Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2009, 10:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to suze
Default you know... I just have to say

I think you ladies have absolutely some of the cutest, sweetest, most adorable kiddos i've seen!!

maybe its because I'm getting baby momma fever I don't know.

post crazy baby pics all over the place... I'll look
Old 08-26-2009, 10:41 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

you never have to tell a momma to post pics of their totally-adorable-make-you wanna-have-your-own-kids!

Old 08-26-2009, 10:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmasmommy View Post
you never have to tell a momma to post pics of their totally-adorable-make-you wanna-have-your-own-kids!
I know you ladies just do it to me anyway... you know I'm trying, I do everything the textbooks say, what's your secrets??
Old 08-26-2009, 10:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Just enjoy it!
Old 08-26-2009, 10:56 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Yup! I gotta say...when we "tried," we never got anywhere. As soon as we said we were done, bam, along came Emma. Shoot, with Madelyn all I had to say was, "hey, wanna try for another baby?" lol

Old 08-26-2009, 10:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
Just enjoy it!
Check!

but no seriously, we aren't letting ourselves get down about it. We have been trying for over 2 years now. We are at the point we know it will happen when its suppose to!

Old 08-26-2009, 11:09 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

I have a trick. It worked twice... but I'd have to PM that. lmao
Old 08-26-2009, 11:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity View Post
I have a trick. It worked twice... but I'd have to PM that. lmao
oh now look... you know how I am about secrets... I expect a pm

bwahahaha!
Old 08-26-2009, 11:49 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

no secrets here but you can seriously have one of mine!

ages:

which age group would you like
Old 08-27-2009, 12:39 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nun69 View Post
no secrets here but you can seriously have one of mine!

ages:

which age group would you like
Well 16 just scares the crap outta me, 8 are good fun age old enough to know but not too much trouble. 2 and 3..... Ehh cute but ive heard talk of something called terrible 2 so

Im thinking 8! Hahaha
Old 08-27-2009, 12:49 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My DH is very fertile so we never had a problem, we joke that if you sit next to him you get pregnant! But I empathize with those who have trouble and want kids.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:30 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

we charted cos im impatient and wanted to get pregnant quick. worked first month. theres some good websites for helping to make charting easier! il definately be doing that next time as well. Good luck with ttc!
Old 08-27-2009, 07:45 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

3 of my 5 kids (including this bun in the oven) were conceived while I was sick.....like on my deathbed, fever above 102, put me out of my misery sick!!!

Make some huge plans that a baby will totaly put a kink in....that ususally works too!!!

Good Luck Susan....hope your knocked up soon!!!!

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 08-27-2009, 07:57 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

u can borrow my twins! <big evil grin>
nah, it's not THAT bad! LOL!
Old 08-27-2009, 08:22 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm going to tell you the thing that I HATED hearing during a total of 5 years primary and secondary infertility. Stop trying so hard. I know, I hated it when people would say that to me... b/c when you want so badly to be pregnant and you can't then you just want to smack someone when they say that to you...especially if the someone is able to get pregnant just by looking sideways at her hubby.

anyway, we started trying when I was 26 and I got pregnant right away but we lost that baby at almost 13 weeks. Then it was a year of trying before my doc would "look into it" then it was over 2 more years of every test in the book including exploratory surgery to check things out..3 failed clomid/IUI cycles before my doc threw up his hands and said..there's nothing wrong with you we don't know why you can't get pregnant. I think NOT finding anything wrong is harder than knowing what the problem is...b/c we just didn't have any answers...so after over 3 years of a total emotional and physical roller coaster where I literally lived my life 2 weeks at a time waiting to ovulate and then waiting to test, and it taking a very hard toll on our marriage..I sent DH off to work one morning and had a very long talk with God. I gave up on doctors and tests and procedures and told Him that if it was His will then I would be okay with it. That morning was the first time I felt at peace with the entire situation. The next day we started looking into adoption. A few weeks of us "not trying" went by and I realized I was late. Yep...that's when I got pregnant.

With number 2..DH had been deployed for a year and DS was 16 mos old when he got back...so we started trying right away b/c by then I was 31 and not getting younger. I tried not to get back into the frame of mind I had been with DS but it was hard. Still after about a year I tried a few cycles with clomid and then when we hit the 2 year mark I just let it go..I was just convinced that we would be a family of 3 and I was really at that point okay with it so we stopped actively trying. Then DH got activated for another deployment...then I found out I was pregnant.

so long story short, I let it go and both times got pregnant all on our own. I know it's hard though..I've SO been there but it will happen for you I just know it!

Old 08-27-2009, 08:29 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiARNGwife View Post
I'm going to tell you the thing that I HATED hearing during a total of 5 years primary and secondary infertility. Stop trying so hard. I know, I hated it when people would say that to me... b/c when you want so badly to be pregnant and you can't then you just want to smack someone when they say that to you...especially if the someone is able to get pregnant just by looking sideways at her hubby.
Let me just second this!

Our journey to parenthood did not end in pregnancy, but it did end in the two best kids ever! We adopted both Camden and Rory from South Korea and could not be happier.

