Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2009, 03:19 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default S/O 'Once When I Was Pregnant, I...'

Amy reminded me of this in Nikki's weird food quirks thread. As you might imagine, I find these threads fascinating these days.

Please complete the sentence, 'Once when I was pregnant, I...' Bonus points if your story is absolutely hysterical or nauseatingly disgusting. Two points if it's BOTH. I want to hear abt it!!

[If you are so inclined, you can read the 13+ page thread like this over at 2Peas. I laughed so hard I almost hurt myself.]

ETA: I'll take weird food, crying fits, dumb arguments with your DH, incontinence/vomit stories, illogical fears and beliefs... anything ya got.

TIA, ladies!

Last edited by LeeAndra; 02-26-2009 at 03:56 PM.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:45 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

I have none to share, obviously, but I am DYING at the 2peas thread! LOL!
Old 02-26-2009, 03:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Do you want just food...because I did something that was soooooooooooo embarassing....and funny.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:55 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'll take weird food, crying fits, dumb arguments with your DH, incontinence/vomit stories, illogical fears and beliefs... anything ya got.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Okay, here is my story.

So I'm pregnant. And not just slightly pregnant, like super giant huge 7 months + pregnant. I'm getting ready for work, and I guess I got distracted, and somehow ended up on the computer myspacing.

There is a knock at the door.

It's a little old man, from the town we live in and he is handing out flyers about the pipe change and blah blah.

I thought he was a strange man. Wouldn't look me in the eye. Seemed sort of nervous.

I finish myspacing and realize, I need to finish getting ready for work.

I go in the bathroom and look in the mirror.

I am only wearing a bra and underwear. Very nice. Applause please. And lemme tell ya...I didn't have one of those cute little still skinny with a bump, preggo bodies. Oh no. I ate, a lot. And it was 4 billion degrees, and I retained a lot of water.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to AnnieBananie

Once when I was pregnant, I was so famished, I ate 3 Big Macs... then, when the inevitable happened and I puked them all up... I was craving Big Macs again so I went and had 1 and a half more.

Old 02-26-2009, 04:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh and with DS, I bent down to get something and peed... everywhere.

Luckily I was at home and not out in public.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:13 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

'Once when I was pregnant, I...sharted.'

no really...i don't remember this kind of stuff. bummer huh?
Old 02-26-2009, 04:15 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!

amy!!! i am rolling!!!!!! i would've paid to be there...paid.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyfizzy View Post
OH MY GOSH!!!!!!

amy!!! i am rolling!!!!!! i would've paid to be there...paid.
you would have paid me to put some clothes on. it wasnt cute AT ALL
Old 02-26-2009, 04:20 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

LMAO
With my DS (and my first) I was about 8.5 months pregnant and got stranded in the big garden tub that we had. I couldn't get up, so I had to keep refilling it with warm water until my exhubby came home from work about 4 HOURS later. He laughed at me for years over that one.

I craved Subway turkey subs on wheat with lettuce and pickles and mustard with him. That was all I could stand to eat without puking. We would order trays of it to save on the trips to the nearest Subway which was about 15 miles away.

With my 3 year old I craved toasted pimento cheese sandwiches all the time, grossed everyone around me out LOL.

www.byrdsblessings.com
Old 02-26-2009, 04:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Voodoo_Bryn

**dying over here**
never heard the word shart before, that is HIL-AIR-IOUS
(I wish it were true)

Okay... so I was a major CLUTZ when I was preggo with Yorick. I was about 7 months pregnant and we went to Vegas to meet Josh's grandfather for the first time at Thanksgiving, so the whole huge family was there. We walked in the door, and of course I had to pee really bad, I didn't see the step down into the living room and everyone was SO excited to meet the new girl, and preggo to boot. So everyone turned around to look at who Josh had brought home... he says, "Everyone! I'd like you to meet..." he places his hand on the small of my back (we were walking in) and I missed the step so it looked like he shoved me down that stair, I grab the coat tree on my way down to catch my fall, so it flew with me and tossed everyone's coats onto the heavily food laden Thanksgiving buffet table, I landed on all fours and promptly peed everywhere.

