Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 07-12-2014, 10:04 AM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm
Default How would you handle this... (baby gift)

So my baby cousin is pregnant. For each week of her pregnancy she posted a photo of herself in a different yoga pose. Also she is a belly dancer and she posted several photos of her doing a dance while about 6 months pregnant so she has that big round belly in the the photos and she looks beautiful!

Anyway, I have always done crafty stuff with my cousins and got them into scrapbooking way back when. So I asked her if she was going to scrapbook and she said she planned to. I told her about project life and she wants to try it. As part of her gifts, I bought her the Becky higgins project life baby core kit (yellows and greys), an a little boy blue We R Memory keepers Designer album and I will get her page protectors too. Yesterday I downloaded all her pregnancy photos from Facebook and was going to print them for her so she could get a jump start. Then I started thinking maybe I should add some simple digital stuff to the photos before I print them, like maybe add the week numbers the photos were taken.

So what do you think? Should I send them plain or add something to the photos? On one hand I don't want to step on her toes creativity wise. I don't want her to feel like I am "taking over". On the other hand I thought it would be cute to include them.

I could also print double copies of each photo so she has both the plain ones and the decorated one.
Old 07-12-2014, 11:09 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'd not print anything on them. That way she can make the album truly hers. Maybe you can add in some cute cards you've printed additionally, or include an offer to help her with it and show her how to use digital stuff as well.
Old 07-12-2014, 11:15 AM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

yep.. I'd keep them plain! That's really awesome you're getting all the stuff for her to get going though :]
Old 07-12-2014, 11:31 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'd also keep them plain.

I did want to add that you might want to let her know about how some people take weekly (or monthly) pics of the baby next to a stuffed animal. It is really fun to see the baby tiny and then after a year or so the baby is big playing with the toy. I love looking through those photos. Just an idea.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:13 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

Ok plain it is, and some coordinating cards.

I also realized that I made her a few scrapbook flair badges (I have a button maker) using cards from my baby core kit. I will make her some matching week no. badges that coordinate with that weeks photos she posted.

Awe, that is a cute idea. I saw a super cool layout of a woman at the end of her pregnancy taking a selfie of her cradling her big belly and then a duplicate photo of her cradling the baby the same way.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sastampink View Post
Awe, that is a cute idea. I saw a super cool layout of a woman at the end of her pregnancy taking a selfie of her cradling her big belly and then a duplicate photo of her cradling the baby the same way.
I love that idea too!
Old 07-12-2014, 07:19 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I would keep them plain too since she says she is going to scrap!!!