Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 03-15-2020, 11:04 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Mid month Passport check-in

Just curious how you are coming on this month's passport. I started the month very strong, but have hit a few roadblocks. I'm also struggling with a couple of the prompts.

How about you? How ya coming? Any prompts holding you up? Have you found a prompt to be more challenging than another?

Has all the changes with the Coronavirus messed up your scrappin time?

I am hoping to finish the month strong. I'd love to fully complete the card. Fingers crossed!

Oh and share with me your personally created favorite LO thus far for the March Passport, please. I also love seeing your pages!

Old 03-15-2020, 12:05 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I only got two done, with moving early this month I just haven't gotten my groove back. So I decided to just wait until April and start fresh.

Old 03-15-2020, 12:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to lorigaud

... I have done ZERO so far. However, now that my school is closed for the next 2 weeks, I anticipate more scrapping time. About to start on one now, in fact.

Old 03-15-2020, 02:17 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm doing pretty well, I think. I've done 12 of the prompts. This has helped me as I re-enter the scrapping world. lol I took an almost 7 year break from scrapping and I'm getting back into the groove of things.

I just posted one, Read - Unlock Your Imagination, so it's a favorite. But that's hard... I like the one I did of a mid 80s pic of my Mom, and I like the string art one 'cause it reminds me of a string (wire) ship my Dad made. I like the compass layout with the scripture on it and I like the one showing some of my youngest son's artwork. lol I guess I'll say Wonderful is my favorite because I love the picture and greenery.

My messed up EHD has slowed the scrapping for me this past half week. That issue hasn't been resolved yet. Then the corona virus situation has diverted my attention...and given me a headache.

I have been putting off some of the prompts 'cause I don't have a plan for them yet. #5: List: 5 New Ideas, #8: Quote : Mistakes are the Portals of Discovery and especially #14. Currently : Inventing...

I haven't done #3: Featured : Flergs + Blagovesta, #10: Typography: Andrea Bilarosa Font or #11: Wild Card: Scrap Anything You'd Like but those shouldn't be hard. Just gotta make/take time to do them.
Old 03-15-2020, 02:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have 3 spots left to fill, but we are going on an 11day vacation soon so it will be a crunch to get it done even with just 3 left.
Old 03-15-2020, 03:12 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have 11 completed so far and anticipate getting the rest finished next week. My vacation has been cancelled due to COVID-19 and the schools are also closed until April 5 so I have an extra 2 weeks off. Should get March complete and a start on April's.
Old 03-15-2020, 05:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Kiana*~ View Post
I only got two done, with moving early this month I just haven't gotten my groove back. So I decided to just wait until April and start fresh.
Kiana, hope you find your mojo. I am sure it is only on a temporary hiatus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorigaud View Post
... I have done ZERO so far. However, now that my school is closed for the next 2 weeks, I anticipate more scrapping time. About to start on one now, in fact.
Lori, fingers crossed that getting the unexpected 2 week break gives you some scrapping time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetChar View Post
I'm doing pretty well, I think. I've done 12 of the prompts. This has helped me as I re-enter the scrapping world. lol I took an almost 7 year break from scrapping and I'm getting back into the groove of things
Charlene, Welcome back to scrappin and you are nailing the challenges! Your pages are fabulous! Loved your take on the string art. I am struggling with that one. Keep on pluggng you've got this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellasspace View Post
I have 3 spots left to fill, but we are going on an 11day vacation soon so it will be a crunch to get it done even with just 3 left.
Ella, I noticed you have been kicking out the pages! Way to get it done! Enjoy your vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaye View Post
I have 11 completed so far and anticipate getting the rest finished next week. My vacation has been cancelled due to COVID-19 and the schools are also closed until April 5 so I have an extra 2 weeks off. Should get March complete and a start on April's.
Jaye, sounds like you have plan! Bummer your vacay was cancelled due to COVID-19, but yay for more scrapping time.

