all time fa¬vorite movie. - 2 pts

March 5 - “Off center” is the very first thought we have when looking this image from photographer Michael Kenna, and that’s what we want to see in your page! Create an off-centered page with all of your elements placed on a single edge of your layout! - 2 pts

March 15 - Use the ideas from this article at wikihow as inspiration for chasing away the winter blahs or summer woes. Scrap a page about making the most of the season you are in! - 2 pts

May 3 - PageMaps.com is one of my favorite sites for sketches. Choose a sketch on this page as a starting point for your own layout. - 2 pts

May 13 - Using this card as inspiration, create a layout with a picture that is cropped into a shape that is NOT a square, rectangular or circle. Then add some elements or paper pieces that are the same shape for added repetition. - 2 pts

May 14 - I was drawn to this poster not only be¬cause it would make a great title, but be¬cause the idea is so true and so interesting! Be inspired to create a layout where you document the two different sides to some¬thing or someone. 2 pts

September 19 - This is a cute list to get others involved in a page! Use some or all of this list and create a page about your child, spouse or yourself! - 2 pts

September 25 - Let’s play with our photos a little bit! Split a photo however you like, and have all but one piece in Black & White - 2 pts

October 26 - These prints are just fabulous! If you only had 24 hours in your favorite city, what would be on your itinerary? Scrap about it! - 2 pts

October 31 - Be inspired by this Swedish print ad for tanning oil, and stack 3 similar long skinny photos right on top of each other using most of your page in the process! - 2 pts

November 13 - The title work on this poster may be different from what you usually do on your pages! Use it as inspiration to have your title placed vertically from top to bottom. - 2 pts

Last edited by Erica; 12-08-2013 at 05:22 AM. Reason: Uploading images
Old 12-01-2013, 09:55 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to hollyxann

TOTAL: 8 pts

JANUARY-
23 - Peeking from a pocket... use a pocket or more on your next layout! -2 pts. +1 NR PT

FEBRUARY-
2 - It's all about {Photo} perspective, change up your angle, change up your layouts! Get high and look down at your subject, get low and look up, anything but the standard "point and cheese!" - 2pts +1 NR PT

MARCH -5 - "off center" is the very first thought I have when looking this image and that's what I wanna see in your page! Create an off-centered page with most of your elements focused on a single edge of your layout! - 2pts

Last edited by hollyxann; 12-06-2013 at 11:08 AM.
Old 12-01-2013, 10:02 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My spot!

Total points: 31
NR points:
Hybrid points: 1

Feb #11-Colors inspired by the diver/mermaid poster 2 pts

March 10 - Feathers were HUGE at CHA this year! Incorporate at least 2 feathers into your next layout! - 2 pts

March #19 - One of the COOLEST trends in paper scrapping right now is wood veneers. We want you to incorporate wood veneers, or another of your favorite paper scrapping trends on your next layout! - 2 pts my trend: pocket scrapping

April #7, Pantone Spring forecast colors, 2 pts

April 19 - Tim Holtz has some amazing products that inspire me. Take inspiration from all the fasteners they have, and use at least 3 different fasteners on your page! - 2 pts (stitching, staples, buttons)

May 11 - Create a page that tells a minimum of 4 tiny stories. Be creative, think outside the box and tell those little stories you never want to forget. - 2 pts

June 4 - June 8th is Best Friends day! Scrap about a best friend growing up, a best friend now or what it means to be a friend. - 2 pts

July 30 - We love this list of books on the Dallas County Community College’s Summer Reading pinboard! What’s on your Summer Reading list? How many books have you read so far this Summer? Create a layout showcasing your summer reading list! - 2 pts

August 28 - This artist takes portraits of people by photographing their belongings - not them! Use this idea to scrap a page about yourself (or another) without using any pictures of yourself. - 2 pts

October 29 - Scrap whatever YOU want! - 2 pts + 1 hybrid pt

November 2 - Be inspired by the modern autumn color palette and create a layout that features at least 4 of these colors. - 2 pts

Nov 5 - Choose one of these one word art journal prompts to use as the inspiration to create a layout. Feel free to do up to 3 different layouts if you’re feeling inspired! - 6 pts (2 pts per layout up to 6 pts)

#70 Brave

#14 Love

#227 Fun

Nov 30 - These hand-stitched business cards make me happy and remind me that the little details sometimes make a BIG difference. Scrap a page that includes some stitching and pay careful attention to the little details that make your page special! - 2 pts

Last edited by rach3975; 12-30-2013 at 01:42 PM.
Old 12-01-2013, 10:06 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Marking my spot with some of the challenges that strike my fancy! I will narrow it down as I go!

