Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 08-16-2019, 03:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Friday Fun Facts 08/16

Let's all get to know each other a bit better and answer some fun questions. Today is all about the outdoors.
  1. Would you rather swim or hike?
  2. Do you have a favorite neighborhood park or beach?
  3. Do you have a backyard, porch or balcony? Any flowers out there?
  4. Do you enjoy nature photography i.e. flowers, landscape, wildlife?
  5. Do you have a favorite flower?
Old 08-16-2019, 03:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1. I'd rather hike. I like the water but other than a quick dip or wading thru the shallow area, I'd rather be on land. I do like our river across the street as I can walk with Taz thru the shallow rocky areas and he chases the sticks I throw. It's a great way to cool off in the summer. He goes in all year round but me only on the hot summer days.

2. I love Colony Farm and was just there this morning. Taz can come with me as long as he is on a leash. I photograph the birds and flowers. It's one of my fave spots to shoot with my macro lens. This morning I took about 300 pics. I was surprised by a deer so got his photo too

3. We have a covered back porch where all the bird feeders are. We love to sit in the kitchen and watch the birds through the door/windows. We have a deck (where the hot tub used to be) but I never go out there, its falling apart and will be taken down soon.

4. Anyone who knows me, knows my answer is YES! I retired from wedding/portrait photography last year, just have my home transcription business now and it allows me more time to get outdoors and photograph our beautiful nature.

5. Sunflowers are my fave. I took a lot of shots of them this morning and especially love to use my macro lens to get close up to them. They fascinate me.
Old 08-16-2019, 03:28 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Would you rather swim or hike? Swim! I like walking, but hiking brings the risk of poison ivy and the last time I got into that, I was in the hospital! I'll stick with water!

Do you have a favorite neighborhood park or beach? Florida Botanic Gardens. It's a beautiful place with fabulous flowers and paths.

Do you have a backyard, porch or balcony? Any flowers out there? I have a front courtyard at my town home. I have mostly containers with flowers and herbs, since the soil isn't deep in the landscaping. I love my herbs!

Do you enjoy nature photography i.e. flowers, landscape, wildlife? I adore taking photos of flowers, but I don't think I'm very good at it. I love taking photos of birds and insects! So interesting!

Do you have a favorite flower? Yellow tulips, which unfortunately do not grow down here in Florida!
www.gallerystandouts.com
Old 08-16-2019, 03:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Would you rather swim or hike? I'd rather hike. I like being in water, but I'm not a strong swimmer and I get this water-logged feeling after half an hour or so.

Do you have a favorite neighborhood park or beach? Next door to the school I work at (and my college) is a large park. I enjoy it quite a bit. I often go walk around the park or through it on the trails.

Do you have a backyard, porch or balcony? Any flowers out there? I have an absolute monstrosity of a deck in the backyard. It has 5 different levels to it. It is oddly shaped and just weird. The previous owner who built it said (and I quote him) "I got deck happy". In our immediate back yard there are no flowers other than honeysuckle that grows on the fence. In the pasture behind the fence there are all sorts of wild flowers. We also have some flowers out front.

Do you enjoy nature photography i.e. flowers, landscape, wildlife? I used to. Now I feel kind of bored with our area. When we go some place new I'm excited to take photos but I don't take as many at home now.

Do you have a favorite flower? Yellow roses are my favorite. I also adore pink peonies. We have some beautiful coral roses that grow in our yard as well.
Old 08-16-2019, 03:57 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

1. Would you rather swim or hike?
Hmm. both? Especially a swim after a hike! If it's warm enough that is...

2. Do you have a favorite neighborhood park or beach?
We have a park just a mile or so down the road that has super old, huge trees, so it has a lot of shade in the summer heat. They also have a really nice baseball field, so that's where we go to practice!

3. Do you have a backyard, porch or balcony? Any flowers out there?
All three! I LOVE flowers! I have a lot in the flower beds surrounding the house, as well as in pots on the back balcony & front porch.

4. Do you enjoy nature photography i.e. flowers, landscape, wildlife?
Yes! We are fortunate that we live in an area that is close to everything, but seems remote- we have a lot of wildlife right in our neighborhood (not always good when there is a cougar sighting by the bus driver!) Often all I can get pics of are the birds & the deer- all the other animals are too quick to get pics of.

5. Do you have a favorite flower?
Daffodils are my most favorite! But I love all flowers, even the weeds the kids pick for me
Old 08-16-2019, 04:20 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Would you rather swim or hike?
Hike for sure although it's not my favorite, either.

Do you have a favorite neighborhood park or beach?
YES! I hate having to hike through the sand in bare feet while carrying all of the junk we need at the beach. We found a beach with STAIRS down to the water so still tiring to get back up to the car after being at the beach all afternoon but much better than trudging through the dunes for 2 miles. They also have a park & playground & picnic tables at the top so tomorrow we'll be doing that to celebrate my little mermaid-daughter's 10th birthday.

