Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 07-09-2014, 12:32 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default When you try to explain Game of Thrones..

to someone who has never read it do you sound like this? B/C I do every time (warning he uses a couple of ugly words) So funny!

http://youtu.be/qJoW7Vnf-0E

Old 07-09-2014, 12:46 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

LOL! That is too funny! And yes, it totally sounds like that haha.
Old 07-09-2014, 03:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Haha, that was fun. :-D :-D

I usually explain the general setting and the multiple point-of-view approach, and how the narrators are unreliable... and the high quality of writing and how this is not a usual fantasy thing so it's acceptable for non-fantasy fans. Seems to be working. :-)

And ahem, that was me explaining ASoIAF, not GoT, eh? Right.

Old 07-09-2014, 09:39 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

First off, he's totally lying, it took him 3:10 -- not 2 minutes as advertised in the video title ... but to be totally fair, I really only made it through the first 15 seconds of his monologue. I never try to explain GOT to anyone, I insist they spend the endless hours actually reading the books, ha, ha
Old 07-10-2014, 01:32 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ha!

I haven't read the books. DH bought the first season of the series and has most of the other seasons recorded. I'm scared to even watch it though. I don't do well with tons of violence. Although for some reason I can handle The Walking Dead. Well, I do close my eyes some. I stopped watching The Vikings in the second season because I got tired of all the violence. I didn't make it past the 3rd episode of Breaking Bad. I don't do well with dissolving bodies or cutting them up. Unless it's a zombie and I guess that I can handle (with my eyes shut).

Anyway, still trying to decide about watching GoT.
Old 07-10-2014, 02:01 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

i couldn't watch it becuase i'm only on book 2!!! his writing is so phenomenal though. there are some patches where i have to read the same paragraph a few times to get it to sink in, but for the most part, he's totally got me captured with his writing style

Old 07-10-2014, 02:26 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryinaz View Post
Ha!

I haven't read the books. DH bought the first season of the series and has most of the other seasons recorded. I'm scared to even watch it though. I don't do well with tons of violence. Although for some reason I can handle The Walking Dead. Well, I do close my eyes some. I stopped watching The Vikings in the second season because I got tired of all the violence. I didn't make it past the 3rd episode of Breaking Bad. I don't do well with dissolving bodies or cutting them up. Unless it's a zombie and I guess that I can handle (with my eyes shut).

Anyway, still trying to decide about watching GoT.
I hate violence. I never even watch detective stories... I never knew what I was in for when I started reading ASOIAF, but the writing is SO good that I decided I don't mind the violence - or rather, I tolerate it because it's never violence for violence's sake. I'm not sure if I can say the same thing about the show adaptation (I know a lot about it even though I never watched) - so I don't watch it. It's a pity because the production and actor choice are so good, but still. I won't risk it. My guess is it's not a show for you, either...

Last edited by adrianka; 07-10-2014 at 02:28 AM.
Old 07-10-2014, 02:27 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi&co. View Post
i couldn't watch it becuase i'm only on book 2!!! his writing is so phenomenal though. there are some patches where i have to read the same paragraph a few times to get it to sink in, but for the most part, he's totally got me captured with his writing style
Agreed, the books are extremely well-written. Aaaaaw and you still have so much to read, ENJOY!!!!