January 2013
5. Be inspired by this fun paper layout and create a layout that features lots of strips of patterned paper. - 2 pts
8. There is nothing cooler than the look of stacks of papers and ephemera in a 3 ring binder. Emulate this look for your page. - 2pts Need More Inspiration? Check out these fabulous layouts by Sugarbabe Mary that use this technique:
12 - Take inspiration from this art journal piece and concentrate most of the color of a layout right in the center of your page. - 2pts.
20 - I love square grid designs in layouts! Take inspiration from this picture to create a layout with not only a grid design, but all of the grids must be the same color palette except for one that is different! - 2 pts.
22. Throughout all of the documenting I do, I want my kids to know who I truly am. Use an I prompt to document something about you! -2 pts.
24. I have been thinking so much about family lately, and would love to make a family motto. Make one for you family, scrap about it... what the motto is, how you came up with it, and what it means to your family. -2 pts.
32 - By The Numbers: This year we're focusing on creating a collection of layouts that tell our story in numbers. At the stroke of midnight on January 1st, we rang in a brand new year, so this month we want you to focus on time! What time were your babies born? What time did you get married? What is your favorite time of day? What time do you wake up in the morning? Scrap it and make sure to really put the focus of your page & title on the time! - 2 pts

February 2013
2 - It's all about {Photo} perspective, change up your angle, change up your layouts! Get high and look down at your subject, get low and look up, anything but the standard "point and cheese!" - 2pts
14 - "Do More Of What Makes You Happy" - that's what we want you to scrap now! What do you love to do most? This page has to be about YOU! - 2 pts
15 - Let's get geometric! Your page must have some geometric elements in the composition! Feel free to lift this page or create your own geometric inspired design! - 2 pts + 1pt NR (Zoe's Family ties posted 12/15/2013) = 3 pts

16 - All these letters make me want to see what you can do with BIG title work on your page. We're looking for really BIG titles or font work, it should stand out on your page! - 2 pts
18. Use this adorable mini album as inspiration to scrap about how you are finding joy right now, today! Use lots of layers, ribbons, patterns, and a large block title! -2 pts.
23 - Check out this photo pool of cool patterns and use one (or more!) as inspiration for a bold layout background! Link up your chosen pattern in your credits. - 2pts.
24 - Check out this amazing list of 30 things your kids should know you and create a layout for the prompts and questions which inspire you! - 2 pts per layout up to 10 points.
30 - Check out this cool macro photography tutorial and gallery. Create a layout that features a photo where you use a macro photography technique. - 2 pts

March 2013
5 - "off center" is the very first thought I have when looking this image and that's what I wanna see in your page! Create an off-centered page with most of your elements focused on a single edge of your layout! - 2pts
11 - This challenge is simple - use one of these inspirational quotes on a layout! - 2 pts per layout up to 10 pts
17 - Take this personality test online to see your true colors. Create a page using your personality color. Make sure that we can all easily see the color of your personality when we look at your page! -2pts.
21 - What type of girl are you? Create a LO with "I'm the type of girl" (or guy, or "you're the type ..") as the subject and title. - 2 pts.
29 - I'm a hardcore advocate of getting ME in our family scrapbooks, but too often, my photos are the posed and cheesy look. This month, I challenge you to get a photo of you, doin' what you do..meaning not looking and smiling, but in motion. Set up a tripod and remote and take a bunch of shots or have someone else take the photo for you, but capture a little of the REAL everyday you. - 2pts.

April 2013
6 - Scalloped edges have always been a fave here at SSD! Use scallops on your next page as a nod to your favorite sweet spot! - 2 pts

18 - Use this quote as inspiration to scrap about a tough time that has made you stronger, wiser or happier. Try to really tell your story with your journaling. - 2 pts.
20- April is Lawn and Garden Month. Put lots of flowers and greenery on your page! -2 points
22 - I am in LOVE with Nettio Designs blog. She has so many amazing ideas and motivation. Check out this post, and take her challenge to "push outside your comfort zone, challenge your assumptions of what you think you’re capable." -2 pts.
26 - John Green is one of my favorite authors and internet personalities. Use this blog full of quotes from his books as inspiration for your next layout. Be sure to share which quote inspired you too! - 2 pts
27 - Capturing where you are using the idea of photographing where you're actually standing absolutely captivates me. Use this fantastic inspiration from the Dear Lizzy blog to photograph a series of photos and create your next layout. - 2 pts
31- From cards to mini albums, layouts to treat bag toppers, there are a zillion and one paper craft ideas at Shellye McDaniel's Papered Cottage. Best of all, they are layered up like crazy! Find inspiration in one of her projects to create something crafty of your own. Be sure to include at least 5 different elements that make the project dimensional when you photograph it and share which of Shellye's projects inspired you too! - 10 pts

May 2013
1. -Use this color combination for inspiration on your next layout. At least 4 colors need to be represented. 2 pt.
3. - PageMaps.com is one of my favorite sites for sketches. Chose a sketch on this page as a starting point for your own layout. 2pt.
8. - Mother's Day is this month! Scrap a page using a recipe for something your Mom makes that you love or something you make that your kids love. - 2 pts
16. - Let's do a classic Paper-to-Digi Scraplift challenge this month! Have fun and scraplift of a page from Kyoko Kobayashi's amazing gallery. - 2 pts
18 - I love Cathy Zielske's blog post on having a passion project and observing how it can spill unto other parts of your life. Read her post, check out the link to the design site she mentions (warning: profanity ahead) and let it inspire a layout. - 2pts.
20 - Love this blog post on using various types and shapes for paper tears on a layout. Play around with tears on your next layout. - 2pts.
25. Actions often speak louder than words. Create a layout that features a title that is an action word. Use only one word in your title and incorporate photos and word art to show the action. - 2 pts
28 - What is on your "someday" list? What can you do to make someday today? Scrap about it! - 2 pts.
31 - The Holstee Manifesto is pretty inspiring! Use one of the concepts in the manifesto as the basis of your next page. - 2 pts per layout up to 10 points