I couldn't make this up.

Josh about died, and I started laughing so hard I farted and then laughed so hard about that... I dissolved into the preggo laugh/cry thing, where you can't even breathe and just bizarre alien noises come out of your throat.

I have NEVER been back since.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:32 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

Omgggggggggggg Bryn I am DYING! LOL!
Old 02-26-2009, 04:34 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyfizzy View Post
'Once when I was pregnant, I...sharted.'

no really...i don't remember this kind of stuff. bummer huh?
This did happen to me...only I guess it wasn't a true shart....it was more like I just rolled over in bed and crapped myself!!! In my defense I had just been in the hospital for dehydration (from puking my guts up for 6 weeks) and had had about 6 bags of saline pumped into me!!!

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 02-26-2009, 04:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

let's see .... with child #1 I went to the hospital thinking they were going to send me home because I thought for sure it was false labor. I ate a Whopper w/ cheese. They kept me and I ended up in full blown labor not that long afterwards. At one point I was hurting and in the middle of a contraction I turned to my Ex-DH and threw up that whopper ALL over him. Good Times!

with Child #2 there was a lot more ....

I didn't step right going down the stairs on my porch and I broke my foot. Ended up with a big purple cast & on crutches. I had HORRIBLE morning sickness, I was put in the hospital TWICE because of it. At one point I was at home, cast on one foot, IV in my hand, still on crutches, STILL throwing up. I asked my Ex-DH to get me something to drink and he said "Only one foot is broken, get up & get it yourself" yeah - he was a nice guy
Old 02-26-2009, 04:37 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by amystoffel View Post
you would have paid me to put some clothes on. it wasnt cute AT ALL
i would've passed out from laughing so hard. poor poor little man.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:37 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

I was just basically stupid with both kids. Pregnancy made me stupid. It was not good. LOL
Old 02-26-2009, 04:40 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo_Bryn View Post
**dying over here**
never heard the word shart before, that is HIL-AIR-IOUS
(I wish it were true)

Okay... so I was a major CLUTZ when I was preggo with Yorick. I was about 7 months pregnant and we went to Vegas to meet Josh's grandfather for the first time at Thanksgiving, so the whole huge family was there. We walked in the door, and of course I had to pee really bad, I didn't see the step down into the living room and everyone was SO excited to meet the new girl, and preggo to boot. So everyone turned around to look at who Josh had brought home... he says, "Everyone! I'd like you to meet..." he places his hand on the small of my back (we were walking in) and I missed the step so it looked like he shoved me down that stair, I grab the coat tree on my way down to catch my fall, so it flew with me and tossed everyone's coats onto the heavily food laden Thanksgiving buffet table, I landed on all fours and promptly peed everywhere.

I couldn't make this up.

Josh about died, and I started laughing so hard I farted and then laughed so hard about that... I dissolved into the preggo laugh/cry thing, where you can't even breathe and just bizarre alien noises come out of your throat.

I have NEVER been back since.
OH MY GOSH!!!!!! I AM CRYING OVER HERE...like laughing so hard, i can't breathe or see the computer screen. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!

it hurts to laugh this hard.

and yes. shart: trying to pass gas only to find you have a little turtle head that wants out. shart. s.h.a.r.t.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to iJenny

O.M.G. Bryn, I seriously peed a little from laughing at your story. That is priceless!!!!!

I was/am a total klutz too. I missed a step outside when I was pregnant with Cam and broke my foot. I went to the doc who gave me crutches, took one look at me falling all over myself trying to use them, and gave me a walking cast. He said, "you're gonna break your other foot on those crutches". lol

creating for
* 9th & Bloom * Jennifer Barrette Designs * Polly & Rufus Designs *

Old 02-26-2009, 04:44 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

DH and I enrolled in childbirth classes and it was near the end of my first pregnancy so I was HUGE. We were doing the "quiet meditation" thingy where you have to sit on the floor and do the breathing and stuff...It was soo quiet in this room full of about 20 couples and DH, who thought it was all stupid anyway, said something funny in my ear and I snorted...like not a cute little snort...like a huge, swollen nose, airway blocked at the end of pregnancy, sounding like a man snort and then I got tickled b/c I was so embarrassed that I couldn't stop laughing and DH was laughing which made it worse...and before I knew it I'd peed all over myself AND HIM!! lol

