Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2012, 09:12 AM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm
Exclamation Need Your Help

So my son's school district has been hit hard by the cuts Michigan has made to education. We are a pretty tight knit community and you just get that good feeling a lot when you walk in the schools. Unfortunately funds are low and instead of laying off the great teachers we have, they have made cuts in other areas. It's to the point now where they are going to be forced to lay people off though, sadly.

Our Middle School is part of the Clorox grant competition for technology going on right now. I know the Middle School is suffering because the preschool is part of it due to the closing of one of the two elementary schools we had (only one now and running out of room there, too) and one of my sons is in the preschool. We recently received notice that due to a paper shortage, we will no longer be getting newsletters every week but once every two weeks. There are much worse circumstances, but suffice it to say that a $50,000 grant for technology would help our schools immensely.

If you can take a moment, please vote for our middle school here: https://powerabrightfuture.clorox.co...tail/?nid=1303 or Text 1303pbf to 95248. You can vote once per day. Thanks so much for everyone's help!
Old 12-14-2012, 10:28 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Wow, sorry to hear that! I used to live in Ann Arbor, I know they had great schools there. I voted!
Old 12-14-2012, 04:49 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Voted. Good luck!
Old 12-19-2012, 04:14 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

Thanks ladies! Today is the last day for voting and you can vote once per text per phone (I did DH's and mine lol) and once online. I'm doing one final push even though I didn't set this up, someone else in the school did lol. I'm hoping these last little pushes will push us over. If not, no biggie, I'll have to look for other opportunities to sign the school up for.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:09 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Voted! Sorry I just saw this.