Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2019, 10:35 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm
Default How Many?

With 2018 officially behind us, I am curious... how many layouts did you complete last year?! Was it more or less than 2017? Do you have a number in mind for this year?
Old 01-04-2019, 10:51 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I don't ever keep track!
Old 01-04-2019, 11:34 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Well I completed 0 layouts in 2017 and about 5 in 2018 but I collected a lots of kits/templates and established my system of organization. 2019 is my year to finally produce!!! Looking forward to the new Passport challenge to help me stay motivated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-04-2019, 11:42 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Just counted and I'm at 295 for just SSD. That's way down from what I usually do but since becoming IG Babe I spend a lot of time over there. I wish I had more time to scrap but I console myself by thinking that's less dollars I have to spend when I print! Hehehe... I don't have a goal for this year other than completing my Disney 2017 album!
Old 01-04-2019, 12:11 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

How does everyone keep track? I have all the pages I made for 2018 counted, but then I make pages for other years, and those just go in those folders, until I decide to print something. And then CT pages, too, I have no idea. Does anyone have a good system, other than going through and counting, lol?

Old 01-04-2019, 12:31 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by allyanne View Post
How does everyone keep track? I have all the pages I made for 2018 counted, but then I make pages for other years, and those just go in those folders, until I decide to print something. And then CT pages, too, I have no idea. Does anyone have a good system, other than going through and counting, lol?
What I do is go to the gallery and click on My Photos, scroll to the very bottom where it says "Display Options" and change my parameters to this. Then I can see how many total I've created that year on the left side of my gallery screen or I can scroll through a much more manageable number of pages if I want to see for myself the actual pages.

Sorry it's so blurry. I have no idea why?! Hope this helps!
Old 01-04-2019, 12:36 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

2017 - 251
2018 - 133

I don't have any number goals for this year. I find that when I start putting a number on how many pages I plan to scrap that I stress over it.
Old 01-04-2019, 12:41 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I've scrapped at least 427 layouts last year! I say 'at least' because I keep a 'fullsize' folder in each of my monthly folders so I am able to add those up. HOWEVER, I also have a disney album I've been working on since 2016 (almost done!!) so there's a few in that folder instead, as well as any albums I'm working on (DYD, ScrapIt) So if I add 31 for DYD, 24 for ScrapIt- then I'm at 482 at least!!! Yikes! That's the most I've scrapped so far since starting in 2009!

As for 2019- my goal is to finish & PRINT my disney album from 2016- I'm super close! I also want to print my DYD & ScrapIt albums so that I'm all caught up with those projects.
Old 01-04-2019, 01:54 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

At SSD I scrapped 292 pages this year. Not sure if this is more or less than last year. Not sure what last years amount was. This year I don't have a number in mind, but I'd like to get more layouts done so I can print. I think I may have to go pretty basic, so I don't feel like I'm so far behind. Which I know will be hard to do as I like using elements and such.

Old 01-04-2019, 01:55 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieN1 View Post
So if I add 31 for DYD, 24 for ScrapIt- then I'm at 482 at least!!! Yikes! That's the most I've scrapped so far since starting in 2009!
Wowzers! That is incredible!

Old 01-04-2019, 04:19 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I honestly don't know... I'm way, way down from 2017... I have 150 in my general folder for 2018... but that doesn't count the pages that I've done for PL, DD, and various vacation albums.
Old 01-04-2019, 05:23 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I did around 300 in 2018 and about 360 in 2017. I use a very old version of PaintShop Pro (v6 I think) just for viewing and sorting images and it tells me in small print at the bottom of my screen how many images are in a folder - that's how I know my numbers!

Only scrapping goal for this year - just keep going!
Old 01-04-2019, 06:08 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I don't really have a count. I did at one time.
I didn't scrap much in 2017 because of an injury and out-of-state move, so my count was low.
I probably have over 300 for 2018.
Old 01-04-2019, 07:02 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

184 this year, slightly down from the year before but I have a plan!
Old 01-04-2019, 07:18 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I scrapped 308 for 2018.
248 for 2017
not bad!
Old 01-04-2019, 07:26 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Around 200 for 2018 (about 50 more than 2017). I never have targets, I just scrap when the mood strikes
Old 01-04-2019, 10:17 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsQueen82 View Post
What I do is go to the gallery and click on My Photos, scroll to the very bottom where it says "Display Options" and change my parameters to this. Then I can see how many total I've created that year on the left side of my gallery screen or I can scroll through a much more manageable number of pages if I want to see for myself the actual pages.

