Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 12-29-2017, 07:21 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default PSA: Google Photos

So if you have a Google account, you also have access to Photos & can store an unlimited amount of photos as long as they're at a smaller size (big enough to scrap with or print a 4x6 with but not the original native file size). I've been uploading my photos over the last two weeks and have gotten mid-2008 to the present on my account.

I've been using it when I scrap, and it is the best thing ever.

The program recognizes the things (or faces --- you can add names to people) in your pictures so search for Christmas & everything with Christmas trees or ornaments or decorations or Santa pops up (or any photos taken on December 25th), search for birthday and all your photos with cake will pop up, search for beach and all your beach photos pop up, etc.

It's definitely not fool-proof (and there's no way that I know of that you can add tags like in ACDSee) but it's way better than actually having to tag all those things yourself or relying on your memory for a certain photo you may have taken and where it would be located on your hard drive.

I just finished a page where I wanted a cute photo of my daughter that didn't have any particular story behind it so I went to Google Photos, typed in her name, and all of the photos I have of her from the past 8 1/2 years came up in a second or two. I scrolled down to find a photo i'd forgotten about, downloaded it from the program itself (easier than having to get up and plug in my EHD to get the photo off of there ), and brought it into Photoshop.

If you don't already have your pics tagged in Picasa or Bridge or ACDSee or LR (or even if you do -- ha!), you should look into it.
Old 12-29-2017, 08:13 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I've only just started using Google photos - mainly so I can share photos with family without having them on my facebook feed, or having to email them. I've not started using it as a full-on back-up yet, but am considering it. Any other tips and tricks you find out about it let me know.
Old 12-29-2017, 08:35 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I've been using Amazon Photos...it's awesome but only available if you have a Prime account.

Old 12-29-2017, 09:43 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Hmm cool info to know. I need a backup for my photos and I have a few Google accounts. ROFL. So I've got a lot of space I could be using. lol