Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > Sweet Stuff from the Sweet Shoppe
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2009, 05:47 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

Well looks like I'm in the same boat as the rest of you. I may be done trying out for CT teams as well. I can't seem to make it onto any!

Congratulations to those who did make it! You must be FABULOUS!

Thanks again for the Opportunity Kristen.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:31 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I got a no as well. congratulations to those who made the team. thanks Kristin for the chance to apply to be on your team

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Last edited by jessica31876; 10-08-2009 at 02:39 AM.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I didn't make the team either but, I know that these decisions are SO hard for the designers to make. I know the team chosen will be fabulous.

Congrats to all you lucky girls......

Creating for: Krystal Hartley
Old 10-08-2009, 08:41 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

I really don't like when people say they are done applying...you have to keep putting yourself out there and you will grow so much as a scrapper and land that dream team one day! We have ALL been there so don't give up!!

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 10-08-2009, 10:56 AM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlirtatiousBrat View Post
I really don't like when people say they are done applying...you have to keep putting yourself out there and you will grow so much as a scrapper and land that dream team one day! We have ALL been there so don't give up!!
Well said, Meg!! I got a 'no' as well but am definitely applying again in 6 months. Congrats to those who made it this time around...

Proudly Creating for:
Melissa Bennett // Krystal Hartley // MandaBean // Jenn Barrette
Old 10-08-2009, 11:19 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to tettletop20 Send a message via Skype™ to tettletop20

Quote:
Good point! We can't give up trying!!
Old 10-08-2009, 12:34 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

Quote:
Ditto Meg!!! I was on only one team for like 18 months and I applied to many many designers here at SSD in that period of time and kept getting a no after no, it really broke my heart but then all the sudden within like a 2 month period I landed 2 sweet gigs here and was so so happy!!! I was so glad that I put myself out there and applied!!!!

Keep your chins up girls!! Your time to shine is right around the corner...I;m sure of it!!! all around!!!!

Congrats to all the girls that did make it!!!

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 10-08-2009, 08:46 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummytothree View Post
Ditto Meg!!! I was on only one team for like 18 months and I applied to many many designers here at SSD in that period of time and kept getting a no after no, it really broke my heart but then all the sudden within like a 2 month period I landed 2 sweet gigs here and was so so happy!!! I was so glad that I put myself out there and applied!!!!

Keep your chins up girls!! Your time to shine is right around the corner...I;m sure of it!!! all around!!!!

Congrats to all the girls that did make it!!!
I didn't mean to start something by saying I may not apply for anymore. I guess that was just my frustration talking at the time. Sorry.

How often do designers have a CT calling? I have applied to the only two I have known about. Is there another way of finding out about them? I'm really new to this whole thing, so I feel like I'm at a total disadvantage because I don't know all the "tricks", but I would really love to LEARN them!

Anyone have any advice for me?

Thanks for the extra encouragement. I'm glad to know others have felt the way I felt a few days ago!
Old 10-08-2009, 10:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to suze

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalee View Post
I didn't mean to start something by saying I may not apply for anymore. I guess that was just my frustration talking at the time. Sorry.

How often do designers have a CT calling? I have applied to the only two I have known about. Is there another way of finding out about them? I'm really new to this whole thing, so I feel like I'm at a total disadvantage because I don't know all the "tricks", but I would really love to LEARN them!

Anyone have any advice for me?

Thanks for the extra encouragement. I'm glad to know others have felt the way I felt a few days ago!
it really just depends. My advice to you is to come in talk up the forums, post your layouts in the gallery, leave feedback for others, and play the challenges. Also as everyone needs to focus in on where you can improve your layouts and photos. When designers are looking for ct's you have to remember this is their business. They need scrappers that will be there to support them, have high quality layouts and photo that fit their kits. That is what is great about the challenges they help you improve on those areas.

When I first came to sweetshoppe I would get frustrated sometimes too because I couldn't grab a spot. I worked my butt off doing the challenges, posting in the praise, and chatting away in the forums. I'm thankful that I picked up a guest gig with Eva and Darcy. Then I grew from there grabbing a spot with the awesome Traci Reed, then Krystal Hartley, then Shawna Clingerman, and then Christy Lyle. It took some time yea, but along the way I made tons of new friends. That's my advice for all it counts... hehehe

stick to it and be true to who you are and you'll land a spot with these fab ladies.