June 2013
2 - Use this awesome snapguide as inspiration to create your own chunky wood, art journal style, wall art! - 10 pts
23 - This is a really moving blog post where Jenny, the author, discusses how each of her children "see" her from a different viewpoint. Take inspiration from the post to create a page that includes journaling about how someone in your life sees you. - 2 pts.
30. This collage of square photos is just Fantastic! Clean lines, yet on a grid, cluttered, yet easy to see all the different dimensions! Create your own collage of square (Instagram?) photos using this examples as a guide! You must use at least 16 photos on a loose-grid like the example here! - 2 pts

July 2013
4. I love how the paint makes the photos on this page POP! Create a page of your own using a white background and layers of paint or masks to make your photos pop. 2pt.
6. I love this quote and realize every year I am living how TRUE it is. Create a page about someone or something telling them something that they don't know. 2 pt
11. A good photo sequence can be a true showstopper on a layout! Show us a photo sequence of something from your day - your page needs to have at least 5 photos. - 2 pts
14. Squares + different patterns? YES, PLEASE! Use 10 different papers in some composition with squares! 2pts.
17 - Do you feel a bit stuck with *how* to tell your story? Ali Edwards has a free video series with various techniques she uses on her pages. Try one of them on a layout. - 2pts.
19 - This is a really amazing photographic study of families from around the world, revealing what people eat during the course of one week. It's so interesting to see the differences from place to place! Create a LO that documents something about the way you or your family eats. - 2 pts
21 - One pinner had a cute idea to frame these speech bubbles and use a dry erase marker to write down cute quotes (said by kids, friends, etc.). I love the idea of documenting memorable quotes, so be inspired to create a page that includes a speech bubble and documents a quote you want to remember. - 2 pts.
25. Hybrid Challenge - Create a hybrid pocket treasure album using pre-made paper bags. Check out Sugarbabe Juli's Tutorial on how to make this fun project here (insert link) for more ideas. - 10 pts
28 - Sugarbabe Trish put this on her blog the other day and it really resonated! Scrap a layout about what you would do if you could just start! - 2pts.

August 2013
2. Ali's my inspiration for capturing my day to day life. Use this blog post as a page inspiration to capture the words you are saying on repeat this week or month. 2 pt.
7. We all have a horrible day once in a while. This image shows some quotes for those days. Scrap one of those bad days of your life using a quote that always helps you to face moments like these. - 2pts
11 - Be inspired by the colors of far off places at sunset and create a page that features at least 3 of the colors in the color board above. - 2 pts
20 - Pick one of these prompts and use them in a layout. Let us know which one you picked! - 2pts
26 - This site has a lot of fun scrapbook sketches. Select one (don't forget to mention it in your credits!) to use as inspiration for your next layout. - 2 pts.
32 - By The Numbers: This year we're focusing on creating a collection of layouts that tell our story in numbers. This month we want you to focus on channels! What channel is your favorite radio station? What channels are your favorite TV shows on? If you couldn't live without one channel, which one would it be? Scrap a bit of pop culture this month and make sure to really put the focus of your page on a channel! - 2 pts

September 2013
2 - You know who gave great quote? Walt Disney did! I can look at quotes of his and find something to go with just about anything. So that's what I want you to do! Go and pick a quote from Disney and use it on your page. - 2 pts.
5 - How cute is that?! Use this idea on your next page by including (or comparing) some handwriting from each of your family members. - 2 pts.
11 - Not a Project Life Scrapper? Tired of all the journaling cards on the market because you just don't know what to do with them? Take some tips from Sugarbabe Tronesia and use those journaling cards in an unexpected way on your non-Project Life layout! - 2pts
16 - Use any one of these fun prompts on a layout--either have your kids write it down or ask them and record their answers. Either way, it's an interesting story! - 2pts.
19. This is a cute list to get others involved in a page! Use some or all of this list and create a page about your child, spouse or yourself! 2pt
22. This is one of my favorite quotes. Draw inspiration from it and create a page about the things you carry in your heart. The quote does not have to be used. 2 pt + 1 NR (for Jady Day Studios You are My Sunshine posted on 12/7/13) = 3 pts.

