Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 09-20-2021, 04:41 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Shiny New Dell XPS

In July I put an order in for a Dell 17" XPS laptop. I ended up cancelling it because they couldn't give me an ETA based on the chip issues.

A few weeks ago I decided I'd try again, and as long as it arrived before the end of the year, I would be satisfied - (we will begin traveling right after the new year). I assumed the chip situation was the same, but low and behold, it was delivered today! The chip situation must have gotten better - lol.

I'm going to attempt to scrapbook on it this evening ... scrapbooking was one reason I opted for the 17" ... I'm excited to use it ... she sure if pretty!

Curious if you use a laptop versus desktop and what your thoughts are. (I'm sure this has been discussed a dozen times in the past!)
Old 09-20-2021, 04:54 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Congratulations!!

My son had just purchased a gaming desktop the year before but he wanted the newer faster one so I bought his. I have 2 monitors which I just love, I sometimes miss the portability of a laptop but really enjoy the bigger screens.
Old 09-20-2021, 07:23 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I mainly use my desktop to scrap, although I do have a laptop that I can use but then have to drag my external to it and I'm not sure it's worth the hassle and I get frustrated with the smaller screen. My desktop has 24" dual monitors that are pretty seamless where they meet, so I just line everything up - PS, Bridge, and whatever I'm streaming.

Old 09-20-2021, 07:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I used to use a 17" laptop (I had it for work), but when it died, I ended up getting a super fast desktop with a great graphics card. I have 2 monitors and love the real estate for scrapping!
Old 09-20-2021, 08:19 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Congrats on the new computer!

I just got a new 16" MacBook Pro in August (I was trying to hold out until the newest model came out by my old computer wasn't going to make it that long). I don't typically scrap with multiple monitors, but I have a full 3 monitor set up with keyboard, etc (for work) I could use if I wanted to use it "desktop style".
Old 09-20-2021, 09:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

So fun getting a new computer. I have a laptop. I like the portability. It is usually in the office but I love being able to move it to scrap while watching a movie with the family or take it with me when traveling
Old 09-20-2021, 09:27 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Ooooh that's exciting!!! Enjoy it!

Old 09-20-2021, 09:54 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Congrats on the new computer! That's nice that it shipped so quickly this time. I have a 17" laptop, and I don't think I'd ever be able to give up the portability. For scrapping it's nice to be able to bring my computer on vacation, but I really need the laptop for school and work. I have a gaming computer (Dell G3 17), and it's more than capable of everything I want to do with it. It runs PS very well. After years and years of scrapping on only my laptop screen, I finally bought a 27" monitor this summer. I love it! It's the best of both worlds for me.

Last edited by rach3975; 09-20-2021 at 09:58 PM.
Old 09-20-2021, 10:10 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I scrap on a desktop with dual monitor setup. Used to also use a laptop at retreats but these days because of vision issues, that just doesn't work for me. Also, my laptop is older and not as fast so as PSP adds more things, the laptop gets slower.
Old 09-22-2021, 03:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I use a Dell Alienware gaming laptop for my scrapping with a 17" screen. It's really heavy, but it does everything I need it to. I like to scrap on the couch while we watch tv in the evenings. I have a large monitor I can plug into in the office if I want to use dual monitors. After sitting at a desk all day at work, I usually prefer the couch in the evenings.

Old 09-22-2021, 03:45 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have a custom built desktop with 2 - 27" monitors. I have a smaller laptop that I've used a few times to scrap on when I'm upstairs on the couch with hubby...but I don't like the small screen.

Old 09-22-2021, 03:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Do you name your possessions? Like my sister names all her cars she's had and computers. I think you should snap a pic and scrap it!

Old 09-22-2021, 06:33 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Awesome! I love a big screen. My husband hates my laptop because it's so heavy, but it's worth it to me to be able to see everything clearly.

I like to lay on the couch and scrapbook too much to commit to one space. I work at the kitchen table, at the desk in my bedroom, on the bed, etc, so it's a laptop all the way for me.
Old 09-22-2021, 06:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Congrats on the new hardware!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaye View Post
Congratulations!!

My son had just purchased a gaming desktop the year before but he wanted the newer faster one so I bought his. I have 2 monitors which I just love, I sometimes miss the portability of a laptop but really enjoy the bigger screens.
What kind did he get. My daughter has been wanting a gaming desktop forever.
Old 09-22-2021, 07:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have an older HP desktop computer and a newer, pretty big monitor which I love. I tried working on a laptop but just couldn't get used to it.

Old 09-22-2021, 08:39 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I have a 17" laptop too and it's basically a desktop because it's so big and heavy haha. I do carry it to school twice a week but the thing is massive!

Old 09-23-2021, 07:26 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I scrap on my old desktop with a 21 in monitor and my new 17 inch laptop. I have always done the 17 in laptop cause I want it as big as possible! LOL I use the laptop to scrap on the couch and when we travel. It won't fit in the "laptop pocket" of my backpack so I'm not sure yet if I will be flying with it.

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 09-23-2021, 01:43 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaye View Post
Congratulations!!

You know for some reason I never ever thought to use two screens for scrapbooking. I have two for work (working from home) - not sure why I never considered getting another one for scrapping though!
Old 09-23-2021, 01:44 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_jo View Post
I mainly use my desktop to scrap, although I do have a laptop that I can use but then have to drag my external to it and I'm not sure it's worth the hassle and I get frustrated with the smaller screen. My desktop has 24" dual monitors that are pretty seamless where they meet, so I just line everything up - PS, Bridge, and whatever I'm streaming.
Nice 2 24" monitors side by side would be amazing!
Old 09-23-2021, 01:50 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherB View Post
I used to use a 17" laptop (I had it for work), but when it died, I ended up getting a super fast desktop with a great graphics card. I have 2 monitors and love the real estate for scrapping!
Nice!!
My desktop is super fast - hoping I don't notice a huge change with the laptop!