I have to say one thing I don't envy being a designer here with the amount of people and creative awesomeness they get when they do a call. I can't imagine how hard it is to choose. I know when I do land a spot here its because I worked my butt off to get it. Meg is exactly right tho.... I hate to hear when people get down, don't worry we've all been there.

best of luck in your future calls, and thanks to the designers that have us, and keep rocking the layouts ladies and you'll grab one.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

You said all of this perfectly Susan!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrobinson08 View Post
it really just depends. My advice to you is to come in talk up the forums, post your layouts in the gallery, leave feedback for others, and play the challenges. Also as everyone needs to focus in on where you can improve your layouts and photos. When designers are looking for ct's you have to remember this is their business. They need scrappers that will be there to support them, have high quality layouts and photo that fit their kits. That is what is great about the challenges they help you improve on those areas.

When I first came to sweetshoppe I would get frustrated sometimes too because I couldn't grab a spot. I worked my butt off doing the challenges, posting in the praise, and chatting away in the forums. I'm thankful that I picked up a guest gig with Eva and Darcy. Then I grew from there grabbing a spot with the awesome Traci Reed, then Krystal Hartley, then Shawna Clingerman, and then Christy Lyle. It took some time yea, but along the way I made tons of new friends. That's my advice for all it counts... hehehe

stick to it and be true to who you are and you'll land a spot with these fab ladies.

I have to say one thing I don't envy being a designer here with the amount of people and creative awesomeness they get when they do a call. I can't imagine how hard it is to choose. I know when I do land a spot here its because I worked my butt off to get it. Meg is exactly right tho.... I hate to hear when people get down, don't worry we've all been there.

best of luck in your future calls, and thanks to the designers that have us, and keep rocking the layouts ladies and you'll grab one.

Old 10-08-2009, 11:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to suze

Quote:
Originally Posted by neenee View Post
You said all of this perfectly Susan!
oh thanks hun... I was hoping it didn't sound like a rant
Old 10-08-2009, 11:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
oh thanks hun... I was hoping it didn't sound like a rant
No way girl. You were right on. You really do have to work your butt off to get on some teams. Although, mine is still just as large as ever.....what's up with that?

Old 10-09-2009, 12:21 AM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

Quote:

Thanks for the great advice. I really appreciate the great ideas. I will continue to "work my butt off"
Old 10-09-2009, 01:53 AM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

I did not got any mail at all...did you got a "no thank you" mail?
I really wanted to be on this team ...maybe next time

Old 10-09-2009, 04:03 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Natalee, I just wanted to add that the best way to apply for a CT is to continue to scrap and put your heart into it. I find for my pages, they really shine if I had some emotional investment when I created the page. Just another way for us to improve to get noticed.

Happily scrapping for:
Tracie Stroud, Dani Mogstad, Krystal Hartley, Megan Turnidge, Kristin Cronin Barrow
Scrap Orchard, Polka Dot Plum, Elemental Scraps

Old 10-09-2009, 09:27 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I think Susan said one important thing more - scrap and stay who you are. When you get your dream spot then, you really enjoy it.

I had been in Kristin's team before I had a difficult pregnancy and it was amazing. Now I'm hoping to get into CT scrapping again so I'm starting again and yes - I am prepared for some NOs as well.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

You girls are SO right.
I really understand when I hear a "no". There's so many amazing and talented scrappers out there... I think a "no" is not a "personal" thing is just a thing that happened in that moment. And a "no" we all already have. We must keep trying, take our chances or we'll never be surprised with that so wanted 'yes'.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:49 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilachO View Post
I did not got any mail at all...did you got a "no thank you" mail?
I really wanted to be on this team ...maybe next time
Everyone who applied should have received an email.. perhaps check your spam box if you didn't?

Please PM me here if you did not receive anything.

I am so sorry for those that are sad about the call. The good news is there is hope again in just 6 short months from now and I'm sure the amazing designers here will also be having calls Keep scrapping!!! These memories you scrap will be cherished for life
Old 10-09-2009, 08:36 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

Quote:
I absolutely could not agree more with this!

You can't let this stuff get you down. I know it's hard. I have definitely been there too, trust me! You have to keep working hard, and like Jill said, the pages that have the most emotional investment are usually my best pages. You also never know exactly what designers are looking for. You may be a great scrapper, but have other things going on that would make them choose someone else, kwim?

My advice, scrap for YOU. Scrap YOUR style. Don't try to be someone else, and don't try to make what you think other people are looking for. It doesn't work. I did this for a long time and it wasn't until I started doing my pages for me, that I got what I had always strived for. Hang in there guys. Dreams can come true. Don't get discouraged!