28 - Hybrid Challenge - Create a hybrid mini album that uses at least 5 pocket scrapping journal/filler cards and has at least 7 pages. You can use any size or binding technique you like. Check out all these cool mini book ideas and find one that inspires you! - 10 pts

October 2013
2. Birds of a feather flock together. Use at least two birds in a layout or hybrid project. 2 pt
3. October has some really random holidays in it. No seriously, it does. It's full of days like "Dress Like A Dork Day," "World Smile Day," "Tuxedo Day," and "World Egg Day." Take a look at this list of all the random holidays in this month, pick one, celebrate it, and then create a page about your day. 2 pt.
7. Stop in the middle of your every day routine, take a selfie or a shot of your desk etc. and document all the details of your day at that particular moment. Capture the routine and everyday. 2 pt.
11. We love this fantastic poster and all of the inspiration in it. From the mixed and matched fonts to the clusters of monochromatic groups within a larger rainbow of color there are so many ideas to play with here! Use one of these inspiring ideas on your next layout - 2 pts.
15. Leaves, leaves and more leaves. Create a layout that is all about leaves or has lots and lots of leaves on it. Be creative and feel inspired to work outside the box! - 2 pts.
19. In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month create a page that is primarily pink (any shade will do). 1 layout = 2 pts. Checking your boobies monthly - priceless!
20. It's a 10 point challenge! Here is a great list of the hot scrapbooking trends of the past year and a half. Make one page per trend (up to five pages) for 2 pts each. Your page needs to heavily reflect the trend that you have picked. Make sure you link us to what trend you picked. - 10 pts
24. I loved reading through this list of items a mom wrote for her child. What would you want your kids to always remember as they grow up? Journal about it in a layout--be as serious or tongue-in-cheek as you want. - 2 pts.
27 - This is a fun question! Which door would you choose? And why? - 2 pts.
30 - We love the look of the crumpled and worn papers in this adorable card. Get creative with raggedy papers in your next layout or hybrid project. - 2 pts

November 2013
1. This blog lists 80 reasons the blogger is thankful. Chose any one reason that you are thankful and to create a layout that highlights what you are thankful for. You can make up to 3 layouts for 2 pts each. - 2 pts/layout up to 6 pts
3 - Write a memo to a loved one, using lots of short statements. - 3 pts
5. Choose one of these one word art journal prompts to use as the inspiration to create a layout. Feel free to do up to 3 different layouts if you're feeling inspired! - 2 pts per layout up to 6 pts
8. Scrap a layout where the eye contact in a photo says more than what a long paragraph of journaling could. - 2pts
9. "At this very same time last year..." tell us what you were doing. Just tell us. An entire page with only journaling. - 2pts
12. "Make it simple, but significant" - following that idea, create a clean and simple page. -2pts
20. In honor of Eat a Cranberry Day (Nov 23rd) create a page that features anything "cranberry". - 2 pts
26 - Brave Girls Club is one of the most inspirational websites that there is. They have gorgeous eye candy and messages that make you feel all good inside. Go there and get inspired and create a layout based on that inspiration. 2 pts.
31 - This amazing pinboard from EmmyKim all about packaging shows that kraft paper never goes out of style. Take a look at this inspiration board and create a layout which focuses on using brown kraft paper along with some creative black or white font work! - 2 pts

6 Challenge Points
2 NR Points
Hybrid Points
Bonus Points
Total Points - 8 points

Wow! I have a lot that have inspired me - and a lot to choose from now!

Last edited by LoriJ; 12-30-2013 at 11:01 PM.
Old 12-01-2013, 11:32 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Total: 37 pts (5NR)

January #12: Centered Layout - 2 pts

January #26: Favorite Trend - Diagonal Composition - 2 pts

February #3: Use lots of brushes and stamps - 2 pts

February #16: Big Title Work - 2 pts

February #19: Scrap about a Relationship - 2 pts

April #20: Use lots of flowers and greenery - 2 pts + 1NR (Make Something Beautiful by Shawna, posted 12/14)

May #20: Play around with tears on your LO - 2 pts + 1NR (Torn Frames #1 by Ju, posted 12/14)

May #31: Holstee Manifesto - 2 pts

September #9: Coffee Page - 2 pts

September #11: Use Journaling Cards in an Unexpected Way - 2 pts + 1NR (In the Frosty Air Papers by Libby, posted 12/7)

September #18: Scrap an Understatement - 2 pts

October #24: What do you want your kids to remember growing up? 2 pts + 1NR (Think Happy Be Happy by Ru, posted 12/14)

October #29 - Scrap what you want - 2 pts

November #1 - Things I'm Thankful For

1. Starbucks at Christmas - 2 pts + 1NR (December Joys Collection by Nicole, posted 12/14)

2. Loving Parents - 2 pts

November #8: Eye Contact - 2 pts

Last edited by HeyJude; 12-31-2013 at 01:07 PM.
Old 12-01-2013, 11:43 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Total = 19pts
NR = 5pts

January #4 - Use this quote as an inspiration for a page. - 2pts

February #3 - Get Textured! Add some dimension and fun to your layouts with brushes, paint and stamps, the crazier, the better! - 2pts + 1 NR pt = 3pts (NR - In the Frosty Air - Artsy Papers by Libby - 12/07/13)

September #2 - You know who gave great quote? Walt Disney did! I can look at quotes of his and find something to go with just about anything. So that's what I want you to do! Go and pick a quote from Disney and use it on your page. - 2 pts + 1 NR pt = 3pts (NR - Dear Diary by Krystal & Sugarplum Paperie - 12/23/13)

September #11 - Not a Project Life Scrapper? Tired of all the journaling cards on the market because you just don't know what to do with them? Take some tips from Sugarbabe Tronesia and use those journaling cards in an unexpected way on your non-Project Life layout! - 2pts + 1 NR pt = 3pts (NR - Boy Wonder by Shawna Clingerman - 12/04/13)

