Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 06-27-2019, 09:46 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm
Default Question about printing

For those of you who do double page spreads - how do you handle the bleed when you are preparing for printing.

I've been doing a few double pages lately, but have no idea what I'm going to do when it comes time to print them. Would I be better off sticking to single pages?
Old 06-27-2019, 11:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I print at persnickety prints online. The way the page looks when I upload is exactly the way it looks once printed. I only print loose pages for my albums so I can’t comment to printing in a book.
Old 06-28-2019, 06:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I print from Shutterfly, using lay flat pages. I LOVE the lay flat pages! I pulled out a book to check bleed. Looks great - even the one where the photo goes across the two pages. I definitely had bleed issues when I printed the traditionally bound books from Shutterfly.

Old 06-28-2019, 06:57 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Yup same as Cindi. I use Shutterfly and use the layflat pages.

Old 06-28-2019, 07:06 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

awesome shutterfly lay flat it is then thanks ladies
Old 06-30-2019, 12:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Get on their email list and they'll keep sending you sale info. I wait for a good sale to order.
Old 07-02-2019, 05:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I use Shutterfly also, but not the layflat pages (I'm cheap!) When I do a 2 page layout, I try to make sure my journaling, photos, etc aren't fully in the center of the 2 page spread. If some elements are placed there, that is fine, but I try to move things around so it doesn't cause a problem on the pages when printed.
Old 07-10-2019, 02:26 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Cindi when doing double pages like that do you save it as a 12x24 and upload it or do you do 12x12 pages and upload them individually? I just printed a book for my nephews first year and mine did not look as great as yours do.
Old 07-10-2019, 10:36 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I have an action from Wendyzine that factors in the bleed for me when I'm printing. I love it and never miss anything in the binding of my albums!

When life settles and we get completely unpacked, I'll take some photos for you--if you want to see them.
Old 07-10-2019, 11:19 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by icindi View Post
I print from Shutterfly, using lay flat pages. I LOVE the lay flat pages! I pulled out a book to check bleed. Looks great - even the one where the photo goes across the two pages. I definitely had bleed issues when I printed the traditionally bound books from Shutterfly.

Those look awesome!

I am SO jealous! I know these look like special occasions but.....I have yet to print out any of my "everyday" layouts. I have printed a FEW vacations, holidays and other excursions but haven't touched everyday layout printing yet!!
Old 07-11-2019, 12:32 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrpprgirl View Post
Cindi when doing double pages like that do you save it as a 12x24 and upload it or do you do 12x12 pages and upload them individually? I just printed a book for my nephews first year and mine did not look as great as yours do.
good question I guess I need to know this answer too lol
Old 07-11-2019, 10:29 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Oh no!! I just looked and I uploaded 12 x 24 for those pages. I wonder if they'd let you reprint if you're not satisfied? Might be worth a try.
Old 07-11-2019, 07:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Oh no!! I just looked and I uploaded 12 x 24 for those pages. I wonder if they'd let you reprint if you're not satisfied? Might be worth a try.

What are you unhappy about? With what you pay, I’d let them know if you’re not happy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-11-2019, 10:12 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

These look amazing, Cindi!!
Old 07-15-2019, 01:02 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

This was my first book that I've ever printed doing digital scrapping so I definitely feel like there's a bit of a learning curve. Pages were not centered, too much cut off the left and right side but it wasn't how it looked on the site when I uploaded them. The first book they sent me the binding was not on right and it made the pages crooked. I called about it and they sent out a new book. The binding issue was fixed but my pages were still cut off so I figured I didn't do something right. I love the amount of space you have on the top/bottom and sides. What do you do to make it like that? Do you transform to a certain percentage? I'm using PSE 2019. I think your pages are beautiful!
Old 07-15-2019, 01:06 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Those look Great Cindi! I don't do many 2 pagers but this has inspired me!
Old 07-15-2019, 05:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
This was my first book that I've ever printed doing digital scrapping so I definitely feel like there's a bit of a learning curve. Pages were not centered, too much cut off the left and right side but it wasn't how it looked on the site when I uploaded them. The first book they sent me the binding was not on right and it made the pages crooked. I called about it and they sent out a new book. The binding issue was fixed but my pages were still cut off so I figured I didn't do something right. I love the amount of space you have on the top/bottom and sides. What do you do to make it like that? Do you transform to a certain percentage? I'm using PSE 2019. I think your pages are beautiful!
I think the templates I used just had some wide margins around the edges. If my template has almost no margin I usually try to save it with a little more space. Some 2 page templates I use go right up to the edge and don't really allow for adding margins because there are things that go off the page. Like Lori's new 2 page templates - I'm not sure how they will print, but I"m going to try!

Like these templates I totally love but I don't see how I could add more margin since elements go off the page. Any ideas? If the edge of the frames are cut off in printing I"m thinking it will look bad but I've not yet printed any of these pages.