Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 02-12-2009, 11:10 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Are you FREAKING kidding me?

Seriously? I knew this would happen but it still pisses me off!

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/02/12/oct...mom/index.html

Old 02-12-2009, 11:12 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Um, how does she consider getting $500/month in food stamps NOT being on welfare?
Old 02-12-2009, 11:14 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Mandy

She should making money just fine with all of these interviews.

Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I just heard about this story yesterday at the doctor's office (he was trying to distract me, I think...hahah). Total craziness!!
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to LenaGardner

what is the purpose of those sunglass looking things over the babies' eyes? I've never seen those before.

As for the actual story, I'm disenterested as it's none of my business one way or another. Can't waste any energy on it. Ya'll can have at it though
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Nikki Epperson

omg. I should set up a website for myself.

Happily Creating For:

Krystal Hartley ♥ Libby Pritchett ♥ Meghan Mullens ♥ Melissa Bennett

Old 02-12-2009, 11:17 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to AnnieBananie

LOL I set up a blog one time that was "I'm really lazy, just send me money"

No one sent me money. LMAOOOOOO

Surriously though... I'd kick her in the jowls if I ever met her.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:21 AM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

I'm not gonna say anything cuz it won't be nice.
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiepperson View Post
omg. I should set up a website for myself.
LOL!

Huge fan of:

Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Lena, they probably have jondice (sp?) so they have to be under this bright blue light. They have to protect their eyes from it.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:28 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

totally ridiculous. wonder how long til she has a show on TLC?
Old 02-12-2009, 11:46 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenaBrandenburg View Post
what is the purpose of those sunglass looking things over the babies' eyes? I've never seen those before.
My boys had to wear some too! The hospital called it the white boy syndrome as ever caucasion newborn boy that was born seemed to need the bili Reuben lights no matter how much they weighed at birth. My boys were over 5lbs and there was a little boy that was nearly 9lbs that needed the lights too.

As for the rest of the story, there is a heated discussion about this whacko on my parenting multiples board and yes I said WHACKO. Something isn't right with 6 embryos being implanted in this woman and something is off with her period. She has serious issues to want to bring in all these children in the world and claim she saved money just to have them. I know how much IVF costs and with the estimated number of cycles (8 or 9) she did she spent about $15K each. They showed photos of her with her other children when they were younger during that interview and she didn't have those lips, so it's obvious she's had plastic surgery too, so where did that money come from. If she was stable she would've been smart to save for a house or have an expendable bank account for after the kids to have some money. She lives with her parents and has relied on student loans and disability for income? I just don't get it.

I see you can leave comments on her website, I am sure there will be some nasty ones on there. I am sorry but screw her, she doesn't deserve charity and my heart doesn't go out to her, she made her bed so she can lie in it.

Last edited by alansrock; 02-12-2009 at 11:52 AM.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:57 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

umm....no comment. LOL
Old 02-12-2009, 11:59 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansrock View Post
My boys had to wear some too! The hospital called it the white boy syndrome as ever caucasion newborn boy that was born seemed to need the bili Reuben lights no matter how much they weighed at birth. My boys were over 5lbs and there was a little boy that was nearly 9lbs that needed the lights too.
Totally off topic, but my son was born early (3 weeks), but weighed 6.5 pounds. When they checked him in the hospital they said that he levels were great. Then a day after we get home, the clinic calls and wants to know what time we are bringing him in to have his levels checked again. I told them his levels were great in the hospital, but they said cause he was 'early and so little' he needed to be checked again. Course his levels were great again. Ticked me off to have to have him pricked again for no reason. Though according to your hospital maybe the 1/4 of him that is not white helped. *giggle*
Old 02-12-2009, 12:14 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenaBrandenburg View Post

As for the actual story, I'm disenterested as it's none of my business one way or another. Can't waste any energy on it. Ya'll can have at it though

ETA: Well...I went back and read the posts now and it looks like you were answered!!!

Lena ~ a lot of times babies are born with jaundice and have to be under special lights. They have to wear "sunglasses" to protect their eyes. All 3 of my boys were premature (even though two were well over 7 lbs..one was over 9 lbs at almost 4 weeks early). Two of my 3 boys were severely jaundice and had to be in the NICU under the special lights for 3 days...that meant no holding or touching my babies.

I'm not even going to comment on this mother....it just makes me sick. There are so many deserving people out there that want babies and can provide for their children in more ways that one!! LOVE is a lot but they also need food, shelter and a sense of stability!