October #20. It's a 10 point challenge! Here is a great list of the hot scrapbooking trends of the past year and a half. Make one page per trend (up to five pages) for 2 pts each. Your page needs to heavily reflect the trend that you have picked. Make sure you link us to what trend you picked. up to 10pts
Triangles - 2pts

November #5. Choose one of these one word art journal prompts to use as the inspiration to create a layout. Feel free to do up to 3 different layouts if you're feeling inspired! - 2 pts per layout up to 6 pts
35. New - 2pts + 1 NR pt = 3pts (NR - Kiss Me At Midnight by Traci, Libby & Jenn - 12/23/13)

210. List - 2pts + 1 NR pt = 3pts (NR - Brainstorm by Libby - 12/14/13)

Total = 19pts
NR = 5pts

Last edited by chastml; 12-23-2013 at 11:27 AM.
Old 12-01-2013, 12:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Total Points: 18
NR points: 0
Hybrid points: 0

January 7. - January is a time of change and resolutions for new habits. Use this quote and scrap about the changes that you need to make this year. That won't be easy, but will be worth it to you? - 2pts

Jan 22. Throughout all of the documenting I do, I want my kids to know who I truly am. Use an I prompt to document something about you! -2 pts.

Feb 3 - Feb 3 - Get Textured! Add some dimension and fun to your layouts with brushes, paint and stamps, the crazier, the better! - 2pts

Feb 11- Use one of these awesome Vintage Posters to inspire your layout color palette or design. Make sure to note which poster you used as inspiration. - 2pts inspiration: http://designspiration.net/image/780677726576/

Feb 15 - Let's get geometric! Your page must have some geometric elements in the composition! Feel free to lift this page or create your own geometric inspired design! - 2 pts

Feb 22 - Check out the blog writingprompts.tu... for some quirky journal prompts. Use one as inspiration (and let us know which one you chose!) for a layout! - 2pts Using the prompt: http://writingprompts.tumblr.com/image/67608543895

Mar 1.-I love the way community member Angie balanced this photo-less page and made it interesting with a cluster that expands from one edge to another. Create a layout that balances your page with a cluster that expands from one edge of the page to another (vertically, diagonally, or horizontally). 2 pt

March 20 - Sometimes things just sound better when they are written in a foreign language. Create a LO where your title is written in a language other than your own. - 2 pts.

July 31st - Cool things off and think Christmas in July! Be inspired by this cute birthday party idea and create a layout that features your favorite December holiday. Think Christmas, New Year's Eve, Hanukkah, etc. - 2 pts

Last edited by tanyiadeskins; 12-21-2013 at 11:10 AM.
Old 12-01-2013, 01:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

my spot! I love December Portfolio!
Old 12-01-2013, 01:18 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to coopert

My spot!
Old 12-01-2013, 01:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My Spot!!!! So exciting to see one of my LO's in there!!
Old 12-01-2013, 01:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Page points: 2
NR: 1
Total: 3pts

- - -

August #16 - Scraplifted this layout by Sam Waiho. NR: 1 (12/25 - My Family by Ju & KCB)

Last edited by zakirahzakaria; 12-25-2013 at 08:18 AM.
Old 12-01-2013, 02:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Challenge Points: 3
NR Points: 2
Hybrid Points: 0
TOTAL POINTS: 5

January

January 13: Use this DIY Driftwood Photo Display project as a 'sketch' for your own LO. - 2 pts (+1 NR point using Sweetest Christmas by Sugarplum Paperie and JadyDay studios, released Black Friday, layout posted 12/2/13)

(While I took some liberties and used elements instead of wood, and resized my photos to be larger, I kept the concept of same number of photos and journaling spots, and generally the same placement in my sketch, then made it my own).

January 20: 20 - I love square grid designs in layouts! Take inspiration from this picture to create a layout with not only a grid design, but all of the grids must be the same color palette except for one that is different! - 2 pts. (+1 NR point using A Christmas Wonderland: Cozy by Kristin Cronin-Barrow, released Black Friday, layout posted 12/3/13)

(Currently torn between making this an album cover, some wall art, or mailing it as a small hybrid card to my grandmother. If I decide to make it a hybrid card, I'll update with the card and point value).

New Siggy Coming Soon

Last edited by Jengerbread88; 12-03-2013 at 01:14 PM.
Old 12-01-2013, 03:09 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery
Default December challenges tracker

I am in, its going to be a busy month but i will do my best!
Old 12-01-2013, 04:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My spot.

TOTAL= 31 points
NEW RELEASES= 5 points

November 31. Christmas is coming - are you all caught up? Scrap holiday photos from a past year, using less-traditional holiday colors. - 2 pts

March 34. If nothing ever changed there'd be no butterflies. Scrap about a change or transformation in your life that inspires you. 2pt

January 26. Project Life/ P365/ P52 is just beginning. Take inspiration from these projects and create a layout documenting something about this month. -1 pt.