Yeah..we didn't go back after that lol

Old 02-26-2009, 04:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummytothree View Post
This did happen to me...only I guess it wasn't a true shart....it was more like I just rolled over in bed and crapped myself!!! In my defense I had just been in the hospital for dehydration (from puking my guts up for 6 weeks) and had had about 6 bags of saline pumped into me!!!
LOL I did this right after I had DS... whilst on their stool softeners and whatnot. Not pretty. Thank GOD DH was at work when it happened.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh and LMAO @ Bryn and Nikki's stories!
Old 02-26-2009, 04:47 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

When I was almost 9 months pregnant with DS, hubby and I were grocery shopping. I sneezed, and then felt a large "gush" of liquid in my undies. I told my hubby "I think my water just broke" and I went to the ladies room to investigate...

Turns out had I just peed my pants. In the grocery store. We ended up picking up a package of Poise pads that trip.

Old 02-26-2009, 05:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to pewtertm

OK, I'm laughing so hard that I'm crying and Rachel now wants to know what's wrong with her MaMa LOL.

Um...embarrassing PG story...I got a UTI when I was about 8 mos pregnant with Rachel...dr gave me antibiotics. Which of course caused an infection of a different sort, kwim? I was in the bathroom a good 15 minutes trying to use the Monistat (or whatever it was)...and I could NOT reach around my belly to do what I needed to do. DH comes in, do you need help? NO...I'm mortified...but 5 minutes later have to swallow my pride, lay on the bed, and let him put the meds in. He was very gracious about it, but it's definitely something I'll never forget.

Also had an incident with the rotoooter lady (ie nurse) who kept wiggling the needle in my arm looking for a vein...seriously, she wiggled around for a good 90 seconds...I passed out TWICE. Ended up in observation, then sent home...DH stopped at the Burger King drive-thru to get me an Icee and him some dinner...but I was NAUSEOUS. I ended up hanging my head out the car door and barfing all the way around the drive-thru lane. If I'd been the ppl behind us, I'd have lost my appetite.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Once when I was pregnant with twin boys I made my DH go to 5 different grocery stores to find me the Nacho cheese Bugles that I was craving. We bought 2 bags of them and I only ate maybe 1/4 of one bag and that was it. Funny how cravings come and go just like that.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:25 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via ICQ to Lukasmummy Send a message via MSN to Lukasmummy Send a message via Yahoo to Lukasmummy

I will have to ask Mark and get back to you my pregnancies were all pretty much a blur of hospital appointments and being sick lol but I am a major klutz so there's bound to be some embarassing stuff I just don't remember lol.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

With Evie I was craving pumpkin pie in the middle of summer. We're talking July. I sent him all around town looking for one. Seriously. A frozen pie would not due. Fresh. He finally found one at a little tiny bakery/corner store. Mind you, we've been off and on the phone telling me the different pies they had... He comes home, happy as can be, pie in hand. Sets it down in front of me.

I calmly say - where's the cool whip?

Out he goes again. In search of cool whip.

Patient, patient man.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sczos911 View Post
With Evie I was craving pumpkin pie in the middle of summer. We're talking July. I sent him all around town looking for one. Seriously. A frozen pie would not due. Fresh. He finally found one at a little tiny bakery/corner store. Mind you, we've been off and on the phone telling me the different pies they had... He comes home, happy as can be, pie in hand. Sets it down in front of me.

I calmly say - where's the cool whip?

Out he goes again. In search of cool whip.

