Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2011, 10:20 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm
Default Where do you print?

Where do you all print your pages?? And do you have your pages bound in a book always, or do you have hybrid books, so you print and put them in a book yourself (like in page protectors or something of the like)??

I have SO many pages and I need to have them in my hands, not just on my computer, but I just don't know where to print, I want good quality, but not terribly expensive.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:07 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I print my pages in 8x8 size and put them into albums with page protectors just like my paper layout albums. I did 12x12 when I paper scrapped, but I find the 8x8 fit better into my book cases and are more manageable. I get mine printed at Persnicketyprings.com. They are very reasonably priced, quick service, and great customer service. I do some photo books of special things; our Disney trip, other vacations, my P52 layouts each year, etc., and I also get those printed there. I do wait until I have a lot of layouts and then print in big batches because they offer a discount for bulk orders.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:46 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I print at two places: http://www.persnicketyprints.com/ and http://www.scrappingsimply.com/. I always wait for a sale and print a batch.

I have printed bound books with Shutterfly and http://www.viovio.com.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:54 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've ordered from scrapbookpictures.com and persnickityprints.com (most currently) and they've been awesome! I print 12x12.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:56 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I print locally here in town. He only charges me 40 cents per 9x9 page.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:41 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I print my own in 8x8 and place them page protectors in books just like I used to with paper. Funny how DS and I will constantly look through the 8x8 books because they are accessible. The 12x12 books are kind of out of sight, out mind since they don't fit on my shelves so well. I have had photo books printed for special events/occasions.

Old 01-17-2011, 12:43 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
I print at two places: http://www.persnicketyprints.com/ and http://www.scrappingsimply.com/. I always wait for a sale and print a batch.

I have printed bound books with Shutterfly and http://www.viovio.com.
This ^^
Old 01-17-2011, 12:45 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I print all photobooks in 8x8. I print the majority at Artscow. I have done a few at Shutterfly when I have a free coupon.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:16 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

For all of you who print 8X8 -- do you just change your image size in PS before you begin working with it?? OR after you have worked with it??

Sorry - I'm a little new at this part!
Old 01-17-2011, 04:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I do my layout in 12x12 format in PSE and then resize to 8x8. I save the 12x12 in a PSD file though, then resize and save the JPEG in 8x8.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I scrap 12x12 but when I do print I print 8x8. But with that being said I don't print most of my stuff. I need to but just havent yet.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love printing bound books. My fave printer for books is Adoramapix because I am SUPER picky about my prints and was always disappointed with press printed albums (Shutterfly, MyPicTales, Artscow, etc.). Adoramapix prints on Fuji crystal archive paper (real photographic prints) and they have lay-flat pages (no worrying about losing details in the gutter of the book). Lots of people are happy with press printed books... I'm just way picky about my prints!

-It's pronounced Meeeegan... get it RIGHT!
Old 01-17-2011, 04:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I hear great things about adoramapix... gonna check it out sometime. But I scrap in 12x12 and upload the jpegs to viovio.com and then select to print in 10x10 hardcover (I don't have to resize anything that way). I LOVE that size- it's big enough to see all the little details, but not too big to fit on a bookshelf. HTH!

Returning from a long scrapping hiatus!
Old 01-17-2011, 04:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My pages, I usually don't print. I pick my favourites, or ones scrapped according to a certain theme, or something to print at Artscow. A lot of scrapping that I do is for my own personal hobby... but once I start scrapping my kids, etc, I'll probably print more. I like artscow because I often have free book credits from them, or can get books for $5.00 or whatever.

Otherwise, I don't print anything. But I do sometimes print projects at artscow for Christmas ornaments, playing cards, etc.... they're not really "traditional" layouts, though.

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 01-17-2011, 04:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by schock77 View Post
I hear great things about adoramapix... gonna check it out sometime. But I scrap in 12x12 and upload the jpegs to viovio.com and then select to print in 10x10 hardcover (I don't have to resize anything that way). I LOVE that size- it's big enough to see all the little details, but not too big to fit on a bookshelf. HTH!
10x10 is my FAVE size too! Love it!

-It's pronounced Meeeegan... get it RIGHT!
Old 01-17-2011, 04:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I print 6x6 pages at Scrapbook Pictures and put them into albums with page protectors and I print 8x8 books at Shutterfly.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by spenifer View Post
For all of you who print 8X8 -- do you just change your image size in PS before you begin working with it?? OR after you have worked with it??

Sorry - I'm a little new at this part!
I scrap in 12x12 and save my file as 12x12. When I print at Persnickety, it's auto-sized down to 8x8 beautifully.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
Do you know if their $.99 for 8x8 prints is the usual, or is that a sale they're having right now? I have hundreds of pages I'm behind on printing!

Creating for Melissa Bennett & Lliella Designs!!

