Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 11-08-2021, 02:08 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default 30 Days of Thanks-November 8

today I am thankful for another sunny day (it is November, I will take what I get) and for friends who make me laugh.
Old 11-08-2021, 02:37 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I so wish I had friends who make me laugh! I miss the friends I had back in WA.

Today I have a hard time being thankful because I'm feeling nauseous and have a headache. I think I'm about to be on my period which sucks...

Ugh! I guess I'm thankful for not having yelled at my kids today (so far...). I'm going to try really hard not to yell for the rest of the day.
Old 11-08-2021, 03:19 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Thankful for the supporters of my poetry. The ones that have read or purchased or reviewed my books. The ones that have shared my words and connected with them. The ones that encourage me to keep writing and sharing.

Old 11-08-2021, 03:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm thankful for my hubs having a great pension from his job of many years which is going to allow us both to retire early (within months...yay) and I can spend even more time doing what I love...scrapping, reading, hanging out with family and the dogs.
Old 11-08-2021, 03:34 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
I so wish I had friends who make me laugh! I miss the friends I had back in WA.

Today I have a hard time being thankful because I'm feeling nauseous and have a headache. I think I'm about to be on my period which sucks...

Ugh! I guess I'm thankful for not having yelled at my kids today (so far...). I'm going to try really hard not to yell for the rest of the day.
so sorry you are not having a good day. Hopefully your day will brighten up and you'll feel better.
Old 11-08-2021, 03:34 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiana View Post
Thankful for the supporters of my poetry. The ones that have read or purchased or reviewed my books. The ones that have shared my words and connected with them. The ones that encourage me to keep writing and sharing.
I can only imagine the good feelings that gives you.
Old 11-08-2021, 03:37 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
I'm thankful for my hubs having a great pension from his job of many years which is going to allow us both to retire early (within months...yay) and I can spend even more time doing what I love...scrapping, reading, hanging out with family and the dogs.
WooHoo to early retirement and enjoying the time doing what you love!!

I received my pension report last week and am currently seeing if I can pull it off for early retirement or go another two years (which would still be early).

If i go next year I would want a little part time job doing nothing even remotely connected to what I have been doing for the last 32 years, I want out.
Old 11-08-2021, 03:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaye View Post
WooHoo to early retirement and enjoying the time doing what you love!!

I received my pension report last week and am currently seeing if I can pull it off for early retirement or go another two years (which would still be early).

