Sweet Shoppe Designs

  #1  
Old 08-09-2022, 10:02 AM
StacyLynn's Avatar
StacyLynn StacyLynn is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2018
Location: PA
Posts: 1,328
Default Finish my last Grads book

Well, since my last baby graduated high school, I did this with each of my four kiddos. I am officially done with this big of a project...(until grand babies, yes my kids have already asked me to do them....)

this is Austins grad book turned into a movie with little snippets of movie clips of him growing up.... most of the kits and templates used are from Sweet Shoppe.

https://youtu.be/tvjrYQzwWzo
__________________

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-09-2022, 10:33 AM
Kimberly27's Avatar
Kimberly27 Kimberly27 is offline
Jabber-Jawbreaker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 6,887
Default

What program did you use to make the movie? I love it. I am so behind on scrapbooking my boys that I will never get something like that done but thought about doing it for vacation photos so I can add in some of our videos as well.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-09-2022, 11:16 AM
StacyLynn's Avatar
StacyLynn StacyLynn is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2018
Location: PA
Posts: 1,328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly27 View Post
What program did you use to make the movie? I love it. I am so behind on scrapbooking my boys that I will never get something like that done but thought about doing it for vacation photos so I can add in some of our videos as well.
I downloaded an old version of Windows Movie Maker, cause I did not have the time to learn a new program and thats what I have used in the past. This is not my regular scrapbooking, that is also way way behind because I do not scrap chronologically. Vacation photo n movies would be a great idea!!!!
__________________

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-09-2022, 11:31 AM
jenn7's Avatar
jenn7 jenn7 is offline
Sugar Rush
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: AZ
Posts: 924
Default

Very cool!
__________________
~Jenn~
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-09-2022, 12:06 PM
Kimberly27's Avatar
Kimberly27 Kimberly27 is offline
Jabber-Jawbreaker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 6,887
Default

Thanks Stacy. I will have to give it a look. This is an awesome gift to give to your kiddos. They will cherish it forever.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-10-2022, 10:52 AM
bienejen's Avatar
bienejen bienejen is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Western Michigan
Posts: 2,691
Default

So cool!!!!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-10-2022, 01:00 PM
kristalund's Avatar
kristalund kristalund is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7,134
Default

Wow- this is pretty amazing!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-10-2022, 06:16 PM
Cherylny's Avatar
Cherylny Cherylny is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: USA
Posts: 1,198
Default

*sniff sniff* this is SO beautiful! What an awesome tribute and collection of photographs'. -
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-10-2022, 09:06 PM
rach3975's Avatar
rach3975 rach3975 is offline
Jabber-Jawbreaker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 9,910
Default

That's wonderful! Has he seen it yet? I'm halfway through my oldest's grad book, and it's so much work! I've already warned him that it won't be ready in time for him to bring it with him when he moves into the dorm, but my goal is to send it for printing right around then. I never thought about doing it as a movie!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-10-2022, 10:45 PM
AmieN1's Avatar
AmieN1 AmieN1 is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 3,379
Default

Wow! Brought a tear to my eye & I'm a total stranger! I'm going to be a mess when my kids get there (my daughter will be a freshman this year- so not long left for her!) Great job momma!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-11-2022, 04:40 AM
Saar's Avatar
Saar Saar is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Belgium
Posts: 40,300
Default

Wow! This is so beautiful!
The pages, the photos, the movies, the songs... wow! Just wow!
The first song really got me. Having a 5 month old baby, the song brought me back to my pregnancy last year. I didn't know the song and I just looked it up on youtube. I cried!
Thank you for sharing!
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-11-2022, 07:39 PM
StacyLynn's Avatar
StacyLynn StacyLynn is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2018
Location: PA
Posts: 1,328
Default

He has seen bits n pieces of the movie. We played it on a loop at his grad party. All the pages are in this book.





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-11-2022, 07:40 PM
StacyLynn's Avatar
StacyLynn StacyLynn is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2018
Location: PA
Posts: 1,328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn7 View Post
Very cool!
Thank you!!!
__________________

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-11-2022, 07:41 PM
StacyLynn's Avatar
StacyLynn StacyLynn is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2018
Location: PA
Posts: 1,328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bienejen View Post
So cool!!!!!
Thank you!
__________________

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-11-2022, 07:41 PM
StacyLynn's Avatar
StacyLynn StacyLynn is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2018
Location: PA
Posts: 1,328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristalund View Post
Wow- this is pretty amazing!

