Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2011, 11:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oooh! I just bought it (online) a couple days ago and I'm waiting for it to come in the mail!!! I have been working out with Gilad in the mean time! He'll kick your butt too! lol

I can't wait for my DVD to get here!!!!

Creating for Melissa Bennett & Lliella Designs!!

Old 01-21-2011, 01:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaof3 View Post
I'm doing day 8 tonight. One more night of level one and then I'm going to give level two a shot. I'm still having a little bit of a problem completely the ab part. But I figure my c-section scar is only 10 weeks old and its still sore/tender so thats whats keeping me from being able to finish the that last set of abs (but then my scar is very painful for me).
After my c-section, it was probably 6 months before I could work out at my regular level of intensity... I couldn't hop/jump like before without it bothering me, and definitely the ab routines were more of a struggle. I thought I might never be back to normal, but I finally got there. It was a lot different than after my first two babies (not c-sections), where I went back to working out after 6 weeks and had no trouble getting back into the swing of things.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I bought this the other day, just have to wait for it to arrive. I figured I needed something that I could do at home in the hour between the time I drop the little one off at school & dh goes to sleep (he works graveyard shift) until I have to go back and pick the kids up from school. And 20 minutes sounds great, cause I will have time to shower if I need to after. lol
Do I need anything besides my tv & dvd player??? how much room do I need in the living room (my living room is rather narrow between the couch & the tv on the wall, and I can't move either to get more room)? I have just enough room to do some stuff on the Wii Fit board (some of them, I have to move so I am off kilter to the tv just to have the room).
Old 01-24-2011, 06:18 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Uhm, ouch? It was finally here and I found time to start doing it yesterday. I have to admit, I was giggling a lot while watching it. It's just so...so cliché American to me. Can't really tell why.

Very good though. Pretty old school compared to what is popular in Germany at the moment, but I liked it. Seemed effective for a 20 minute work-out. At least judging by the way I can still feel my thighs today. I'm definitely out of shape, I haven't been working out the last months.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:19 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuneskids View Post
Do I need anything besides my tv & dvd player??? how much room do I need in the living room (my living room is rather narrow between the couch & the tv on the wall, and I can't move either to get more room)? I have just enough room to do some stuff on the Wii Fit board (some of them, I have to move so I am off kilter to the tv just to have the room).
You need some smaller hand weights (5-10 pounds) to do the strength part. At least in the first part, I'm not at the higher levels yet
My living room isn't very roomy either with all the furniture we have, but there's still enough room. You have to do jumping jacks, push-ups, and side lunges and laying on the floor, so if you have enough room for that, you should be ok. (at least from what I can tell from level 1 so far)

Creating for Melissa Bennett & Lliella Designs!!

Old 01-24-2011, 12:05 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

haha i use 2 pounds and thats good for me.. LOLOL I'm such a wuss. I haven't been doing it daily. That with skiing was way too much for me.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:22 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

10 pounds is way too much. I use 3lb weights, and even that is hard at level 3. Even Jillian doesn't use more than 5lb weights. She actually mentions it in one of the levels (I can't remember which). The goal of 30DS is high rep, low weight, which is good for toning muscles instead of bulking up.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:50 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I bought the DVD last fall and only did it twice before giving up. Now that the holidays are over and they were so willing to leave me with a few extra pounds I decided to get back into it. I've done it 3 times in the last week (every other day) and I'm already feeling like it is a bit easier. I was SUPER sore after the first day and almost out of breath after the jumping jacks in the warm up part! By the 3rd time it was much easier and I really pushed myself AND I'm not as sore! I even walked one mile on the treadmill after finishing the 30 DS!

Now I'm trying to find the motivation to do it again today.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just bought this today on Amazon. I am scared but excited!! I hope I can keep up with it!

~~Siggie by Laura (emmasmommy)~~
Old 01-28-2011, 01:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

If I can do it, anybody can do it!
I started on Wed and I wanted to die, seriously, but I stuck with it again both yesterday and today. I was a bit discouraged this morning when i jumped on the scale and it's telling I weigh 4 kilos more than when I started, but hey, I'm just going to believe that its a fluke and keep going...not sure if I'll actually weigh again before the 30 days are up

Old 01-28-2011, 02:18 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

Just got it from my Netflix subscription and I'm gonna try it this afternoon! You all have me worried I'm gonna be hurtin! But I'm sure it will be worth it!!!

Old 01-28-2011, 02:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

well, I have done three days so far, I hurt way less today than I did the last two days. I've been doing it in the afternoons while the kids are in school & hubby is sleeping. I haven't picked up any weights yet, I've made due with a couple of water bottles that I stole from hubby's flat of water for work. Seems to be working well. My friend gave my some 5 lb weights, but I find them way to heavy, so she is going to grab me some 2 lb ones when she goes shopping next, since I bought two copies of the dvd (one for me, and one for her). I need to pick up a mat though, my hard wood floors are brutal and the blanket I've been using just slides all over the place. lol

I refuse to step on the scale until the weekend (as part of skinny jeans weekly weigh in). I know I feel better overall, I've been sleeping much better at night and find I have more energy during the day (despite feeling like I had to waddle around to ease muscles. lol).
Old 02-16-2011, 02:30 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Okay so I have been doing this religiously for 19 days, today is the 20th day. I am not sure I see a difference. When did everyone start seeing weight come off when they were doing this. I know the first few days were killer then I moved on to level 2 which was a killer for a few days, now tomorrow I will start level 3 which scares me.

I am in the habit of doing it everyday now which isn't an issue I just want to see some sort of results. My problem areas are my thighs and belly.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:46 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

Are your clothes fitting better/looser? Are you more energetic? Are you sleeping better at night? Do you FEEL better, overall?
Old 02-16-2011, 03:01 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

I definitely don't feel as tired, I feel like my clothes are fitting better, can't really tell, I feel like they are baggier, if that is a word. I am definitely not as hungry as I was before. So I guess it is helping, I just thought I would see more. Not sleeping better, sleeping about the same. I wake up at 5 everyday instead of 6:00.

Another question once I am done with the 30 days should I keep doing it everyday, or should I start something new. My plan was to keep doing it but do level three everyday. What have you girls done after the initial 30 days have been done?

I have also been eating better, and I gave up all soda, which is a huge downfall for me. I love that it doesn't even taste good to me right now, I took a sip of some left by my hubby yesterday and I couldn't even swallow it, it was was too sweet. I do drink tea still and crystal light but absolutely no soda.

Last edited by livyryan; 02-16-2011 at 03:24 PM.