Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2023, 02:17 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Kindness

Yesterday (the day before Thanksgiving in the US), I noticed we were low on sandwich bread, and knew I had to go to the grocery store. Ugh!

So, since I was there, I bought several other items I knew we would need over the next few days.

I was bagging my groceries as the cashier finished ringing up my order. I went back up to pay and found that my wallet was not in my purse. PANIC! I realized I had left it at home - I could picture where I had set it the night before.

The cashier told me to go ahead and finish bagging my groceries, and then I could go get my wallet and come back to pay at customer service. I finished bagging my groceries and told the cashier I was going to go drop my cart off when she told me that it was paid for. What?! The lady behind me paid for my groceries because I didn't have my wallet!! The total was $112. I was brought to tears. We live fairly close to the market, so it wasn't a big deal to drive back home, get my wallet and go back to the store. But this sweet lady saved me from having to do that!

I will definitely be paying that sweet, unexpected gesture forward!

Have you experienced a kindness lately? Have you given a kindness lately?
Old 11-23-2023, 02:51 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Aw, that's nice Tammy!

The young single adults at church are fundraising for camp by selling $20 BBQ dinners. I bought 2 for hubby and I, then anonymously paid for 5 more for my friend and her kids. She's a solo mum and struggling, but would never ask for help. I got the organiser to contact her and let her know a secret Santa had gifted 5 dinners for her family.
Old 11-23-2023, 03:06 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacinda View Post
Aw, that's nice Tammy!

The young single adults at church are fundraising for camp by selling $20 BBQ dinners. I bought 2 for hubby and I, then anonymously paid for 5 more for my friend and her kids. She's a solo mum and struggling, but would never ask for help. I got the organiser to contact her and let her know a secret Santa had gifted 5 dinners for her family.
That is so sweet, Jacinda! What a beautiful gift.
Old 11-24-2023, 11:10 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

That was so sweet of that woman, Tammy.

Random acts of kindness are the best thing ever and if I have a chance to do something like that, I will. Giving is my love language, so I get as much out of it as the other person. It just makes me feel warm inside to give to others.

Right now we are buying gifts and necessities for the family that we adopted this year, right down to things they need for their cat.

It is my favorite part of Christmas because as a family, we are blessed to have the things we need and plenty of the things we want, so without giving to others in need, Christmas would not have the same meaning for us.
Old 11-24-2023, 12:42 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSDesigns View Post
That was so sweet of that woman, Tammy.

Random acts of kindness are the best thing ever and if I have a chance to do something like that, I will. Giving is my love language, so I get as much out of it as the other person. It just makes me feel warm inside to give to others.

Right now we are buying gifts and necessities for the family that we adopted this year, right down to things they need for their cat.

It is my favorite part of Christmas because as a family, we are blessed to have the things we need and plenty of the things we want, so without giving to others in need, Christmas would not have the same meaning for us.
That family is truly blessed to have been adopted by your family!
Old 11-24-2023, 12:59 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

What a beautiful story
Old 11-24-2023, 07:54 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

That's so great! Such a warm feeling and then being able to pass that along- so good!

After my first patient on Tuesday this week, she gave me this little card. It was so nice and it meant a lot coming from her- I've seen her for a couple years and she will only let me do her cleanings. She originally had to take valium to come to the dentist and then always (and still) wants nitrous oxide just to clean her teeth. I've finally got her comfortable enough with just the nitrous and no more valium! She's a sweetheart, just a lot of trauma from a terrible childhood dentist. I just thought it was nice of her to go out of her way to give me this little card!
Old 11-24-2023, 08:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Wonderful story, Tammy! I did pay for the kid's stuff who was behind me in the grocery line. We were chatting when he noticed he didn't have his wallet because he rode his motorcycle and forgot to put it in his bike pants. It was no where near $112 though. Wow, what an awesome lady!
Old 11-24-2023, 08:33 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristalund View Post
What a beautiful story
It really made me smile (and cry. lol!). I can't wait to pass it on!
Old 11-24-2023, 08:35 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieN1 View Post
That's so great! Such a warm feeling and then being able to pass that along- so good!

After my first patient on Tuesday this week, she gave me this little card. It was so nice and it meant a lot coming from her- I've seen her for a couple years and she will only let me do her cleanings. She originally had to take valium to come to the dentist and then always (and still) wants nitrous oxide just to clean her teeth. I've finally got her comfortable enough with just the nitrous and no more valium! She's a sweetheart, just a lot of trauma from a terrible childhood dentist. I just thought it was nice of her to go out of her way to give me this little card!
That is so sweet! You've made a difference in her life. That is precious!
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

How sweet! What a nice gesture!
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnZant View Post
Wonderful story, Tammy! I did pay for the kid's stuff who was behind me in the grocery line. We were chatting when he noticed he didn't have his wallet because he rode his motorcycle and forgot to put it in his bike pants. It was no where near $112 though. Wow, what an awesome lady!
How kind of you, Lynn! I'm sure he really appreciated it.
Old 11-25-2023, 08:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love these stories!
Old 11-27-2023, 12:13 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

My preference in kindness gifts is to give to those truly in need. For instance, the people who have money for Starbucks daily, don't really need.

A couple years ago I was chatting with the 'meat' lady at a local grocery. I knew she was in financial trouble thanks to an ex not paying child support. As I went to check out I decided to buy some scratch off lottery tickets. Well I won an instant $100. I had customer service anonymously give this woman $50. For her to know who gave it, might have embarrassed her. When I got home I learned of someone else very much in need that holiday season and sent her $25. Well I figured I was still slightly ahead on my lottery investment and it felt good to help others who needed stuff more than I did!
Old 11-27-2023, 04:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

These are all wonderful stories of kindness!

Old 11-28-2023, 02:38 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraceyM View Post
My preference in kindness gifts is to give to those truly in need. For instance, the people who have money for Starbucks daily, don't really need.

A couple years ago I was chatting with the 'meat' lady at a local grocery. I knew she was in financial trouble thanks to an ex not paying child support. As I went to check out I decided to buy some scratch off lottery tickets. Well I won an instant $100. I had customer service anonymously give this woman $50. For her to know who gave it, might have embarrassed her. When I got home I learned of someone else very much in need that holiday season and sent her $25. Well I figured I was still slightly ahead on my lottery investment and it felt good to help others who needed stuff more than I did!
That's such a sweet story, Tracey!