Patient, patient man.
Awww

My husband adamantly refused to ever go searching for the stuff I craved... so I ended up hauling my big ass around town on my own at 3am
Old 02-26-2009, 05:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This is a birth story, but funny to me –
Again. With Evie. I was HUGE. All tummy – I could wear my normal jeans all pregnancy. Evie was a huge baby – estimated 9 pounds 3 oz, born 9 pounds 6 oz. I’m in the hospital, my water breaks – or so I thought – just a tiny bit and birth is progressing. I’m starting to get uncomfortable. I’m at a 5/6 and decide, I should get my epi before it’s too late. Epidural doc is called. He finally shows up as I am progressing & the contractions are getting worse. He sends my DH out of the room – I started crying. With Jillian, he stayed and held my hands steady. I’m starting to freak out a bit, my nurse, Tiff, says, “I’ll stay with you and hold your hands.” I settle down and accept all the while the epi doc is getting more and more annoyed with me (he’s and arse). So he instructs me to swing my legs of the side of the bed and be very.very.still. Alright. I start to swing my legs over the bed, Tiff is helping me, I suddenly have THE STRONGEST CONTRATION and my water proceedes to REALLY break. Imagine a pilates ball filled with water and dropped on the ground – yeah. The water rushes out, splashes the floor, starts towards the door….puddles under the bed…..hits the epi docs shoes, drenches Tiff from the waist down…my bed is completely soaked…my gown is drenched. Tiff and I are frozen in silence. The epi doc is annoyed and asks me to swing my legs over & sit up straight. I do. Then I start laughing. And contracting and the water is STILL COMING OUT. I’m laughing so hard I am crying. The epi doc is telling me to hold still. Tiff is laughing. Nurses are opening the door wondering where the flood is. We are laughing hysterically. The epi doctor is annoyed. I finally settle down, still contracting, still leaking water. He gets it in. He leaves. Tiff manuvers me around to change my sheets and my gown and clean up the floor. She leaves to change and Andy comes back. When Tiff comes back, her & I are retelling the story and just laughing so hard we are crying.

Evie is born not more than 2 hours later.

And guess what.

The epidural FAILED. I felt EVERYTHING. He was called back to give me more, but it was too late & he came as Evie was coming. I yelled at him profusely and used every profanity I could come up with. He slowly backed out of the room. We never got billed for my epidural – “insurance” covered it all.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:12 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

LMAO!!! These are hilarious!

I had the weirdest things happen to me when I was pregnant with Karsten. I was terrified of crowds with both kids so I couldn't go to the grocery store by myself or anything.

One time I had a man offer to be my baby's daddy (I had no wedding ring at the time). I was walking through a parking lot and he just comes up to me and asks if I need a father for the baby...er. no. thanks.

I STILL laugh so hard I'll start sobbing. That started when I was pregnant..LOL.

I er..pushed stuff out the wrong hole when I was in labor..LMAO..that was awful.

And the BEST story, I punched my nurse. In the face. While she was delivering my baby. Yup. I was hysterical cuz i had no epidural and was in pain. She got in my face screaming at me to calm down cuz Karsten was in distress but she was REALLY rude about it and it was all I could take so I just socked her. She left the room and never came back. *snort* I'm still happy I did that. Mean me.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Man, I have no fun/embarassing stories.... that I can remember. These are all hilarious though!!

-It's pronounced Meeeegan... get it RIGHT!
Old 02-26-2009, 06:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to pewtertm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traci Reed View Post
LMAO!!! These are hilarious!
I er..pushed stuff out the wrong hole when I was in labor..LMAO..that was awful.
That's pretty common...I've heard enough L&D nurse stories...they say have an ENEMA before...wish I had...took me days before I could go to the bathroom again after having R...my system was that messed up.

Rachel, on the other hand, didn't have a problem...as soon as she came out of the birth canal, she sprayed that new baby poo all over the doctor. I was laying there relieved that it was all over (43 hrs in labor), so I missed it, but DH got a good view of the splat LOL.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

OMGoodness, these are SO funny!!! I didn't do anything worth remembering... I don't know its thats a good or sad thing, lol!

Bryn, your story had me laughing so hard, DH had to come see what was up, so I read it to him and could barely read the last of it I was laughing so much. DH had a good laugh too, haha!

Huge fan of:

Old 02-26-2009, 08:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

The worst part of that story...

I swear I can close my eyes... and see it in perfect slo-mo... I can even tell you what I was wearing... it was that memorable for me.

And there was no hiding the fart, it was just a huge ass explosion.