January 16 - Use all--or at least two--of the prompts listed here on a layout. - 1 pt

October 29 - Scrap whatever YOU want! - 2 pts + 1 NR (I don't wanna grow up, released 12/21/uploaded 12/22)

31 July - Christmas in July - 2pts. + 1pt. NR (kit from KCB - uploaded 12/2)

February 2 - It's all about {Photo} perspective, change up your angle, change up your layouts! Get high and look down at your subject, get low and look up, anything but the standard "point and cheese!" - 2pts (picture with girl holding cat)

September #11 - Not a Project Life Scrapper? Tired of all the journaling cards on the market because you just don't know what to do with them? Take some tips from Sugarbabe Tronesia and use those journaling cards in an unexpected way on your non-Project Life layout! - 2pts + 1 NR pt = 3pts (Make Something Beautiful, released 12/14, uploaded 12/14

November 28 - Autumn tablescapes are so beautiful. Use the tablescape featured and create a page with whatever inspires you about the photo. - 2 pts.

November 12. "Make it simple, but significant" - following that idea, create a clean and simple page. -2pts

Sept. 2 - You know who gave great quote? Walt Disney did! I can look at quotes of his and find something to go with just about anything. So that's what I want you to do! Go and pick a quote from Disney and use it on your page. - 2 pts.

Oct. 4. - Black and white can be so stunning. Really push the envelope and create a stunning black and white photo for your next layout. The photo should be the focal point. 2 pt. + 1 NR (Only in Dreams, released 11/30, uploaded 12/2)

Jan- 23 - Peeking from a pocket... use a pocket or more on your next layout! -2 pts.+ 1 NR (Text Pathapalooza 7 released 11/30, uploaded 12/2)

Oct. 18. Truer words have never been spoken. Scrap a layout about the awesome in you or a member of your family. - 2pts.+ 1 NR (Boy Wonder released 11/30, uploaded 12/1)

Last edited by marlathrall; 12-27-2013 at 06:16 PM.
Old 12-01-2013, 05:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Total Points: 30 points!

Feb. 32. Focus on dates. Years. 2pts

April 13. Thanksfulness 2pts

May 9. Angles on your page can make for lovely composition! Create a layout that is inspired by this picture. Use angles, layered papers and pops of color to make your layout look unique. - 2 its

May 11. Create a page that tells a minimum of 4 tiny stories. Be creative, think outside the box and tell those little stories you never want to forget. - 2 pts

June #1 Free Summer Activities, At the Park 2pts

July 23. Be inspired by The Lonely Planet website where readers tell their travel stories in 140 characters or less. Create a page that tells a story of travel adventure you have had or you hope to have one day. - 2 its

July 31 - Cool things off and think Christmas in July! opts

August 26 - This site has a lot of fun scrapbook sketches. Select one (don't forget to mention it in your credits!) to use as inspiration for your next layout. - 2 pts. (cover photo)

September 11 - Not a Project Life Scrapper? Tired of all the journaling cards on the market because you just don't know what to do with them? Take some tips from Sugarbabe Tronesia and use those journaling cards in an unexpected way on your non-Project Life layout! - opts

November 2. Be inspired by the modern autumn color palette and create a layout that features at least 4 of these colors. - 2 pts. +1 pt NR "Make Your Own Sunshine" by Jenn Barrette and Melissa Bennett released 12.20.14 and posted 12.20.14

November 5 - Words that Inspire "Messy"

November 5 - Words that Inspire "Imagination"

November 6. I love the colors and vibrancy of Claire Desjardins's paintings! Pick one and let it inspire a layout. - 2pts Inspired by "Split Second"
2pts +1pt for NR (KCB and Ju Kneipp My Family released 12/20 and posted 12/19)

November 12. "Make it simple, but significant" - following that idea, create a clean and simple page. -2pts

Total Points: 28 + 2 NR point = 30 points

Last edited by abm234; 12-27-2013 at 03:57 PM.
Old 12-01-2013, 05:43 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Jan 23-vellum pocket2 pts

Oct. 18- I love tags include 5 tags 2 pts

Last edited by scrapapictur; 12-07-2013 at 01:00 PM.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My spot

Total Points 3

May 2013 #23 Large letters as a design element 2 pts + 1 NR point for Get Artsy: Love
Old 12-01-2013, 09:17 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

My spot
Old 12-01-2013, 09:52 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Love this idea!!! My spot
Old 12-01-2013, 10:23 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Total : 31 pts
Challenge : 26 pts + NR : 5 pts

Jan #4. Use this quote as an inspiration for a page. -2pt

Jan #16 - Join in on Fist Pump Fridays at Today's Letters blog and include a picture of something you are celebrating this month. Think outside the box - taking down the tree, losing a few pounds, keeping up with your resolutions....whatever is worth celebrating to you. - 2 pts + 1pt NR

Mar #11 - This challenge is simple - use one of these inspirational quotes on a layout! - 2 pts per layout up to 10 pts

got joy? 2 pts

Mar #25 - Use at least two of these prompts here for photos. Use them in a layout. Let us know which prompts you picked! - 2 pts + 1pt NR

June #4. - June 8th is Best Friends day! Scrap about a best friend growing up, a best friend now or what it means to be a friend. 2 pt.