Sorry it's so blurry. I have no idea why?! Hope this helps!
Thank you so much, Cassie!!
I did 331 last year!!
Old 01-05-2019, 05:16 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I don't keep track either so I just counted now and for 2018 I got 322 for the layouts I posted online. I haven't counted the PLs.
Old 01-05-2019, 10:28 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I checked my pinterest albums:
2018 - 228 overall
2017 - 335

Much less than the year because I get distracted by watching k-dramas
Old 01-05-2019, 12:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I only completed 2 layouts in 2018! My computer died, and I ended up having too much trouble with Photoshop on my slower computer, so I sadly stopped. I used to scrap hundreds per year. I'm back at it now though and super excited for 2019!
Old 01-05-2019, 04:08 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
I did 331 last year!!
I keep a "recap" of my LOs each month in case I need to find something, so I went back and added things up.

I did 331 here at SSD (thanks to the awesome gallery count tool). I did 368 total in 2018

In 2017 I only did 67 because of an injury in December 2016 that left me unable to sit for extended times and then an out-of-state move mid-2017.

Since 2017 was so low, I added up 2016 and had 281 (again, a little lower because of the injury).

I don't have a count goal for 2019. But, I really want to make a dent in some older photos!
Old 01-05-2019, 06:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I had a highly productive scrapping year! I got FIVE done!

In all seriousness, some years are just like that. I went back to school in August and that took a lot of my time up between then and December. I didn't get my laptop until July and didn't find my product license for my Photoshop CS5 until September. I really didn't get started scrapping until after Thanksgiving. Given that, I can't complain about 5. I am rusty!

I've done 3 so far this year, so I will soon beat my last year's total.

I keep track by saving the web version to a folder with month and year on it. So I have a folder called "Layouts Saved for Web" and inside will have January 2010, January 2011, February 2017, etc. I've done this for years as way of keeping track. I suppose I could change it to just keep track by year, but for some reason I've always done it by month. I guess I can see patterns in my scrapping this way. I mean, in the past I was a layout a day kind of girl, 3-5 on weekend days. Life just gets in the way sometimes.

I should add that I also got REALLY stuck on my albums mentally. There's a post here somewhere about it. We found out my husband had a child we never knew about. It was a whirlwind... we have our first grandchild now thanks to this young lady. Anyway, I didn't feel like I could scrap at all until I did a page about her. It was HARD wrapping my mind around it.

Last edited by Sherri Tierney; 01-05-2019 at 06:39 PM.
Old 01-05-2019, 09:25 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsQueen82 View Post
Just counted and I'm at 295 for just SSD. That's way down from what I usually do but since becoming IG Babe I spend a lot of time over there.
It's so hard when your focus is split! I deal with this issue all the time. 295 is still REALLY impressive!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheana View Post
I don't have any number goals for this year. I find that when I start putting a number on how many pages I plan to scrap that I stress over it.
I totally get that. Keep up the good work!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieN1 View Post
I've scrapped at least 427 layouts last year!
WOW!! Just... WOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsashbaugh View Post
At SSD I scrapped 292 pages this year. Not sure if this is more or less than last year. Not sure what last years amount was. This year I don't have a number in mind, but I'd like to get more layouts done so I can print.
Yes! I need to add PRINTING to my goals this year!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
I have 150 in my general folder for 2018...
Interesting! I don't really organize my layouts by year. I'm curious about your LO organization system!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jak View Post
I did around 300 in 2018 and about 360 in 2017.

Only scrapping goal for this year - just keep going!
Wowzers!! That's a great motto... just keep going!

