Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 02-16-2012, 11:19 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default Survivor One World *spoilers inside*

Sooooo. Hmm. Not sure I like the both tribes in one camp thing. But I guess it may get more interesting as they start interacting with one another more.

I had a feeling someone was going to get hurt in the challenge b/c they kept showing Jeff say to "keep your arms in" "land on your back". When that girl broke her arm I felt so bad for her..it looked like it hurt bad.

Old 02-16-2012, 12:03 PM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

Yeah - I think only one person actually landed the way Jeff told them to. I was sad she left, cause she was one that I was looking forward to "getting to know." She looked fun.

I thought the immunity idol thing was interesting . . . where she had to give it to someone on the other tribe - lots of strategy to think about on that one.

I thought it was interesting how both tribes were blaming the other tribe for playing dirty and not acknowledging how they were playing dirty themselves. The men stole supplies and wouldn't share fire. The women kept the chickens for themselves after agreeing to share them. So . . . whatever. I think it will be fun to see how the dynamic of living on the same beach plays out.

Old 02-16-2012, 12:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I hate all those women. They give women a bad name - I was embarrassed at tribal council.

I'm already REALLY tired of Colton. And if it were me, I would have just thrown the HII back in the tree. For crying out loud - let the guys find it for themselves! Why help even one person on the opposing tribe?

I can tell this season is going to bug me - they are already whining about what's fair. Has no one seen this show?

I'm going to look for spoilers....
Old 02-16-2012, 03:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

LOL! I was sick of the women BEGGING for fire!! Come on...with the time you spent over there asking for it, you could have done it yourself! Some of them seem totally clueless and not prepared for the game.

And the boys are annoying too...I hope it gets better!! I wish they all would have just gotten along on the beach and shared things - but the guy who stole from the truck supplies in the first place ruined everything before the game even started!

Old 02-16-2012, 03:26 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

I didn't mind the first episode..reminds me of Rupert stealing all the supplies the other tribe was finding on Pearl Islands..the women should have had somebody on the ground with it like the boys did. I was laughing at the guy saying give us a chicken to apologize then we'll negotiate from there (Matthew I think?) I don't blame the women for not sharing the chickens but don't whine about the guys not helping you out either. I was bummed for Kourtney though she was one I was interested in watching this season.

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 02-16-2012, 03:47 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryinaz View Post
I hate all those women. They give women a bad name - I was embarrassed at tribal council.
Ugh, seriously! I'm sure some of them aren't that bad individually but all of them together was just embarrassing. I mean, if the tribes were separated like normal, would they really have just gone without fire? No, they would have figured it out!

I'm not sure I like any of the guys any better though. I'm sure it was cast this way on purpose but talk about perpetuating stereotypes for both men and woman.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

They all came off like a bunch of losers. There are a couple that I already really can't stand. I have a huge peeve with people who sign up for Survivor and are oblivious to making fire. I think I'd be practicing beforehand, multiple techniques even. I know it's edited but the girls didn't seem like they tried too hard and then to have it and let it die out. Really?!! The girls were embarrassing, the guys were big weenies.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:17 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I agree about the lack of likeability for most of the players. I can't think of one I actually did care for, but I felt bad for Kourtney. I'm just hoping that as it is early, things will improve.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:38 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keely~B View Post
They all came off like a bunch of losers. There are a couple that I already really can't stand. I have a huge peeve with people who sign up for Survivor and are oblivious to making fire. I think I'd be practicing beforehand, multiple techniques even. I know it's edited but the girls didn't seem like they tried too hard and then to have it and let it die out. Really?!! The girls were embarrassing, the guys were big weenies.
This is what I don't understand either. How were they SO unprepared?? It boggles my mind.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keely~B View Post
I have a huge peeve with people who sign up for Survivor and are oblivious to making fire. I think I'd be practicing beforehand, multiple techniques even.
I told my hubby the same thing while we were watching it...if you know you are going on the show, make sure you know how to make fire!

I liked Kourtney...sad to see her go so early. And I do like Colton, although he probably won't last long in an all guy tribe.

Last edited by Jennilyn; 02-16-2012 at 10:09 PM.
Old 02-22-2012, 03:08 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

bumping this up..we can just use the same thread each week if you want but if you are the first to post on a new week warn us with a spoiler alert first Just in case we haven't seen it yet (why we'd read beforehand..i dunno but we do it haha)

excited to see it tonight...hope there's some good dynamics between the tribes and the women have more a clue now what they are doing

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 02-22-2012, 04:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We finally got our 2nd DVR and I'm so excited - now I can record and watch the shows I want. My son is in a play tonight so I'll miss it, but will watch when we get home on my new DVR.

Funny, I saw a pin on Pinterest about ways to build a fire without matches and I thought, those women could have used that!
Old 02-23-2012, 12:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Well, I'm glad the girls are finally admitting how embarrassing they are. I knew they were not going to vote out Kat and break that alliance first thing.

And how weird that Jeff didn't even appear in the episode until way into it - maybe more than half way. I thought the reward challenge was very underwhelming because of being self-managed. I haven't watched all the seasons, but I've never seen that done before.

So far I still think this is a completely boring season so I hope it picks up soon.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:10 PM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

Yeah - not a great episode. And, I'm glad the girls know that they are losers, but I don't see them doing anything to change it. I was glad to see that Colton told some people in his tribe about the idol. That way he's at least trying to do something game-wise instead of just hanging out with the girls whining all day. Gah!

Old 02-23-2012, 02:11 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

blah...was so boring lol

i didn't like the DIY reward challenge either. Jeff musta been busy that day :0x

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 02-23-2012, 03:29 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

I'm a fan too! I agree, last night wasn't that exciting. Colton was a little annoying but at least he's playing the game. I think he's the only one! I was initially thinking those boys would throw the challenge so they could vote one of the strong guys out, but that would have taken a very very long time!
Old 02-24-2012, 10:05 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I'm a die hard survivor fan!! I didn't like Jeff not being there either, and I didn't realize how much I'd miss him untill he was gone. lol
Old 02-24-2012, 10:18 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We watched it last night. WTG Colton for coming up with a plan. Maybe this is all his "Strategy." Those girls. UGH. They voted out the wrong girl & it looks like next week it will bite them in the ass. Looks miserable next week.

Yes, a boring episode. I did LOL when Colton was telling the guys to "hold me." LMAO. Probably made some men very very uncomfortable.