Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-04-2008, 12:44 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Something to make you go Hmmmm.....

Ok, so late last night I was working on my Grinch dust which was just sugar and green food coloring. Our sugar supply was REALLY low and I knew we needed what was left for our morning coffee. I was in my Jammies and didn't want to go back out. So, I decided to substitute in a box of Splenda that we had taking up space in my pantry. After all, Splenda claims that "It's made from sugar. It tastes like sugar. but it's not sugar"

So, I pour some Splenda in a bowl and proceed to add about 5 drops of green food coloring. And much to my amazement, the reaction could only be compared to putting drops of acid on styrofoam. the food coloring looked like it was eating it's way down through the pile of Splenda. And then I stirred it, trying to mix the color. The food coloring drops all made their way together and met to make one big ball of green food coloring. and the Splenda stayed white. no amount of mixing was going to get the Splenda to turn green LOL....

So, with that in mind... I couldn't help but think "people actually consume this stuff???" LOL

Oh, and I ended up driving to the store in my jammies and making my 15 year old run in for sugar LOL...