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
I didn't scrap much in 2017 because of an injury and out-of-state move, so my count was low.
I probably have over 300 for 2018.
I have years and years where I don't scrap at all, sometimes life just gets in the way! Great job last year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc33558 View Post
184 this year, slightly down from the year before but I have a plan!
Curious about your plan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
I scrapped 308 for 2018.
248 for 2017
not bad!
Not bad at all!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSheri View Post
Around 200 for 2018 (about 50 more than 2017). I never have targets, I just scrap when the mood strikes
Now I'm curious how many pages you've scrapped in your career...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrygutz View Post
I don't keep track either so I just counted now and for 2018 I got 322 for the layouts I posted online. I haven't counted the PLs.
I don't normally keep track either, but I'm finding everyone's answers so interesting. Great job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietis View Post
Much less than the year because I get distracted by watching k-dramas
It's still an impressive number!! Having other hobbies isn't a bad thing either <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelley View Post
I only completed 2 layouts in 2018! My computer died, and I ended up having too much trouble with Photoshop on my slower computer, so I sadly stopped. I used to scrap hundreds per year. I'm back at it now though and super excited for 2019!
It's so hard when life gets in the way! Glad you're excited for 2019!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlmurrell View Post
Well I completed 0 layouts in 2017 and about 5 in 2018 but I collected a lots of kits/templates and established my system of organization. 2019 is my year to finally produce!!! Looking forward to the new Passport challenge to help me stay motivated!
Collecting kits is half the fun!! Can't wait to see what you create this year.
Old 01-05-2019, 10:45 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlimarie View Post
I've printed 1,161 in photo book pages, but I've made some that didn't make it to print
Old 01-05-2019, 11:11 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Interesting! I don't really organize my layouts by year. I'm curious about your LO organization system!
I started to organize my flatten jpgs by year as I hope to be able to print year albums sometime... Also I print out layouts between my son's last birthday and the next and make a collage on the wall for his birthday party with the family.

Quote:
Oooh... New server shows 751 in my tiff folder, but that doesn't include all the pages I have done for 28 some albums that are in various states. On the old server says I have 3845 layouts or 448GB's (haha) ... again doesn't take in account of the 20 printed albums I have sitting on the shelf. I've been digi scrapping for 10 years.
Old 01-05-2019, 11:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

101 for me! that's in just 5 months though since I only started scrapping again in late July. I'm happy with that!

When I export JPGs of my files I've always named them as the date of the photos/event. Something like "2018 12 Christmas morning", or "2017 04 Lawson school play".

beckie_scraps on IG!
Old 01-06-2019, 01:16 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I have an old school tracking system called a notebook and pen... When I finished a LO I write it down (the month and year I completed it, the month and year it was from, and the page title). I also have an Excel doc I track them in.

For 2018 I did 148.
For 2017 I did 97.

I started scrapping in 2008, but didn't start keeping track until 2009, so since 2009 I've done 2203 LOs.

2019 goal is 175.
Old 01-06-2019, 08:53 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Thanks for the tip, Cassie! I don't post all, or even most, of my layouts, and I have them in lots of folders all over the place. I went through, though, and I counted up what I know for sure I did last year. I have about 300 pages just for my 2018 album, and I did an additional 100+ CT pages that aren't included in that album. And I know I did some other pages for bingo challenges and just for other years as well. I'm going to say 425 is a good number for me. This year, I'm going to keep track! Love the idea of just writing it down in a notebook.

Old 01-06-2019, 10:28 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My gallery says 92 for the last year.

I had a crappy 2018 what with the baby being very poorly then my mental health taking a dive as a result. I definitely want to scrap more this year and the new challenges look like they're going to help with that!
Old 01-06-2019, 04:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I never keep track of how many, as long as I keep scrapping that's all I am concerned with. I do know it was a rather slow year for me though.

PS: I love your Siggy.... so cute!
Old 01-06-2019, 04:56 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I scrapped 299 layouts last year.

I keep them resized (700x700) in a monthly folder so I can grab them in a jiffy (like on social media, etc). That's how I was able to count them so quickly.

My goal for this year? I'd like to scrap an average of 15 new layouts a month-give or take. Ideally, I'd like to complete the new Passport challenge every month, so however many layouts that is, that's my goal for the year.
Old 01-07-2019, 04:20 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm at 370 for 2018. I know I did less scrapping than I did in 2017 so we'll see what 2019 is going to bring. I always burn my layouts to dvd and then I add them to digiscrap catalog so I can find them when a designer has a re-release or when I need to know how much I scrapped in a year