Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2010, 07:22 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm
Default Pulling hair out, screaming and crying

UGH, what a nightmare yesterday and the night before. Currently I am replanning and redesigning my site, also designing a logo for a customer. Well, I wanted to try something new in Illustrator (have the design premium CS4) and... it didn't work but it should Started searching the internet for solutions, tried here and there - wouldn't work. Yesterday I decided to deinstall Illustrator and reinstall. And then the horror began!

It would tell me my serial number was incorrect and whatever we did, it wouldn't work. On the Adobe website I managed to get a chat spot with CS only to be told that she would not support this type of licensing and I had to call a different department. We did.... and hung up after 45 minutes on the phone waiting - a call from Australia to the US, mind you We tried to restore the PC to an earlier date and it would tell us, not possible Of course I had forgotten to back up my bookmarks (bookmarks that were really important to me because of my study, work, etc). All the bookmarks were gone, IE and Firefox wouldn't work properly and everything was a big mess. I sat down and cried, this is exactly why I hate computers! For no obvious reason something gets wonky and messes up E-V-E-R-T-H-I-N-G!

Our searches showed that many people have problems with CS4 when trying to fix a problem, de- and reinstalling the suite or part of it. There seemed to be only one solution: format C: DH knew that I was a mess and did it all for me. I still don't have everything installed but the major things I have. But still I am frustrated and drained, what a waste of time! And I was so keen on designing and being creative, kwim?

Let me tell you, if you have CS4, do not deinstall it if you want to reinstall it again afterwards when trying to fix a problem!

Thanks for letting me get this off my chest!

edit: To get in the mood again, I went SSD shopping

my blog
Old 01-09-2010, 07:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to tettletop20 Send a message via Skype™ to tettletop20

Huge huge hugs! Computers can be so frustrating!

I am actually trying to get mine to stop giving me a registry error and blue screen when I start it up. I am going bonkers!
Old 01-09-2010, 07:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh love! I am so sorry! I can imagine how upset you are over this and all for that pesky customer of yours.
I am headed out to dinner with the hubster but will be back later tonight and all day tomorrow if you want to talk sweetie.
Go have one of "those" drinks....you know, the one with the rather risque name. No wine. No wine.

Love ya!

Creating for: Krystal Hartley
Old 01-09-2010, 07:39 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Ha NeeNee, guess what I had last night after dinner? Have a nice dinner with your hubby and no, you are not a pesky customer, you know that!

my blog
Old 01-09-2010, 07:45 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I can only imagine how you felt. This makes me very glad I don't have CS4. I am glad that your DH was there to be supportive and lend a helping hand.
Old 01-09-2010, 07:51 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Oh how terrible! I hate computers too! Best of luck to you! I hope it gets fixed soon! And isn't it amazing how good SSD shopping can make you feel?

Old 01-09-2010, 07:55 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Ugh!! Computers... can't live with them, can't live without them!!! {hugs} and thanks for the tip... I currently don't have it loaded, but got the CS4 for Christmas just waiting for my new laptop to arrive... it's only been 3 months since I ordered it...
Old 01-09-2010, 08:11 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Thanks girls

Balinda, I wouldn't have been able to stay as calm as DH, nor would I have been able to fix the restore, restore my bookmarks and everything.

Melissa, everything is fixed

Rebecca, CS4 is great - I have been using Photoshop CS4, Illustrator CS4 and InDesign CS4 for about 6 months now. I love the new features they have! But I would have never thought that deinstalling can mess my pc up the way it did

my blog
Old 01-09-2010, 08:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

So sorry to hear that! I know how frustrating technology can be when it DOESN'T work!

Returning from a long scrapping hiatus!
Old 01-09-2010, 08:30 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Well...the original problem with Illustrator is back

my blog
Old 01-09-2010, 09:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

TOTALLY understand - I too had a problem with CS and ADOBE was the WORST - I was on hold for over an hour - and then was connected to someone in India who told me his name was Chad ... It took 3 calls to get the links to re-install after a crash - If there was ANY other alternative I would so use it!!! But for my program at school we are required to use Adobe

My BLOG & Adventures In Wonderland

Old 01-09-2010, 11:03 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Same here, Nonnie - required for my study and it is the norm program in the industry. And... I like using it, it is the bugs and Customer Service that bug me

my blog
Old 01-09-2010, 11:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to juliemarie

Sorry to hear that happened to you, how frustrating.

Old 01-10-2010, 05:21 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

I wanted to come here and tell you: I found the solution!!! *Doing happy dance* I found out that it is my Wacom tablet that is interfering. The arrow tools for resizing shapes, etc will not work when you drag your pen or mouse on your Wacom tablet. I found my old mouse that came with the keyboard and what can I say, it works as a charm!

my blog
Old 01-10-2010, 09:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalie View Post
I wanted to come here and tell you: I found the solution!!! *Doing happy dance* I found out that it is my Wacom tablet that is interfering. The arrow tools for resizing shapes, etc will not work when you drag your pen or mouse on your Wacom tablet. I found my old mouse that came with the keyboard and what can I say, it works as a charm!
Is that happening only in CS4? I am going to let my 21yo ds read this thread because he just got a brand new laptop and installed CS4 on it (and he has a Wacom as well) ... although he uninstalled it from his old laptop and didn't mention any problems.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:37 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Sharon, I read from somebody who had the same problem with an older version of Photoshop. I have never noticed it before because I never used the arrow keys to resize and add points before. I sure hope nobody else experiences the same.

my blog