Old 03-15-2020, 07:45 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

I just started back scrapping after a 5 year break (my computer died and I just got a new laptop and subscribed to PS ) and I am sooo excited to get started !
Old 03-15-2020, 07:51 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm about half done, but since we are home bound for 6 weeks... I think I'll be able to finish
Old 03-15-2020, 08:50 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I had told Tammy at the beginning of this month that I wasn't worrying about finishing this month's passport. I came down with a sickness that has just exhausted me and is trying to keep me from the computer. I didn't want to stress about scrapping and finishing this month so I can focus on myself and things that needed to be done offline. So while I'm scrapping, I'm not really trying to finish it. But hopefully by next month I'll have kicked this nasty virus to the curb and be back to my old (and I mean OLD) self!
Old 03-15-2020, 08:53 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Where are you going??

Quote:
I'm really sorry it was cancelled! Where were you heading for your vacation?
Old 03-15-2020, 09:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Well....we still have half of a month to work on it, right? I think I'm going to need it at this moment!

I'm trying to make sure the girls are not on their phones all the time during this shut down...but that means I have to do things with them instead of scrapping and being on the computer myself.

I think I'm not going to quite get as much scrapping done as I would if they were at school! I'll make it work though!
Old 03-15-2020, 10:57 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I wasn't really feeling the prompts for March (they just didn't seem to line up with the things I'm trying to get done) so I decided that I'm just going to make sure I make at least 17 pages to add to my Disney & Project Life books (2019&2020). I even let myself buy double the amount with my February passport discount since I decided to forgo the March one

But...I'm not very far along with those 17 pages...been so busy after-hours for school preparing for distance learning. And also consumed with thoughts/talk about possibly evacuating our location. And clearing my personal belongings out of my classroom in case we leave quickly. It's been an intense & exhausting 3 weeks of mental gymnastics! Last night, we got a call saying that we're all leaving in the next few days. I brought suitcases up from the basement, packed one & about 5 minutes after I zipped it, got another call that we're staying.
But, now that I'm packed "just in case", and ready for the first 2 "learn at home" days, and have scheduled "mom's scrapbooking time" onto our spring break/distance learning schedule, maybe I can get productive!
Old 03-15-2020, 11:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm not as far along as I would like, the past 2 months I was pretty much done by now. The prompts this month, just aren't speaking to me, hubby is on day shift, so we're hanging out more after work, and I'm working on some other projects. Night shift starts this week, so I'll have some more mojo coming.
Old 03-16-2020, 02:51 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

I think I have done 3 so far. It was a busy start to the month with family visiting, extra work and my 50th birthday so I’m hoping the rest of the month will be more productive scrapping wise. I am finding some of the prompts a bit more challenging than usual but I will figure it out if I get the time.

Old 03-17-2020, 02:11 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Are you still going on your vacation, Ella??
Old 03-18-2020, 07:36 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I have 3 pages to go. but I'm working more than ever, my job was so fun, easy and relaxed now is stressing not due to getting the virus, which I'm not afraid, but for the supplying of products, they go as they come and the entire supply chain for convenience stores is failing, so all the admins, me included are like crazee trying to fill the shelves. And is worst for my store as we live in kinda an island, a closed neighborhood where the closest supermarket is 15 minutes by car so that's a big no no, as you can't be out of your house w/o an official authorization. So far it's till the end of the month but I guess it will be longer.
Old 03-18-2020, 07:48 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I think i have 5 or 6 done.

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 03-18-2020, 12:08 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I finished last night thanks to social distancing. Now on to finishing my Disney book for 2018 trips. I had trouble with a couple prompts too, but eventually something came to me - I used the "loose interpretation/inspired by the prompt" rule to help!
Old 03-18-2020, 12:50 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneysheryl View Post
I finished last night thanks to social distancing. Now on to finishing my Disney book for 2018 trips. I had trouble with a couple prompts too, but eventually something came to me - I used the "loose interpretation/inspired by the prompt" rule to help!
Wow! That's awesome, Sheryl!!
Old 03-18-2020, 01:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneysheryl View Post
Yay for you! Congrats on getting it done! Good luck getting your Disney book completed.

I might have to go with the "loose interpretations" too...lol...