Last edited by kim21673; 02-12-2009 at 12:21 PM.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I think I should send her a donation, she may need another manicure pretty soon.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by meganmecrazy View Post
I think I should send her a donation, she may need another manicure pretty soon.
LOL, I know right. She doesn't have a pot to piss in and she can afford to have a French manicure.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

And I don't care what she says, she has had work on her face (even if it was just her lips, she had work done).
Old 02-12-2009, 12:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

GARUANTEED she was doing this hoping to get a huge tv show out of it or financial support. I mean, why else would a single mom want 14 kids, go through fertility treatments, when you have NO money, NO home, nothing to offer your kids. Her parents are raising her children!

Although I heard in a news report that the grandma walked out. She said she's not raising 8 more children. Sooooo if Gma is claiming to be raising the kids, what the hell is the mother talking about... she's all like "Oh, I just want to be there for my kids, I want to be with them every step of the way", but she's not even the one doing the work according to her own mother. Interesting.

Also interesting about the new lips and french manicure. Sounds like she's primping to look good for her TV show.

Huge fan of:

Old 02-12-2009, 12:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodoNY0123 View Post
I can't be nice either so zippin' it here too!!!!!!
Old 02-12-2009, 12:40 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

i don't want to start a riot so i'll shut up but if i did say something it would go a little like this...

it is my business since the government i give my tax money to is helping support her every month and frankly it makes me sick to my stomach that someone with so little means and no education would want that many children. she cannot POSSIBLY adequately take care of them on her own and for that i feel truly sorry for those babies. so a quick re-cap. has to beg people for money to support kiddos. check. willfully chose a life with no father in the picture to help support financially, physically, mentally. check check. no higher education to go out and make money to support 14 children. check. motive behind having children is to fulfill a childhood fantasy of more siblings. check. she's a winner.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to scrappychic

i feel horrible for all her children - the ones at home already talking about how crammed it will be when those babies come home, and the little ones in the hospital who can't come home yet. she's SO in denial about asking for help - govt, private, whatever...you can't do it alone loca! you are asking for help - are you paying for the hospital bill? the food you give your kids? no, you're using your student loan to support your family! there is something seriously wrong with her - and the doctor who agreed to do this to her.

*Dianne Rigdon*Jan Guest for Krystal Hartley*
Old 02-12-2009, 12:51 PM

profile gallery send pm

I think it's completely irresponsible considering she has 3 kids at home already who have special needs. And that's all I'm gonna add.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:17 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Well I am just sick about the whole thing on so many levels!! But part of my anger about it is purely selfish. My DH and I have been going through infertility for 17 years and we are working, contributing, tax payers (hubby has been active duty Air Force for 17 years) and we cannot afford to do IVF. GRRRRRRRRR!!
Old 02-12-2009, 01:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Did any of you watch the interview on Dateline the other night? She kept saying that once she graduates she'll be able to make enough money to support her family. Um??? Even with a degree in psychology, she's not going to make enough to comfortably support FOURTEEN children. Who pays that much money, especially for someone fresh out of school???
Old 02-12-2009, 01:28 PM

profile gallery send pm

You can't DO anything with a degree in psychology unless you get your master's. And even then it's hard!
Old 02-12-2009, 01:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

That's what she's planning to finish when she goes back to school.

You know what? Good for her for doing that...but don't beg the WORLD for money for a situation you put yourself into.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This just makes me so angry...I can't even say anything because I'll be in a strop all morning just thinking about it. I'm with everyone else...she made her bed, and now she can lie in it. But those poor babies...

Old 02-12-2009, 02:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lissab View Post
Well I am just sick about the whole thing on so many levels!! But part of my anger about it is purely selfish. My DH and I have been going through infertility for 17 years and we are working, contributing, tax payers (hubby has been active duty Air Force for 17 years) and we cannot afford to do IVF. GRRRRRRRRR!!
This is what makes me rant about this whole thing too, went through over 3 years of infertility and we saved money so we didn't have debt from the IVF and we had a very comfortable savings so we could provide for our children if we were blessed with any after they were born. Our savings has really helped when we have needed to buy big purchases. I can't imagine being without income and trying to care for 14 kids, so much stress and worry. How could you even enjoy the children? And if she is taking classes when is she exactly seeing the kids anyway? I am thinking grandma & gramps are really raising these kids.