Thank you!!!
__________________

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-11-2022, 07:42 PM
StacyLynn's Avatar
StacyLynn StacyLynn is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2018
Location: PA
Posts: 1,328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherylny View Post
*sniff sniff* this is SO beautiful! What an awesome tribute and collection of photographs'. -

Thank you!!!!
__________________

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-11-2022, 07:43 PM
StacyLynn's Avatar
StacyLynn StacyLynn is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2018
Location: PA
Posts: 1,328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
That's wonderful! Has he seen it yet? I'm halfway through my oldest's grad book, and it's so much work! I've already warned him that it won't be ready in time for him to bring it with him when he moves into the dorm, but my goal is to send it for printing right around then. I never thought about doing it as a movie!
Thank you!!
Yes, it is def a LOT of work!!!!!! But once the pages are done, the rest is not as hard! (unless you count having to stop n cry as you make it!!!!!)
__________________

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-11-2022, 07:44 PM
StacyLynn's Avatar
StacyLynn StacyLynn is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2018
Location: PA
Posts: 1,328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieN1 View Post
Wow! Brought a tear to my eye & I'm a total stranger! I'm going to be a mess when my kids get there (my daughter will be a freshman this year- so not long left for her!) Great job momma!
Thank you so much!!! I cried while making the whole movie!!!! It def goes by way too fast!
__________________

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-11-2022, 07:46 PM
StacyLynn's Avatar
StacyLynn StacyLynn is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2018
Location: PA
Posts: 1,328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saar View Post
Wow! This is so beautiful!
The pages, the photos, the movies, the songs... wow! Just wow!
The first song really got me. Having a 5 month old baby, the song brought me back to my pregnancy last year. I didn't know the song and I just looked it up on youtube. I cried!
Thank you for sharing!
Thank you so much!!! It was a lot easier finding songs for my three girls.... And that song get me bawling all the time and the one called "Boy" by Lee Brice.....
__________________

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-13-2022, 01:26 PM
aussiegirl's Avatar
aussiegirl aussiegirl is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,523
Default

I have created school albums for my girls when they graduate too! They end up being printed as 3 albums usually (Elementary School, Middle School and High School). I finished mine back in June for my daughter's Grad Party. I have one left, a Sophomore this year! I'm hoping to start her's this year, or even have her help some as a Homeschool Yearbook/Photography class.

My girls have loved their's! I may have to create College ones too?! Hmmm, never thought of that! Congrats on finishing up and creating a wonderful keepsake!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 08-20-2022, 03:55 PM
StacyLynn's Avatar
StacyLynn StacyLynn is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2018
Location: PA
Posts: 1,328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegirl View Post
I have created school albums for my girls when they graduate too! They end up being printed as 3 albums usually (Elementary School, Middle School and High School). I finished mine back in June for my daughter's Grad Party. I have one left, a Sophomore this year! I'm hoping to start her's this year, or even have her help some as a Homeschool Yearbook/Photography class.

My girls have loved their's! I may have to create College ones too?! Hmmm, never thought of that! Congrats on finishing up and creating a wonderful keepsake!

I never thought of doing it at three albums!! That might have been easier!
Thanks!!!!
__________________

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-20-2022, 10:58 AM
sarahorton's Avatar
sarahorton sarahorton is offline
Sugar Pie
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Sep 2022
Location: Texas
Posts: 225
Default

That's impressive! What a wonderful album and movie - a gift your lucky kids will treasure forever!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-26-2022, 10:04 AM
StacyLynn's Avatar
StacyLynn StacyLynn is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2018
Location: PA
Posts: 1,328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahorton View Post
That's impressive! What a wonderful album and movie - a gift your lucky kids will treasure forever!
Thanks so much!!

(I have a cousin also named SarahHorton and she is blond like you, I had to do a second glance when I saw your name... hehehehehe)
__________________

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All Creative Content 2007 SweetShoppeDesigns

Making your memories sweeter

Copyright 2016 Sweet Shoppe Designs The Sweetest Digital Scrapbooking Site on the Web | Site by Lilac Creative