If i go next year I would want a little part time job doing nothing even remotely connected to what I have been doing for the last 32 years, I want out.
That's how I feel. I might want a part time gig but not what I'm doing now. I've been a transcriptionist for over 30 years and something different for a day or two a week or a couple of half days might be good. I started up my photography portrait work again (quit for about 3 yrs b/c of wedding photog burnout and it was starting to bother my back shooting the long hours) but portrait work is fast and easy. I might just do that. Lots of options so will take my time figuring it all out. Plus we want to sell the house and move so that'll be fun but time consuming as we look at homes and figure out what area we want to go to. Lots of changes coming up
Old 11-08-2021, 03:57 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Today I am thankful that my work day is over and I get to go home. It's been a long day!
Old 11-08-2021, 05:39 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
That's how I feel. I might want a part time gig but not what I'm doing now. I've been a transcriptionist for over 30 years and something different for a day or two a week or a couple of half days might be good. I started up my photography portrait work again (quit for about 3 yrs b/c of wedding photog burnout and it was starting to bother my back shooting the long hours) but portrait work is fast and easy. I might just do that. Lots of options so will take my time figuring it all out. Plus we want to sell the house and move so that'll be fun but time consuming as we look at homes and figure out what area we want to go to. Lots of changes coming up
I want to retire, live in a little cottage just outside of a village in the Yorkshire Dales and have 4 Labrador Retrievers. Think I need the lottery, lol.
Old 11-08-2021, 05:50 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Today I am thankful that we (finally) secured a house in Gulf Shores and one in Galveston - (both directly on the ocean - step off the front decks and our toes will be in the sand) ... we will be traveling in February - our first post-retirement trip.
Old 11-08-2021, 06:01 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Lots of exciting things going on for you Rae!
My husband is retiring in a few weeks and I am retiring on 12/21 and counting the days!
Old 11-08-2021, 06:42 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Today I'm thankful that it's a school day, and I had some productive time organizing Sarah's drawers and clearing out the stuff she doesn't wear. I can never do that when she's home, because she suddenly loves it all and can't bear to part with anything! LOL
Old 11-08-2021, 07:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm thankful for school transportation! Our bus route was suspended for the last two weeks due to our driver quarantining and too many other drivers being out (I was told there were 4 knee and hip replacements in the last month, a broken shoulder, a twisted knee and other health issues possibly Covid related) and all the subs covering other routes. I was able to get my high schooler a ride in the am with a friend nearby and another friend to bring him home since the am ride had afterschool sports but had to get up early and get the middle schooler to school (in the very cold, dark am) and pickup at 230pm. I'm thankful I don't have to do that every day and that our schedules are back to normal for the time being!
Old 11-08-2021, 08:15 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Today I'm thankful for beautiful parks and (mostly) willing kids who will pose for photos in them.
Old 11-08-2021, 09:26 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I am thankful for Ariana's teacher. She's a seasoned elementary teacher, and nothing phases her. She doesn't get emotional or offended when Ari does something wrong; she just deals with it and moves on.
Old 11-09-2021, 11:08 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I missed yesterday, but yesterday I was thankful for my mother in law who gave me coffee when I ran out bless her
Old 11-09-2021, 12:25 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSDesigns View Post
Today I am thankful that my work day is over and I get to go home. It's been a long day!
I have had those days!!
Old 11-09-2021, 12:26 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillW View Post
Today I am thankful that we (finally) secured a house in Gulf Shores and one in Galveston - (both directly on the ocean - step off the front decks and our toes will be in the sand) ... we will be traveling in February - our first post-retirement trip.
oh my goodness!! Congratulations Jill, I can't wait to see all the stunning photos you will be taking.

Enjoy that retirements!!
Old 11-09-2021, 12:26 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponytails View Post
Today I'm thankful that it's a school day, and I had some productive time organizing Sarah's drawers and clearing out the stuff she doesn't wear. I can never do that when she's home, because she suddenly loves it all and can't bear to part with anything! LOL
I can relate to that problem......there's a meme about that, cracks me up every time I see it, totally me.
Old 11-09-2021, 12:27 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bienejen View Post
I'm thankful for school transportation! Our bus route was suspended for the last two weeks due to our driver quarantining and too many other drivers being out (I was told there were 4 knee and hip replacements in the last month, a broken shoulder, a twisted knee and other health issues possibly Covid related) and all the subs covering other routes. I was able to get my high schooler a ride in the am with a friend nearby and another friend to bring him home since the am ride had afterschool sports but had to get up early and get the middle schooler to school (in the very cold, dark am) and pickup at 230pm. I'm thankful I don't have to do that every day and that our schedules are back to normal for the time being!
oh my goodness, what an ordeal! So glad things have returned to normal.
Old 11-09-2021, 12:28 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post
Today I'm thankful for beautiful parks and (mostly) willing kids who will pose for photos in them.
Take all advantage of that you can! I am lucky to get one photo a month of mine, even the dog won't cooperate any longer, lol.
Old 11-09-2021, 12:29 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
I am thankful for Ariana's teacher. She's a seasoned elementary teacher, and nothing phases her. She doesn't get emotional or offended when Ari does something wrong; she just deals with it and moves on.
That is a good feeling as a parent, knowing you have the support of the teacher
Old 11-09-2021, 12:30 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyiadeskins View Post
I missed yesterday, but yesterday I was thankful for my mother in law who gave me coffee when I ran out bless her
No morning coffee is definitely not a good things, lol.