I don't know many only children but I can't imagine how being an only child would make you WANT to be a single parent with 14 kids (or even 7 since she was just trying for one more).
Old 02-12-2009, 02:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
She kept saying that once she graduates she'll be able to make enough money to support her family. Um??? Even with a degree in psychology, she's not going to make enough to comfortably support FOURTEEN children.
True. And why not get the degree and job first, then have the extra 8 kids? Besides, who is supposed to take care of those 14 kids while she's supposedly off earning all this money to support them? I can't even imagine how much childcare would cost for 14 kids, some with special needs. She's either a total liar, or she's living in a dreamworld.
Old 02-12-2009, 03:17 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I've had to come to the defence of a friend of mine who has 7 kids and she and her husband are seriously the best parents on the planet - those children are *loved*. Sure, they can't afford to go to disney land, but they have a house, the dad has a great job and the kids are amazing - spunky, smart, obedient, compassionate people. I say if she wants to have three more - all power to her. Big families are not the problem.
So at first when I heard about this story of a woman having 14 kids after octuplets I was like "well, I hope she's an amazing mom - God be with her". Now that I'm hearing all this, I'm just sad sad sad.
I hope something changes for that woman. Fast.

My Etsy Shop
Proud to be creating for :
Old 02-12-2009, 03:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't understand why a single woman would want so many children! She's like the old lady who collects cats! Only she wants to collect babies! Makes me sick!

(My son had to wear those little glasses when he had jaundice. He was born 9 1/2 weeks early & weighed less than 2 pounds. His levels weren't too bad, but they wanted to put him under the lights anyway, just to be on the safe side since he was so little!)

Creating for Melissa Bennett & Lliella Designs!!

Old 02-12-2009, 03:57 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Everytime I hear about this woman, my blood boils. It's so disgusting to me and I'm so completely saddened that her children will be the ones to suffer. She obviously had "work" done to her face in in preparation for her anticipated media blitz (IMHO). I've seen before & after pics and it's very obvious. I like how she says she's going back to college ---- how on Earth would a single mom of 14 have time for school, let alone pay for school?
Old 02-12-2009, 08:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodoNY0123 View Post
Ditto....

But I WILL say that I think it was really irresponsible even on the doctor's part for going through with her treatment...

Returning from a long scrapping hiatus!
Old 02-12-2009, 08:53 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

I saw on Dr. Phil today that a plastic surgeon looked over her pics and he thinks she's had her nose, lips, cheeks and chin done...whacko
Old 02-12-2009, 10:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Anyone else see her trying to look more like and BE like Angelina Jolie???
Old 02-13-2009, 12:15 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildblueeyez View Post
Anyone else see her trying to look more like and BE like Angelina Jolie???
it's totally freaky - like when they showed the before pics and her lips were really thin and she says she hasn't had anything done????
Old 02-13-2009, 12:49 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Not commenting on the octuplet mom beyond that it was irresponsible of the doctor to implant so many embryos.

I will chime in on the jaundice discussion. It's not just small or premature babies who are affected. All 3 of my kids had it. 2 were under the lights (8 lbs, 8 oz born at 38 weeks and 9 lbs, 10 oz born at 40 weeks), and the other narrowly missed needing them (7 lbs, 13 oz born at 40 weeks).
Old 02-13-2009, 01:11 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Being in Los Angeles....THIS IS ALL THAT'S ON THE NEWS. It's really irresponsible of the mother, the clinic, and everyone else involved.

On the news tonight is a RELATED story.
Quote:
In the mean time, Nadya Suleman's doctor is under fire again. He allegedly fertilized another woman, and that woman is now hospitalized at a county facility at taxpayer expense.
Fertility specialist Dr. Michael Kamrava reportedly has another patient waiting to deliver multiple babies. A 49-year-old woman who already has three grown children is due with quadruplets.
The L.A. Times reports that in her case, Dr. Kamrava violated guidelines set by the American Society for Reproductive Medicine. It recommends implantation of no more than three embryos. Nadya Suleman says he inserted six for her. The 49-year-old patient received seven, according to sources who spoke to the Times.
And yeah, the jaundice thing. Both of my kids had jaundice. Alex was really bad since he was premature. We were released from the hospital on home hospital care. We had a nurse come to the house 2 times a day to check on him, draw blood, and make sure his little "bili" blanket was working properly.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:25 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

With those lips I see the Angelina Jolie thing but covering up the lips I totally see Alanis Morissette in her! ROFLMBO