Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 04-30-2012, 07:33 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default Game of Thrones

Can you believe we're already half-way through the season?! If you've read the books what are you thinking so far? I knew this season they were going to change some stuff more than they did last season. I'm not sure why they decided to have Tywin Lannister at Harrenhal with Arya instead of Roose Bolton..his character in the book was so dark and scary that I was looking forward to seeing him on screen. I hope they bring him in at some point though b/c I'd think he's very important to the story..especially with Theon's storyline later on.

I love the actor they cast as Jaqen H'ghar...I think he's perfect. Not sure why they changed Arya's first victim either b/c in the books she actually kills the Tickler herself.

Peter Dinklage as Tyrion is perfect. I thought so last season but this season he is owning every scene he is in and I love the sense of humor he's brought to the character.

Brienne of Tarth - wow where did they find that woman?? She is SO tall! But absolutely perfect as Brienne! Can't wait to see her and Jamie together later on.

And Renly's death scene was so cool. They did a good job with that.

Things I don't like:

Theon's sister - I did not picture her like that in the books...her scenes seem overacted to me too.

Shae - I don't know why they've made her so mean in the series...in the books she was always very loving and sweet with Tyrion...maybe it's to build up for what will happen later

Old 04-30-2012, 07:45 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My husband has started reading the actual books - and I cant wait for him to be finished so I can start them myself. I seriously wait each new episode!
Old 04-30-2012, 10:54 AM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

OK Brienne should be a redhead...other than that, she's great for Bri.

Theon's sister isn't pretty enough to me.

I don't really have a problem with the changes other than that, I honestly don't remember enough of the details to know the difference LOL!
Old 04-30-2012, 01:50 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Yeah I always pictured her much prettier too..and why do they have to be so dirty just b/c they're "iron born" lol

Old 04-30-2012, 01:56 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

I think it adds to the hardness of them, that they're really cold people who have no time for beauty.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:59 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

This is off topic but is anyone watching The Borgias on Showtime? I'm enjoying it too. With those two shows and Mad Men, Sunday nights have become my fave night for TV

Old 04-30-2012, 02:41 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

I watched the first season of the Borgias and tried to watch this season but I was kinda meh after episode one
Old 04-30-2012, 03:18 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiARNGwife View Post
This is off topic but is anyone watching The Borgias on Showtime? I'm enjoying it too.
I am! I wasn't super crazy about the show last season, but for some reason, I've enjoyed Season 2 a lot more. I'm a huge fan of Game of Thrones but haven't yet read the books, so I can't comment on the differences.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I read the second book last year so I don't remember all the differences either, but I am loving this season of Game of Thrones. I am probably not going to read any more of the books, though, because I enjoyed last year's episodes so much more before I read the book!
Old 05-01-2012, 09:44 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

My husband and I love Game of Thrones too! Neither of us have read the books, and I was wondering how closely they follow each other. I haven't decided if I'm going to read them or not...maybe when the series is over lol. Also, Have any of you seen the SNL skit they did a couple weeks ago about Game of Thrones? It was hilarious! But I really think you need to have seen the show to truly understand it. Now whenever "steamy" or nude scenes come on I bust out laughing.
http://www.tvfanatic.com/videos/game...ay-night-live/
Old 05-01-2012, 02:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

i loooooove the show. i missed Sunday's episode so i plan on catching up on HBO Go. and i also adore Peter Dinklage/Tyrion; he indeed own every scene. he's one of my favorite characters. and i pictured Theon's sister as being a lot prettier too. the girl they got for Brienne is perfect.

i actually really love Daenerys Targaryen's storyline as well. she's so strong. broke my heart when Drogo died. he was AWESOME.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:19 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I am a huge fan. I have read the books several times. I can't say I have found any changes to be overly objectionable in the TV series. They have so far kept pretty close to all of the plot lines.