Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community

Old 06-24-2009, 03:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default How long should I wait before going all ninja on their butts?

Soooo... I use Proactiv. This month I had a shipment so I was billed through Paypal on the 15th. Then I was billed AGAIN on the 22nd (when I shouldn't have been)... and now I'm down $58 that I need. I've emailed Proactiv twice... once on Monday and once today. I also tried calling them THREE times today but there is something wrong with their automated service because every time it says "we're sorry, we cannot complete your call.... please hang up" AFTER I've already listened to their hold music for like 10 minutes. I think they should've already responded to my email from Monday. I am so mad because I needed that money like YESTERDAY to pay my phone bill. I can't seem to reach their customer service. I'm about to go kick some butt. How long should I have to wait to hear from them???!!??!

-It's pronounced Meeeegan... get it RIGHT!
Old 06-24-2009, 04:13 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Can you do a chargeback? I know it will take some time, but at least they'll get the message.
Old 06-24-2009, 04:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula View Post
Can you do a chargeback? I know it will take some time, but at least they'll get the message.
Nope, I can't.... I called Paypal. The first charge is still "pending" and Paypal put a hold on my account for that amount. Paypal said they can't cancel it but that Proactiv has to... otherwise I'll have to wait a MONTH before it will automatically void itself.

Old 06-24-2009, 05:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'd keep calling.

And a little trick I learned from a woman at work is to NOT press any buttons. Just sit there - for some reason you get connected faster this way. She spends a lot of time on the phone calling businesses.

I hope you get this all figured out.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:22 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

That trick works great Stephanie. I think it's because if you don't press any buttons, the system assumes you're on a rotary dialed phone. I've done that to get through faster as well and it works.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:42 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

I don't have any advice but I sympathize, that's really annoying.

Creating for Kristin Cronin-Barrow,Kay Miller, Shabby Miss Jehn, Kitty Design, K Studio, Ju Kneipp, Kaye Winiecki.

Seaside by Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 06-24-2009, 06:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've also pushed zero several times, and then I get customer service. Not just once...but 3 or 4 times in a row. (not with Proactive, but many many other things)
Old 06-24-2009, 06:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

OMGAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I tried calling AGAIN. It's not one of those systems where you push buttons... it's one of those obnoxious ones where you actually SAY what you want to do. So I stayed silent and after asking me over and over and over what I wanted to do, it said it was transferring me to an agent. WELL, that's when it keeps saying "i'm sorry we cannot process this call... please hang up." This is soooo frustrating!!!!!!!

Old 06-24-2009, 07:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Worst customer service ever. I'm canceling my account. I finally got through and the woman says they only charged me once and they can't cancel it... there's "nothing she can do about it." I am so mad.

Old 06-24-2009, 08:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Don't let them get away with it Megan.

Report it again to paypal and see again if there isn't something they can do.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I order it as I need it from eBay.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4noisyboys View Post
Don't let them get away with it Megan.

Report it again to paypal and see again if there isn't something they can do.
Oh, I did call Paypal AGAIN. Got the same answer. So hubby saw how frustrated I was getting and he jumped on the phone with Proactiv and DEMANDED they contact Paypal and sort out the mess. They say they will... hopefully it gets taken care of. Otherwise I won't see that money for another month. Blah. I already canceled Proactiv's ability to bill me through Paypal again cuz they pissed me off.

Old 06-25-2009, 09:49 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Megan, are you serious? This CS rep just denies they double charged you and they think "that's that?" Um, I don't think so, sister.

You have PROOF that they double billed you right there in your paypal records. Call Proactive and demand a supervisor, then demand a fax number or an email (not the generic one either, a supervisor's email) to which you can send them directly the proof of the double charge. Let them know you've got the proof on your side and you expect it corrected or you'll file with the BBB...If you do indeed get a manager then be sure and let them know the CS rep is incompetent and needs to be retrained on the finer skills of customer service.

This CS rep thinking its the end of the issue just because she deny's the charge is totally bogus. Get a clue people, there is proof so make it right...Not sure what the status is right now, but taking more of people's money than they rightfully owe is stealing in my book. They need to be accountable and immediately. HUGS sweetie!! So sorry this happened to you

For the record, I never ever had any problem at all with Proactive when I used the product, and I used it for MANY years. This seems like very strange behavior to me, and again I'm so sorry it happened!!!!
Old 06-25-2009, 08:29 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sczos911 View Post
I'd keep calling.

And a little trick I learned from a woman at work is to NOT press any buttons. Just sit there - for some reason you get connected faster this way. She spends a lot of time on the phone calling businesses.

I hope you get this all figured out.
I tried this once... it was some frustrating system and I really just wanted to talk to a person... it ended up hanging up on me.