Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2011, 12:45 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Our Day out with Thomas...

Just wanted to share yesterday we went to see Thomas the Train...
I about fell over when I saw Mr Mason's face of disappointment he truly wanted to get on Thomas where the conductor was at.
I knew it wouldn't be possible with out starting a riot of others wanting to do it to so I had to talk him out of it by telling him Thomas was so tired of pulling the other cars and he needed to rest, LOL He bought it but then asked me how come Thomas didn't talk to him, omgawshhh he was killin me. I was seriously laugin' my butt off on the inside.
I distracted him by saying don't you want to get on the rides, he's to tired to do anything right now....
Let me just say that even for an 8yr old who said to me when we got there, this is for lil kids not for me. Before we left he said to me mom, dad Thank you for bringing me. I had a really good time awwww big hug afterward and no other words were said!

Old 05-23-2011, 12:54 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

We did this with my 5 year old who has loved Thomas for so so long. I think he has 4 or 5 train tracks. This year though he told me that he wanted to give ALL his thomas away to children who don't have any. He is now into Legos.

But we did have a great time when we went.

Stephanie
Old 05-23-2011, 01:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I want to do this with my 6 year old...I'm glad your 8 yo liked it so there's hope for me...Can I just say your little guy is such a big boy now...
Old 05-23-2011, 01:22 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Steph that is too sweet! We'll see when Mr Mason's love passes

Rachelle, I know it's kinda sad :< I think I did this at a great age I heard lil one's screaming like 1-2 yr old and having fits. I think they were tired

Last edited by marnel; 05-23-2011 at 01:25 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

great pictures! so fun!!

Old 05-23-2011, 02:09 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I want to do this sooo badly!! Yes - me! LOL! My son loves trains... but there is something about Thomas that bugs him... he likes playing with Thomas trains... he has a bunch, but DO NOT put on a Thomas DVD on... he will go running and you will find him crying in a fetal position on our bed! I asked him (he is 4) if he wants to go see Thomas and he says, "No, thank you!" *sigh* I hope that once there he will be excited to just see the trains... I still have convince my hubby to go...

For those that have gone - did you have less crowds going during the week than the weekend?
Old 05-23-2011, 02:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

How old is Mr Mason? That looks like so much fun! We were thinking about doing this with our little man who will be 3 in July (and Thomas would be a few hours from us in Sept) - he's a Thomas fanatic! Is it worth a drive, would you say?

siggy by the incredibly amazing Jacinda
Old 05-23-2011, 02:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
I want to do this sooo badly!! Yes - me! LOL! My son loves trains... but there is something about Thomas that bugs him... he likes playing with Thomas trains... he has a bunch, but DO NOT put on a Thomas DVD on... he will go running and you will find him crying in a fetal position on our bed! I asked him (he is 4) if he wants to go see Thomas and he says, "No, thank you!" *sigh* I hope that once there he will be excited to just see the trains... I still have convince my hubby to go...

For those that have gone - did you have less crowds going during the week than the weekend?
Would he like just a regular train museum? Apparently they have a pretty nice one up in Duluth (which is probably quite a hike for you, but totally worth a vacation if you ask me!). We were thinking about taking Ben there as well - both Duluth and the Day Out with Thomas are several hours from us.

siggy by the incredibly amazing Jacinda
Old 05-23-2011, 02:20 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to yari

Oh yay!!! We went about a month ago and my Josh (3 years old) loved it. You guys look like you really enjoyed it!

Old 05-23-2011, 02:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

That sounds like so much fun! We just found out that Thomas will be near here in July, so we were thinking of going.

DS LOVES choo choos. He inherited a TON of Thomas trains and tracks from some friends of ours, and even though we've only given him a couple he just loves them to death. When we were choosing out his underwear, he chose the "choo choo" underwear, and he loves them. Also, when we are out shopping he'll point at Thomas and say "choo choo". We were thinking that a trip to see Thomas would be fun, even though he hasn't seen the show. They will be nearby in July, which is a month before he turns 2. Do you ladies think he would love it? Or should we wait until he's more familiar with the fact that they are more than just choo choos? We were just trying to plan on some fun "staycation" activities for the summer since we'll have a newborn and thought Thomas would be perfect, but maybe he's still too young.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:02 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfitinmn View Post
Would he like just a regular train museum? Apparently they have a pretty nice one up in Duluth (which is probably quite a hike for you, but totally worth a vacation if you ask me!). We were thinking about taking Ben there as well - both Duluth and the Day Out with Thomas are several hours from us.
We have a train museum in Green Bay... we went to ride the "pumpkin train" last fall... he loves that he was able to take a ride in a train... but that was before he started to really like trains. I would love to get up to Duluth/Superior area - I hmm... I wonder how long it would take to get up there... probably about 5 hours?
Old 05-23-2011, 03:52 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Awesome pictures!!! Thomas comes to our area in August! This will be our third year going!!!! I still love it! LOL
Old 05-23-2011, 08:10 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Sara, Mason is 3 n-half and he loved it, they had free rides, clowns, face painting, story telling, & magic show. Food was for sale and it was at a train museum we could see other one's on the side and stuff.
We got to ride a train to and from and some families went but didn't ride TTT they just hung out.
The kids and DH really liked it and we want to go again next year