Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 05-23-2022, 02:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default To scrap, or not to scrap....!

Well, the past two years have been a bust when it comes to scrapping. Looking at my gallery, I was reminded that I did scrap a couple of pages last summer. Beyond that, I have spent the last two years buried in school work. I went back to college a few years back and the last two years were pretty intense. I graduated on May 14th with my elementary education degree. It only took me 30 years to get it.

This will be the first summer in over 4 years that I do not have classes. It feels pretty amazing. I am hoping to get some scrapping done, but I know I will need to come here for some inspiration. I feel like I haven't exercised my creative muscles in a while. Thankfully, some assignments allowed for a little creativity here and there. I am just so far behind in my scrapbooking now and I have a lot of stuff I want to include in albums!
  • My daughter graduated community college with her associates degree.
  • My son enrolled in community college (dual enrollment, he's still in high school) and got his driver's license.
  • My stepdaughter is expecting her 3rd child which means we will have ANOTHER GRANDBABY soon!!
  • My own graduation, my college family (wouldn't have made it without these girls!!), the experience taking the Praxis, and now my search for my first teaching job.

Anyway, I was happy to pop in today and still see familiar faces posting. SSD always feels like a place you can come home to.
Old 05-23-2022, 03:52 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri Tierney View Post
Well, the past two years have been a bust when it comes to scrapping. Looking at my gallery, I was reminded that I did scrap a couple of pages last summer. Beyond that, I have spent the last two years buried in school work. I went back to college a few years back and the last two years were pretty intense. I graduated on May 14th with my elementary education degree. It only took me 30 years to get it.

This will be the first summer in over 4 years that I do not have classes. It feels pretty amazing. I am hoping to get some scrapping done, but I know I will need to come here for some inspiration. I feel like I haven't exercised my creative muscles in a while. Thankfully, some assignments allowed for a little creativity here and there. I am just so far behind in my scrapbooking now and I have a lot of stuff I want to include in albums!
  • My daughter graduated community college with her associates degree.
  • My son enrolled in community college (dual enrollment, he's still in high school) and got his driver's license.
  • My stepdaughter is expecting her 3rd child which means we will have ANOTHER GRANDBABY soon!!
  • My own graduation, my college family (wouldn't have made it without these girls!!), the experience taking the Praxis, and now my search for my first teaching job.

Anyway, I was happy to pop in today and still see familiar faces posting. SSD always feels like a place you can come home to.
You HAVE been busy - scrapping takes time and for me, it also takes attention and I'm sure you're mind has been pulled in so many different directions. The great thing about scrapping is you can start at any time. Good luck!!

Old 05-23-2022, 06:19 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Well first....
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Second welcome home/back. Hope to see pages from you soon!

Old 05-23-2022, 06:37 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Congratulations! I hope you are able to get a job you love with your new degree.

I always find it’s hard to get back into the groove of scrapping after a long break, but once I spend three days on that first layout, it gets a lot smoother.
Old 05-23-2022, 08:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

CONGRATS SHERRI!!!!! It's never too late!!!!!!

Old 05-23-2022, 08:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
Congratulations! I hope you are able to get a job you love with your new degree.

I always find it’s hard to get back into the groove of scrapping after a long break, but once I spend three days on that first layout, it gets a lot smoother.
Yes! 3 days on a layout. That sounds about right whenever I jump back in. I did make classroom posters and such with scrappy materials recently though, so maybe 2 days!
Old 05-23-2022, 09:14 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Congratulations, Sherri! That is such an accomplishment!
Old 05-23-2022, 09:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

You must be so proud of yourself! That's a great accomplishment. Maybe you should off by scrapping about that
Old 05-23-2022, 09:28 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Congrats, Sherri! I hope you find a job quickly. Being done and looking forward to a summer without schoolwork must feel amazing! Sounds like there have been a lot of good things happening for you over the last few years.

I'm back in school too, for my masters and certification in early childhood special ed. During the semester I scrap a lot less, but right now I've got a few weeks off before summer classes start.
Old 05-23-2022, 09:57 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Congrats!
Old 05-24-2022, 08:11 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Congrats! I chuckled a bit at the 2-3 days for your first layout. Partly because it's funny, but mostly because it's true. Luckily layouts 2 and 3 should come together quicker!
Old 05-24-2022, 08:16 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Oh my gosh CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!! Best wishes on your job search! And I love using PS and scrappy stuff to make classroom materials!!!

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 05-24-2022, 03:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

WOW!!! A huge congratulations to you!!! I find it very hard to get back into the groove of scrapping too! Especially when there is a lot going on. Right now I have my two kiddos that just turned 18 (yikes) and are about to graduate high school, prom is coming up for them, we are still in dance competition season - for both of them now that my daughter has just recovered from a 6+month knee injury. Other crazy family stuff going on and all of this while still trying to get into the groove of my new job. I'm drained! I'm definitely super unorganized when it comes to my scrapping stuff. My scrap supplies need organized and OMG let's not talk about my scattered mess of photos. I feel like once I can get that in check I can relax and get into some kind of scrapping schedule.
Old 05-24-2022, 05:19 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Congrats on getting your degree!

Glad to have you back scrappin. If you need some inspiration, you can try out the monthly this or that challenges here or the new designer hosted challenges here.
Old 05-24-2022, 08:06 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Ahhh! Congrats Sherri! What an accomplishment <3 Good for you and thanks so much for coming here to share with all of us! Hope to see your pages in the gallery again soon, as it sounds like you have tons of big moments to scrap!!
Old 05-25-2022, 10:53 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Congrats Sherri! It's good to see you back. My scrapping goes in fits and starts. I was on such a roll early in the year and then April hit. I'm hoping once school gets out and my schedule gets a little more relaxed I can get some pages done. My work hours are a bit reduced in the summer so I'm hoping to have some more time!

Old 05-25-2022, 05:55 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Hi, Sherri, I remember you!!
Welcome back and Congratulations on your achievement and wow, you've been busy!
I can't wait to see your pages in the gallery

Old 05-25-2022, 11:42 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Hello! SO many amazing accomplishments and so many blessings in your life! That is awesome! I'm glad you popped back in here and hope you find time to do some creative scrapping!!
Old 06-13-2022, 03:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Hey... I thought I'd share (since I mentioned that I wanted to scrap about my job search)... I was offered a second grade position in the building I've worked in for the past 11 years. I am SUPER excited. This school has been my 'home' for a long time. Before I started working there, I spent 4 years volunteering in my daughter's classes starting when she was in kindergarten. I've worked there through four principals, three instructional coaches, and numerous other staff changes. I feel honored to be able to start my teaching career there as well. And, knowing me, I will stay there until I retire! LOL

Anyway, the school board has not yet met to make it official yet, so I'm not posting anything on Facebook (for those who I'm friends with) quite yet. I think they meet this week.
Old 06-13-2022, 04:05 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

That's awesome news!! Congratulations!
Old 06-13-2022, 05:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Great news! Congratulations on your new job!
Old 06-13-2022, 11:03 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm

Congratulations on your degree!

No matter what scrapbooking page you work on first, or whether it takes 3 days, 2 days, or 2 minutes, I hope you enjoy getting back into your creative process.
Old 06-14-2022, 05:24 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Congrats on the job, and at a place where you have such a history. Fantastic!
Old 06-14-2022, 08:30 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Congrats!!!!
Old 06-14-2022, 07:42 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Hi Sherri, nice to see you back. Super huge congratulations to you!!! Keeping my fingers crossed that you'll get your position. It sounds perfect!!!