*Shakes head*... thankfully the only thing anybody ever really talks about at that Thanksgiving was the boyfriend Josh's cousin brought for the first time. He was this huge fat guy and he wouldn't eat any of our weird food... regular thanksgiving food... so he looked through Josh's step-grandma's fridge and found 3 1-lb blocks of cheese... so we had thanksgiving dinner... and this moron ate 3 lbs of cheese.

I'm sure they talk about my incident when I'm not around, lol
Old 02-26-2009, 08:50 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Here's my post pregnancy, totally disgusting, TMI contribution to this thread...

First of all, both of my pregnancies were 9 months of puking (well...8 with Landon 'cause he came at 4 weeks early). I was in the hospital dozens of times. I have all kinds of puking stories...stories of freaking out the girls at church with my central line IV thingy "showing" when my shirt moved too much, the way the phenergan made me feel like I had to pee but nothing would come out and I'd still cart the IV machine to the bathroom every 5 minutes just 'cause I couldn't stand it...so many stories.

But...right after Avery was born...she was an emergency c-section after many hours of pushing (my pelvis is too small it turns out...wish I could say the same for my butt). I spiked a fever and had an allergic reaction to Lortab afterwards, so we were in the hospital a couple of extra days. When I finally got home, I still hadn't had a BM. I was terrified of busting my stitches, so I think it was psychological. Anyways, a few more days passed, and I still hadn't done my business...and it was getting painful. I had Michael pick up an enema for me, but that didn't do the job either.

Here's the really fun part. I got desperate and turned to my mom. She was a nurse who was currently a level III NICU nurse, but she had experience with all kinds of nursing responsibilities. I told her my problem and asked her...get this...to help solve my problem by reaching into my rectum and pulling it out. Isn't that the grossest thing you ever heard? Even though it was my mom, I was still mortified. It worked though!

Needless to say that I asked for stool softening pills the minute Landon was delivered. I was NOT going to repeat that business.

My less interesting story is that during one of my "exams" waiting for my c-section with Landon, a group of docs walked in to review my case, etc. I couldn't really see anything with my knees up in the air, but I heard my mom say, "Hi, Paul!" One of the docs was a friend from my teen years. And he got to see me in all my glory. Yay!
Old 02-26-2009, 09:09 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

OK, so...funny story...mostly embarassing, though. When I was almost full-term with Mason, DH and I were trying EVERYTHING to get that baby out of me. Well, umm...we were doing the deed, and I had the big O, and it was umm...wet. It was the first time that had ever happened, lol...and I was sure that my water had broken.

So I had to call the hospital and tell them what happened...and then I had to go in to labor & delivery and have myself tested to see if it was indeed my water. It wasn't...but I had to tell the story like 10 times at the hospital...and DH had called his parents to tell them that I was going in...ugh...horrible!!
Old 02-26-2009, 09:28 PM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

Loving these stories! LOL

When I was pregnant with Logan, I got very nauseous when I would smell gasoline. So going to fill up the car was always a treat. I'd normally force Tom to go do it, but sometimes I'd forget until it was time to leave for work. In Oregon we can't pump our own gas, so an attendant HAS to do it. Normally it's just one guy manning the pumps and at time you can have quite the wait. So, I drive up and tell the guy that he will have to be fast with me or I'm going to get sick. He just rolls his eyes, starts the pump, and walks over to help another customer. I am sitting in the car with the windows up and trying to not smell the gasoline. I have my sweater or coat pressed to my face and everything. The nausea is just growing and I'm getting a little freaked. Hurry up guy!! The tank is full but the guy is just chatting with people. He needs to come over and take the hose out of the car. Nope... more chatting. Nausea... still building. Finally I can't take it, I fling open my door and it hits the guy and I puke right in front of him. Splatters his shoes and the bottom of the pump and everything. LOL He just stands there horrified and I snap at him to hurry or I'd do it again. Finally I get on my way, leaving that wonderful treat for all the other customers to enjoy. Ick!