Hugs to you. I know it's hard!
Old 08-27-2009, 08:33 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I know that it's the last thing you want to hear too, I didn't mean to be insensitive about it. We really did have a hard time getting pregnant the first time (trying and trying, miscarriage, and then no results) so I can definitely relate. The second time was just a little easier

Old 08-27-2009, 08:35 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiARNGwife View Post

anyway, we started trying when I was 26 and I got pregnant right away but we lost that baby at almost 13 weeks. Then it was a year of trying before my doc would "look into it" then it was over 2 more years of every test in the book including exploratory surgery to check things out..3 failed clomid/IUI cycles before my doc threw up his hands and said..there's nothing wrong with you we don't know why you can't get pregnant. I think NOT finding anything wrong is harder than knowing what the problem is...b/c we just didn't have any answers...so after over 3 years of a total emotional and physical roller coaster where I literally lived my life 2 weeks at a time waiting to ovulate and then waiting to test, and it taking a very hard toll on our marriage..I sent DH off to work one morning and had a very long talk with God. I gave up on doctors and tests and procedures and told Him that if it was His will then I would be okay with it. That morning was the first time I felt at peace with the entire situation. The next day we started looking into adoption. A few weeks of us "not trying" went by and I realized I was late. Yep...that's when I got pregnant.

With number 2..DH had been deployed for a year and DS was 16 mos old when he got back...so we started trying right away b/c by then I was 31 and not getting younger. I tried not to get back into the frame of mind I had been with DS but it was hard. Still after about a year I tried a few cycles with clomid and then when we hit the 2 year mark I just let it go..I was just convinced that we would be a family of 3 and I was really at that point okay with it so we stopped actively trying. Then DH got activated for another deployment...then I found out I was pregnant.

so long story short, I let it go and both times got pregnant all on our own. I know it's hard though..I've SO been there but it will happen for you I just know it!
Thank you so much for sharing your story... tho its very tough I love to hear someone send such positive advice my way.

I say I reach the point of giving up I really am putting on the back burner of my mind... I just don't think you can completely forget. We are talking of moving, traveling, taking awesome jobs somewhere else, just escaping for awhile.

I just wanna say to you I know how hard it is to lose a child. I lost a child early on in are trails. Like you I've thrown it outta my hands and say well I know we weren't ready yet, you'll hurl one at me when the time is right, in the mean time I guess I'll keep having fun!
Old 08-27-2009, 08:39 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just wanna say thanks to everyone for their positive thoughts.

I believe I have move past some of the strange anger I felt. Like why would god give children to so many uncaring, drug addicted, children, and people who don't want them and leave out the rest of us honestly good hearted people!! I've started to understand.... I believe now it was a journey and I learned and aged much better than I was at 19 or 20... and I know that sounds funny coming from someone who is only turning 23!

Now I'm just saying "it'll happen when it happens"

Old 08-27-2009, 10:20 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Voodoo_Bryn

Susan,
get your drink on girl. I don't know what it is about wine, lol...
but TWICE now.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:52 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have not personally dealt with infertility, but I have a few friends who have had extremely hard times, and I have cried right along with them each month while they were going through it. So here's a big {{hug}} and prayers that His will be done.

My Blog -- Three 4 Me

Proudly creating for Zoe Pearn
Old 08-27-2009, 10:55 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just wanted to offer you some (((hugs))) & tell you that I'll be praying for you!
Old 08-27-2009, 11:46 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We'd been trying for over 2 years, and had just started the process of tests for infertility treatment. I'd been examinied - very thoroughly, ugghh there is no dignity when it comes to conception, pregnancy or birth, and then it was DH's turn.

He was presented with a little jar to 'fill' and return to the clinic, and I think it was sheer horror of what he was going to have to experience (((snicker))) that made him try harder. Anyway, we got pregnant.

So the moral of my story is present your other half with a little jar and see what happens
Old 08-27-2009, 11:53 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

LOL, 2 januaries ago, I was fed up with "trying" and went to talk to my doctor...
you know what his advice was...
"Just make love to your husband to make Loooove to your husband..."
LOL ( he is south african too, so had an accent) it sounded so funny to me..
but IT WORKED!!!!! well...6 months later when I finally decided to "just make Loooove to him"!

Proud to be creating for:

Old 08-27-2009, 11:57 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Both of our kids were planned- we got pregnant the first month of trying with our 4 year old. Then it took us 3 months of trying with our 2 month old.

My best friend's wanted to become pregnant since around the time I became pregnant with our first- it took her years of trying with her hubby- and come to find out, she became pregnant the same time I did with my second! She just decided to stop trying and to relax about it- and it happened!

Good luck getting pregnant! I say follow the chart on web-md. That's what we looked at when we planned ours! lol!

Creating for Melissa Bennett & Lliella Designs!!

Last edited by rachaelsscraps; 08-27-2009 at 12:00 PM.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:00 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

lmbo! there are some cute beans around here for SURE!
Old 08-27-2009, 01:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

You ladies really are the best about sharing advice
Old 08-27-2009, 07:56 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I have a good friend online who tried for years, had a m/c with twins right away in the beginning of her journey. Then years of everything. Right now she is pregnant with a little boy due 10/31. Good luck!
Old 08-27-2009, 08:13 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo_Bryn View Post
Susan,
get your drink on girl. I don't know what it is about wine, lol...
but TWICE now.
LMAO, that's me too. Both my babies were conceived on "I was drunk off my ass" nights.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:15 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Susan, have you read Taking Charge of Your Fertility?
Old 08-27-2009, 08:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandabarugh View Post
Susan, have you read Taking Charge of Your Fertility?
nope but I'll check it out!!