Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-2010, 08:44 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Default PSE 8 question

OK, keep in mind I'm so NOT a digi girl, so I'm not even sure I know how to ask these questions. But I just got a new computer and it came with PSE 8. The old computer had PSE 6 which is all I've ever used for my hybrid stuff. So 8 seems basically the same, except I'm having a few annoying little problems.

When I open up all of my files, in PSE 6, when I would maximize them, they would stay inside that little workspace area (between the left side tool bar thing and the layers palette). But now in PSE 8, then I maximize them, they pop up and take up my ENTIRE screen, so that the tool bar, layers palette and everything is hidden. Is there a way to change my settings so that I can maximize each file but it just fills up that little workspace thing?

Also, in PSE 6, when I would minimize files, they would just drop down into the bin. But now in PSE 8, when I minimize a file, they drop down below the bin on like a little status bar thing (they're still visible in the bin too, but it's weird). Also, if I'm dragging things onto a new document and then I want to print that one document, it seems to try to print every single file that is open in my bin instead of just the file that's selected. So I have to close everything else in my bin except for the one file I want to print. That wasn't an issue in PSE 6 - it would only print the one document that I had selected and opened up in the main workspace thing.

So anyway, can anyone help? Or does anyone have any suggestions for a non-digi girl? Am I even making sense?? I'm sure I'm not using the right lingo here at all.

TIA!!!