But let me say, the next time I came to get gas, the guy was SO FAST! LOL
Old 02-26-2009, 09:28 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I do have one but it is so embarrassing...involves me being examined by a doctor who was like substituting for my regular doctor because my doctor was out on a delivery I think. My doctor was this elderly man who was kinda like grandfatherly looking who I had seen with my first two kids and I had came back for my last. I liked him alot and trusted him completely...but this new doctor on the other hand was soooooo cute. Blonde hair, blue-eyes...tan kinda like a living Ken doll. So he tells me he needs to do a breast exam and when he does I kinda flinch and bust out laughing because I suddenly was ticklish EVERYWHERE!!! I was not expecting that because it had never occurred with any other doctor in my whole life I think I must have turned like five shades of red and he could not help but laugh. I was of course mortified. Im not sure what he was thinking I just could not wait to leave that office and was so thankful that he was not my real doctor no matter how adorable he was LOL

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 02-26-2009, 09:36 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Jeez, these are cracking me up, some even out loud. I will have to ask my dh for some stories, he remembers the funny and embarressing stuff more.

One thing I do remember and he thinks is hilarious is I had been on bedrest for a couple of weeks and I went to the bathroom one night in the middle of the night. When I was getting back into the bed, I had one leg on the bed, my water broke all over the place and I immediately said, "Oh, s***. Oh, s***!" He thinks its so funny that swore right away. I am sure he will be able to come up with more.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Stacey42 Send a message via Yahoo to Stacey42

I'm not sure this is so much funny as just weird & surreal...

Background, with both my pregnancies I had large ovarian cysts which burst & caused me a great deal of pain at around 7-9 weeks. The assumption on both occasions was I had a tubal pregnancy until the u/s showed them the truth.

So with the first pregnancy when the knifing agony of the cyst bursting hit me we dashed off to the ER freaking the heck out. They whisk me back to a room & announce they will do a vaginal u/s to check things out. They hand me what looks like a cross between one of those hand held blenders and a dildo, with what is apparently an extra large condom on it, and explain that because of pressure etc etc I need to insert & guide the thing as they direct. They help with the initial positioning and then kill the lights so they can see the machine readings. So, it's me, DH, a couple of doctors, a couple nurses, a u/s tech and some people I don't why they are there in a dark room with me moving around a giant dildo at their direction. Its like some medical porn movie or something. I look over at DH and he has this weird look on his face & in the dim light I don't know what it is but I know he's worried about me & the baby and I'm worried about me & the baby but the whole situation is so strange I really want to say something about low budget medical porn movies but everyone seems so worried & I think maybe I'm getting hysterical or something so I say nothing. A cyst is diagnosed, vaginal u/s machine is packed up and I'm sent home. In the car I tell DH was I was thinking and says "I was thinking the same thing but I didn't want to say anything because you looked so freaked out & worried."

15 months later we're back in a different ER, with the same situation and again the medical people are convinced its a tubal pregnancy. Out comes the vaginal u/s and the whole proceedure is repeated. Only this time I look at DH and know what he is thinking and we both burst out laughing and then feel really guilty because this could be a really serious thing but then we start laughing again when the doc tells me to move it a little to the right and we can't stop laughing.

Very very weird proceedure. 2 different hospital ERs, different sets of doctors,different tiems of day, exact same process. I don't know if that is normal or I just got lucky twice.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I thought of one... it was really hilarious at the time, and I still laugh about it now, over a year later!

My water broke just after midnight when I was sitting crosslegged on my bed while DH brushed his teeth. I felt this little "whoosh" and my first thought was "But I already went pee!!", haha! Since the delivering hospital was over an hour away, and we'd already been in that day (and sent home, blah!), we decided to go to the hospital here in town to get checked to make SURE that my water had broken. So I'm sitting there on a bed, and I start giggling (I always do when I'm nervous). Well when I'd laugh, the water would gush... which felt really weird, like I was peeing my pants without being able to stop. It was such a strange feeling, and hte puddle around me was getting bigger, and the more I'd laugh. It was like hahaha (gushgushgush)... I found it hysterical and could NOT stop laughing!!! Then Dh and the nurses started laughing and that made it worse... the doctor finally came in, the table was drenched, I was almost in tears I was laughing so hard, and everyone had these big dorky grins on their faces. I think he thought we were all crazy!!