Oct #20. It's a 10 point challenge! Here is a great list of the hot scrapbooking trends of the past year and a half. Make one page per trend (up to five pages) for 2 pts each. Your page needs to heavily reflect the trend that you have picked. Make sure you link us to what trend you picked. - 10 pts

handwritten look - 2 pts

triangle - 2 pts

chevron - 2pts

hexagon - 2pts

Nov #5. Choose one of these one word art journal prompts to use as the inspiration to create a layout. Feel free to do up to 3 different layouts if you're feeling inspired! - 2 pts per layout up to 6 pts

focus - 2pts

love - 2 pts + 1 pt NR

today - 2pts + 1pt NR

Nov #15 - The author of one of my favorite blogs is installing new hardwood floors in her home (gorgeous!). Follow her lead and create a LO that uses both wood paper or elements AND chevrons. - 2 pts + 1pt NR

Last edited by eve11ne; 01-01-2014 at 07:45 AM.
Old 12-01-2013, 10:38 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

My spot!
I will do my best to join in!
Old 12-01-2013, 10:51 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

mine

Oh, hey! My layout is on there.

Total: 31 points

October #32 - By the Numbers Age

2 points

October #8 - Halloween Kit in a non-Halloween way

2 points

November #12 - Clean & Simple

2 points

September #14 - Simple is Better

2 points

June #11 - Disney Quotes + NR Brainstorm 12/14

3 points

July #30 - Books + NR Novel Destinations 12/21

3 points

February #23 - bold background + NR Don't Wanna Grow Up 12/21

3 points

September #17 - 9 9 Scraplift + NR Music Speaks 12/21

3 points

September #14 - Clean & Simple

2 points

November #6 - Claire Desjardins art - Thankful

2 points

March #32 - By the Numbers - distance

2 points

February #17 - 5 hearts + NR Go, Wood 12/28

3 points

January #29 - Journal on Photo

2 points

Last edited by lovely1m; 12-27-2013 at 11:42 PM.
Old 12-01-2013, 11:54 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

Taking my spot here.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:34 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

My Spot
Old 12-03-2013, 11:40 AM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

I am going to try to play along this month.
Old 12-03-2013, 09:37 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to JMC1988

My spot!

July # 10 - 2 pts - Anything worth dreaming is worth dreaming big. What is one of your biggest dreams? Scrap a page about it.

July # 6 - 2 pts - I love this quote and realize every year I am living how TRUE it is. Create a page about someone or something telling them something that they don't know.

November # 25 - 2 pts - What makes you (or someone you love) easy to understand? Create a list page that sums up you (or someone else) in just 5 - 10 things that you like.

July # 7 - 2 pts - 7. The fashion and design world are all just crazy about nautical things right now! Create a page using some nautical type things as your main accents or as part of your page design.

Total Points = 8

Last edited by JMC1988; 12-20-2013 at 01:06 AM.
Old 12-04-2013, 02:40 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

30 pts
2 of 5 NR
10 of 10 hybrid

January challenge 12 - Take inspiration from this art journal piece and concentrate most of the color of a layout right in the center of your page. - 2pts

January challenge 29 - Are you always looking for a creative place to put your journaling on a page? Well, here's my idea: write your journaling IN your photo! You can't write anywhere else on your page, you may only journal in the blank spaces on your photo! - 2 pts

February challenge 1 - February is the month of love, but that doesn't mean every lovey layout we do you has to be red, pink and white. Use this tag as inspiration to include some non-traditional colors in your heart-filled pages this month. - 2pts

February challenge 15 - Let's get geometric! Your page must have some geometric elements in the composition! Feel free to lift this page or create your own geometric inspired design! - 2 pts

March challenge 19. One of the COOLEST trends in paper scrapping right now is wood veneers. I think they are awesome! Incorporate wood veneers, or another of your favorite paper scrapping trends on your next layout! -2 pts.

March challenge 30 - I am a type NERD. I love all things typography. I want you to include a giant piece of punctuation on your layout. It must be at least 8 inches (on a 12 in canvas) or 5 inches (in an 8 inch canvas) wide or tall. - 2pts.
+1 NR - Sweet Days With You by Misty Cato released 8 Dec, uploaded 11 Dec

April challenge 29. Recipe Challenge...use terrab's awesome page as inspiration to create a page that has the following items on it: Some kind of chevron pattern, arrows, 8 Flowers (no more, no less), a journal card, and 2 photos. 1 layout - 2 pts
+1 NR Family Ties by Zoe Pearn released 13 Dec, uploaded 16 Dec

April challenge 31- From cards to mini albums, layouts to treat bag toppers, there are a zillion and one paper craft ideas at Shellye McDaniel's Papered Cottage. Best of all, they are layered up like crazy! Find inspiration in one of her projects to create something crafty of your own. Be sure to include at least 5 different elements that make the project dimensional when you photograph it and share which of Shellye's projects inspired you too! - 10 pts

May challenge 3. - PageMaps.com is one of my favorite sites for sketches. Chose a sketch on this page as a starting point for your own layout. 2pt.