Old 03-18-2020, 01:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I only have about 6 done. For some reason, I'm having a hard time coming up with ideas for this month.
Old 03-19-2020, 02:08 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

I think I have two or three done. My mind just isn’t into scrapping right now. It’s like I’m paralyzed with fear. Some of the prompts are so wide open I can’t seem to focus in on just a single idea.
Old 03-24-2020, 04:42 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm really struggling with the last one for me this month- #8- Quote "Mistakes are the Portals of Discovery"

I've looked through the inspiration thread & while I love everyone else's quote layouts, I just can't figure out what to scrap for mine... I'm kinda over scrapping this current situation. I was going to do a puppy one- but she's definitely not a mistake- just a lot more work than I remembered! lol!

Any ideas!? help!
Old 03-24-2020, 06:55 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieN1 View Post
I'm really struggling with the last one for me this month- #8- Quote "Mistakes are the Portals of Discovery"

I've looked through the inspiration thread & while I love everyone else's quote layouts, I just can't figure out what to scrap for mine... I'm kinda over scrapping this current situation. I was going to do a puppy one- but she's definitely not a mistake- just a lot more work than I remembered! lol!

Any ideas!? help!
I saved that one for last, too! lol I wasn't sure what I was going to do, either, for quite a while.

Have you made any cooking mistakes that turned out okay? Or ordered the wrong thing online but it turned out well? Any big decisions in your life that you thought you might have made a mistake in what you chose, but it worked out for the best?

I don't think a lot of people have tackled that prompt yet. Good luck! I'm sure you'll come up with something.
Old 03-24-2020, 07:14 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I got mine finished. I struggled with the Pop Culture one but once I settled down it came together.
Old 03-24-2020, 07:29 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I got mine finished. I struggled with the Pop Culture one but once I settled down it came together.
I saw yours in the thread!!! It was gorgeous!!!

I've been slowly plucking along and I think I have five more to do
5 - Lists (I usually save this one towards the last)
8 - Quote (Like Amie, I haven't figured out how to use it)
12 - Four Quadrants (I'm lazy)
16 - Pop Culture (I have to photograph my son's project)
17 - Details (I keep forgetting)

All totally doable in the week we have left. If I finish, it'll be awesome since I wasn't planning on playing along this month!
Old 03-24-2020, 07:57 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

Quote:

I've looked through the inspiration thread & while I love everyone else's quote layouts, I just can't figure out what to scrap for mine... I

Any ideas!? help!
me too!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-24-2020, 08:02 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

Any ideas!? help!
Amie, don't you bake cupcakes? Maybe you could do a page about messing a batch up & what you learned from it?

This came to mind because a friend & I were making a cake for another friend's baby shower. The cake was a disaster (looks-wise), and we had to start over. We were talking to another friend, telling her that we were going to have to throw the cake out and start over. Her response was, "Isn't it still edible?" LOL! So, we learned that we could still eat the cake even though it didn't look good.
Old 03-24-2020, 10:43 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
Amie, don't you bake cupcakes? Maybe you could do a page about messing a batch up & what you learned from it?

This came to mind because a friend & I were making a cake for another friend's baby shower. The cake was a disaster (looks-wise), and we had to start over. We were talking to another friend, telling her that we were going to have to throw the cake out and start over. Her response was, "Isn't it still edible?" LOL! So, we learned that we could still eat the cake even though it didn't look good.
Lol that's funny! I've been making cupcakes for 8+ years (not to brag or anything...) so I don't mess up often! I think I am just going to do one about the puppy... she's a handful... but not a mistake! lol!
Old 03-25-2020, 12:20 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Much less scrapping time during March than February, unfortunately! With the schools shut down here now, I have my 4 children at home (all between ages 3 and 8) so they need a lot of hands-on play and activity time with me. At night, I've been pretty exhausted from information overload related to COVID-19 so haven't been in the right mindset to scrap. I'm hoping to use it as a mindfulness time when I next get the chance. xx

Creative for Grace Lee & Scrapping with Liz
Guesting for LJS Designs in Nov-Dec 2020
Old 03-25-2020, 04:59 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Lol that's funny! I've been making cupcakes for 8+ years (not to brag or anything...) so I don't mess up often! I think I am just going to do one about the puppy... she's a handful... but not a mistake! lol!
That makes sense. I'm looking forward to seeing your puppy page!!