Old 01-17-2011, 04:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperboutique View Post
I've ordered from scrapbookpictures.com and persnickityprints.com (most currently) and they've been awesome! I print 12x12.
THIS!

I'm NOT a fan of Artscow. I had a bad quality experience with them, and I've seen others have complaints as well. You rarely see complaints about other sites.

Also, the price difference between 12x12 and 8x8 is usually minimal. I just looked at persnicketyprints and their .99 price is not the normal price! last I checked, the price differene was only $.30 per page, if I recall correctly.

I highly recommend printing a few pages as soon as you can! this will give you an idea of what font sizes work best on your pages. Also, there's a huge difference in how BIG things look on a printed page compared to on-line.

I LOVE using American Crafts 12x12 ding albums with plastic sleeves. I scrap what I feel like whenever I feel like it and after I get pages printed (I usually print 3x per year or so), I can easily go back and stick them into my albums in the right places so that the resulting book is chronological. I find that this flexibility works for me so I don't *have* to scrap somethign I don't feel like doing! I usually scrap when I'm excited by either a kit or a set of photos, so I scrap all over the place. Just scrapped some from last summer, in fact!

beckie_scraps on IG!
Old 01-17-2011, 06:21 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I print at home. I don't scrap chronologically but want my albums arranged like that, so I print individual pages and put them into post bound albums.

I've considered switching to 10x10, but last time I checked (a few years ago) the albums were hard to get and kind of expensive. 8x8 is too small for me and 12x12 won't fit on our shelves, so I've stuck with 8.5x11. Maybe I'll check into 10x10 albums again. I wouldn't mind starting to send pages out for printing if I could find a square size that worked for me!
Old 01-17-2011, 08:42 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I *think* that Scrapping Simply does a sale twice a year, at least that is when I bought from them last year. 25% off is what it was last time, and last year they had a sale in February. Each 8x8 layout was about 75 cents, which is like buy 4 get one free compared to their normal price. So if I order 100, it's like I got 25 free, which makes me happy.

I am a fan of Persnickity Prints and get their emails, and I'm pretty sure I ordered form them this summer cheaper than 99 cents/page, but it might have been a free shipping offer or something, I can't remember.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by g8rbeckie View Post
I'm NOT a fan of Artscow. I had a bad quality experience with them, and I've seen others have complaints as well. You rarely see complaints about other sites.
It took me several tries to figure out that I need a good margin on my pages for them to turn out at artscow. Once I figured it out, I have had NO issues.

I print at artscow not because I'm 100% in love with their quality, but because it's all I can afford. I'm disabled, and now becoming a mom; 99 cents a page is GREAT pricing... but most of the time, I can get a full book from artscow for what I could spend to print 5 pages elsewhere. :: shrugs :: I WISH I could get away from using them, but honestly, if you're on a REALLY tight budget, it's the way to go, quality issues aside.

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 01-17-2011, 09:20 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Now see, I don't have any problems at all with Artscow. My stuff turns out great and I ordered a TON of stuff from them (curently waiting on 2 memopads, a blanket and 2 books). Yes, you do need a large margin around your page. I just made myself a script for getting the page ready for printing. The only complaint I have is their slowness. Though part of that reason is that it comes from overseas.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I had a couple of books printed with Artscow and all of the colors were WAAAYYY oversaturated, I got the same book re-printed with Inkubook and the difference was soo obvious!
I've gotten other things done with Artscow and had no problem though, a mousepad, a deck of cards (that was b&w), and a couple of other things. It seems to me the photobooks & calendars are mostly what the complaints are when it comes to them.

Creating for Melissa Bennett & Lliella Designs!!

Old 01-17-2011, 11:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachaelsscraps View Post
I had a couple of books printed with Artscow and all of the colors were WAAAYYY oversaturated, I got the same book re-printed with Inkubook and the difference was soo obvious!
I've gotten other things done with Artscow and had no problem though, a mousepad, a deck of cards (that was b&w), and a couple of other things. It seems to me the photobooks & calendars are mostly what the complaints are when it comes to them.
ahhhh...maybe that's it! I had a calendar printed, and it was horrible. maybe the scrapbook pages are better!! I honestly only tried one order.

beckie_scraps on IG!
Old 01-18-2011, 11:26 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mturnidge View Post
I love printing bound books. My fave printer for books is Adoramapix because I am SUPER picky about my prints and was always disappointed with press printed albums (Shutterfly, MyPicTales, Artscow, etc.). Adoramapix prints on Fuji crystal archive paper (real photographic prints) and they have lay-flat pages (no worrying about losing details in the gutter of the book). Lots of people are happy with press printed books... I'm just way picky about my prints!
I'm really interested in trying out Adoramapix - I've never been happy with any of the other photo books. They just don't print as well as a printed photo. However, without adding additional pages, I can't print my Project 365/52. So disappointed!

Tags
printing