May challenge 22. Paper piecing is a fantastic and bold way to add color to your layouts. Make your own chevrons that use lots of papers. Your chevrons must take up at least 1/2 your layout! - 2 pts

Last edited by lorryfach; 12-28-2013 at 06:06 PM.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to pewtertm

Total: 30

March 11: This challenge is simple - use one of these inspirational quotes on a layout! - 2 pts per layout up to 10 pts

May 3: PageMaps.com is one of my favorite sites for sketches. Chose a sketch on this page as a starting point for your own layout. 2pt.

May 16: I absolutely love WaiSam's Two Peas gallery! Her pages are so bright and airy and just luscious. Go pick a page and lift it, just make sure you credit her! http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/gall...us-twist-kits/ 2 pts.

July 31: Cool things off and think Christmas in July! Be inspired by this cute birthday party idea and create a layout that features your favorite December holiday. Think Christmas, New Year's Eve, Hanukkah, etc. - 2 pts

August 20: Pick one of these prompts and use them in a layout. Let us know which one you picked! (7 of my favorite songs) 2 pts

August 26: This site has a lot of fun scrapbook sketches. Select one (don't forget to mention it in your credits!) to use as inspiration for your next layout. Used sketch found here: http://studiocalico.typepad.com/.a/6...74601ea970b-pi 2 pts

October 15: Leaves, leaves and more leaves. Create a layout that is all about leaves or has lots and lots of leaves on it. Be creative and feel inspired to work outside the box! - 2 pts.

October 19: In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month create a page that is primarily pink (any shade will do). 1 layout = 2 pts

October 29: Scrap whatever YOU want! - 2 pts

November 1: This blog lists 80 reasons the blogger is thankful. Chose any one reason that you are thankful and to create a layout that highlights what you are thankful for. You can make up to 3 layouts for 2 pts each.

Last edited by pewtertm; 12-12-2013 at 10:45 AM.
Old 12-07-2013, 04:06 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

I'll mark a spot and maybe I will be able to get some LO's done.
Old 12-11-2013, 02:40 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My spot!
April Challenge #3- 28 years2pts

April Challenge #6- Scallops 2pts

April Challenge #23 B&W2pts

Last edited by Chels85; 12-27-2013 at 12:28 AM.
Old 12-11-2013, 04:51 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Total Points: 30

Jan #4 Use this quote 2pts

jan #3 Be inspired by unconvential use of talk bubbles 2pts

nov #12, clean and simple page 2pts

Feb #17 scrap a page using at least 5 hearts 2pts

Jan #25 your relationship with money 2pts

nov #8 . Scrap a layout where the eye contact in a photo says more than what a long paragraph of journaling could. - 2pts.

NOV #5 one word art journal prompts. Feel free to do up to 3 different layouts (1 of 3) delicious 2pts

NOV #5 one word art journal prompts. Feel free to do up to 3 different layouts (2 of 3) boredom 2pts

NOV #5 one word art journal prompts. Feel free to do up to 3 different layouts (3 of 3) ride 2pts

March #10 Use at least 2 feathers. 2pts

Feb #30 macro photo 2pts

Jan #23 use a pocket

Jan #10 create a mosaic 2pts

March #23 Use this website to make a watercolor map.2pts

Feb #31 use a flower font 2pts

Last edited by seniorgal; 12-17-2013 at 04:53 PM.
Old 12-31-2013, 05:58 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Total: 30 pts
New release (NR): 1 pts already included in total above
Hybrid: 5 pts already included in total above

Jan 8: There is nothing cooler than the look of stacks of papers and ephemera in a 3 ring binder. Emulate this look for your page. - 2 pts + 1 pt hybrid

Jan 23: Peeking from a pocket... use a pocket or more on your next layout! - 2 pts + 1 pt hybrid

Feb 25: Use one of the awesome hybrid tutorials on the Sweet Shoppe Tutorial Blog to inspire your next project! - 10 points
Traci's tutorial on how to save time by printing and cutting with the Silhouette
https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/t...ur-silhouette/

I did my December Daily hybrid style, using my silhouette and almost entirely SSD products. Just showing one page for this challenge point, but my gallery has all the pages:

April 6: Scalloped edges have always been a fave here at SSD! Use scallops on your next page as a nod to your favorite sweet spot! - 2 pts + 1 pt hybrid

July 10: Anything worth dreaming is worth dreaming big. What is one of your biggest dreams? Scrap a page about it. - 2 pts + 1 pt NR
NR: Kiss My by Traci Reed, Libby Pritchett & Jenn Barrette; released 12/21; LO uploaded 12/20.

July 19: This is a really amazing photographic study of families from around the world, revealing what people eat during the course of one week. It’s so interesting to see the differences from place to place! Create a LO that documents something about the way you or your family eats. - 2 pts

July 20: This is such a beautiful white layout. Use it as inspiration to create your own monochromatic layout in any color you choose. You may have an accent color, but your page should focus on various shades of a single color. - 2 pts + 1 pt hybrid

July 31: Cool things off and think Christmas in July! Be inspired by this cute birthday party idea and create a layout that features your favorite December holiday. Think Christmas, New Year’s Eve, Hanukkah, etc. - 2 pts + 1 pt hybrid

Last edited by suladesign; 12-31-2013 at 02:26 PM.