Huge fan of:

Old 02-26-2009, 10:23 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to amysum1

OMG, I am dying laughing over here! I peed myself when I was preggers too. A couple times actually. But the best was when I was in labor and it came time to push. I pushed one time and um... pooted (tooted, farted, whatever you want to call it) and said, oh my gosh, sorry, sorry, I am so sorry, excuse me. I was bright red and so embarrassed because my dr.'s face was like right there, ya know? So, I couldn't get myself to push again because I didn't want to fart so my dr was yelling at me to just push and I would push a little but had my butt cheeks squeezed together. very ineffective for getting a baby out, let me tell you. So then he would yell at me and I would push a little and toot and then aplogize for 10 minutes, and then the same thing all over again. This went on for quite a while till my dr. finally said, "listen, just reach down and feel here" and I felt her head, so then I was like, oh who cares about farting, give me my baby and I pushed her out like woosh! I later asked my husband if I pooped at all and he said "well, a little." Humph! That was my biggest fear while I was pregant. I didnt want to poop while pushing out my baby! LOL! Now, I am like, God, what a dork I was!

Last edited by amysum1; 02-26-2009 at 10:28 PM.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

OMG! Great stories ladies!!!!

I'm laughing, but also horrified that some of these things might happen to me in the next few months!!! Luckily I didn't have to worry much about some bladder issues while pregnant with my son- he was born so early (9 1/2 weeks early!) and was so tiny (under 2 pounds!) that I didn't have any of the, um, leakage issues.... well, until a day or 2 after my C-section....

It was the first night home, and I hated stretching out straight in bed (in the hospital I kept the head-part up because my incision hurt Soooo Bad and I didn't want to lay down straight... well, needless to say, I woke up in the morning, totally numb from the pain, and my son's dad saying, "WTF? Did you p*** in the bed?!" (nice of him, huh?!) I had to get up (in severe pain yet partially numb & barely able to walk) and take care of it, while he just rolled over and went back to sleep...

(And get this, he had the gall to announce it to pretty much my entire family a few months later!!!) I was just relieved to find out it was normal to have that happen! (What a jerk of him, though, huh?! )

So in a few months, I'll be having another C-section, only, this time I know what to expect!!! I'll be ready with supplies! Embarassing, but reality...

Creating for Melissa Bennett & Lliella Designs!!

Old 02-26-2009, 10:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

OMG!!! I laughed SOOOOO hard that I had to use my inhaler....
Old 02-26-2009, 10:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Mandy

I crapped on the delivery table. Twice. I don't mean, twice with one birth. I mean...two deliveries, I crapped on the table.
Once in front of DH.
He said I stunk up the delivery room. I didn't care. I just wanted it out.

The baby. Not the poo.
So be warned. Don't eat a heavy meal hours before having a kid. You'll be delivering a turd before a baby.

Old 02-26-2009, 10:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

The poo smell is nothing...
when I was pushing out Yorick, when it was all over and everyone was gone, DH was like, "Wow... nobody told me the whole room would smell like vagina."

He was gobsmacked.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:02 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
when I was pushing out Yorick, when it was all over and everyone was gone, DH was like, "Wow... nobody told me the whole room would smell like vagina."

He was gobsmacked.
Hahahahhaha...OMG, hahahahahaha.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:03 PM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

lol thank you dear bryn.. for making me laugh uncontrollably twice in this thread.. lmao
Old 02-26-2009, 11:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Mandy

Quote:

He was gobsmacked.
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BWAHAHAHA OMG!!!!! *dying here*

Old 02-26-2009, 11:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Well, mine's not too bad, but . . .

The first time my DH and I went to Canada we took a very romantic trip to a luxurious Inn there that is rated one of the best hotels in Canada and the restaurant one of the top in North America. BUT, when we went, the restaurant was closed for the week, so we missed out on all the food that all the magazines rave about.

So, we planned to go back a few years later, and this time we took his parents along to share our spectacular gourmet meal. Only, this time I was also pregnant. So, while the rest of the family revelled in the gloriously spectacular gourmet meal, I spent the evening kneeling on the floor of the very elegant ladies room praying to the porcelain god.

Someday, I really want to EAT at that d*mn restaurant.