Do you have a backyard, porch, or balcony? Any flowers out there?
We have a teeny tiny lopsided with weeds growing through it deck off the side of the house that we use as our primary entry into the house. It's a rental so we just let it be.

Do you enjoy nature photography i.e. flowers, landscape, wildlife?
It's okay in small doses. I still prefer people pictures.

Do you have a favorite flower?
I don't care about flowers (or plants in general) AT ALL. I can appreciate a bouquet of fresh flowers on my table but that's as far as it goes. I do like the smell of lilacs.
Old 08-16-2019, 05:32 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Would you rather swim or hike?
Swim... I don't like hiking or being in middle of now where with bugs.

Do you have a favorite neighborhood park or beach?
No... but we have over 30 some parks in our city... I like various ones for different things. I wish we lived near a beach... I love listening to the waves.

Do you have a backyard, porch or balcony? Any flowers out there?
We have backyard, porch and deck... I rarely go in the backyard (our house is a raised ranch, so we have very steep steps from our deck to the backyard)... hubby and I like to sit on the porch and chat. No flowers - I can't keep them alive long enough to enjoy.

Not really... I take photos and if flowers and landscapes happen to be there, lucky. haha Can you tell I really don't like the outdoors.

Do you have a favorite flower?
hydrangea... it was the first flower my husband sent me (when we were dating)... he doesn't remember this... and if you asked him, he would say fake flowers, haha - I scold him when he buys me flowers... so expensive and they don't last long.
Old 08-16-2019, 05:45 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Would you rather swim or hike? Hike, definitely hike.

Do you have a favorite neighborhood park or beach? yes, we go there thrice or more, a week since it's big and my daughter has a lot of space to play and ride her bike or scooter, and there's a big space tooo, for joggers and a picnic area and a provision for a concert at the park.

Do you have a backyard, porch or balcony? Any flowers out there? We do have a small backyard in our apartmnt, but my plants are all inside.

Do you enjoy nature photography i.e. flowers, landscape, wildlife? yes, I do, but I love when my daughter and/or husband is included in the beaut of the view

Do you have a favorite flower? We call it Santan in my country, Ixora Coccinea or West Indian Jasmine, it's not really the most elegant of all the flowers, but I love it. When I was growing up, our house was surrounded by Santan and I just love all the colors.
Old 08-16-2019, 06:06 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

1. Would you rather swim or hike? No preference (unless the swimming involves a tropical beach or other similar vacation destination, lol)
  2. Do you have a favorite neighborhood park or beach? We live next to a great park, but there several others we like close by.
  3. Do you have a backyard, porch or balcony? Any flowers out there? We have a backyard and two porches. Unfortunately, no balcony. We have flowers in our back and front yards, but not on either porch.
  4. Do you enjoy nature photography i.e. flowers, landscape, wildlife? I do!
  5. Do you have a favorite flower? Gerbera daisies, roses, peonies, and several others that can't remember (or never knew) the names of.
Old 08-16-2019, 06:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Would you rather swim or hike? Hike. One of my biggest fears is drowning. I can swim but I'm not a good swimmer.
Do you have a favorite neighborhood park or beach? Longwood Gardens which was named one of the best botanical gardens in the US. It's more than an hour drive from us though.
Do you have a backyard, porch or balcony? Any flowers out there? We have a small backyard and porch. There's a few flowers. I usually buy hanging flowering plants and put them in our front yard.
Do you enjoy nature photography i.e. flowers, landscape, wildlife? Yes, I do. I just wish I can do it more often.
Do you have a favorite flower? I love almost all of them. My top five favorites are: Gardenia, Peonies, Stargazer Lilies, Tulips, and Jasmine
Old 08-16-2019, 07:27 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Would you rather swim or hike? Swim!

Do you have a favorite neighborhood park or beach? Not really

Do you have a backyard, porch or balcony? Any flowers out there? We have a little balcony in our apartment, no flowers, but lots of trees and birds and other wildlife.

Do you enjoy nature photography i.e. flowers, landscape, wildlife? LOVE IT!

Do you have a favorite flower? Hmm, calla lillies are pretty.

Old 08-17-2019, 07:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Would you rather swim or hike? Swim, especially since I'm recovering from a broken bone in my foot

Do you have a favorite neighborhood park or beach? No beaches around here, unfortunately. No favorite park. A friend and I walk at various parks, but no faves.

Do you have a backyard, porch or balcony? Any flowers out there? We have a back deck, with flowers that are looking a little crispy about now, LOL

I like to photograph what we do and see, whatever that is. I have enjoyed the fox, owl, woodpecker, snapping turtle we have found in our yard.

Do you have a favorite flower? I love hydrangeas and sunflowers and roses in soft colors, like coral