Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2018, 02:15 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default New Year's Eve and New Year's Day Traditions

Normally, we have a quiet night at home, watching movies with the family. A few years we have gone to friends' houses to celebrate.
This year will be very different... both of our boys have girlfriends and will be celebrating with those families (we won't have a party here, because all of our family, and most of our friends are back in CA).

So, this year, it's just hubby and me. We'll do the usual - stay home and watch movies, ring in the New Year, pick up our youngest son and go to bed. LOL! Aren't we the party animals?!

We'll probably watch The Rose Parade on TV and have a nice, late breakfast together on New Year's Day.

What are your plans? Do you do the same thing every year, or are you adventurous and change it up?

BTW... Happy New Year!!! I hope that 2019 is a fabulous year for everyone!!
Old 12-31-2018, 02:51 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

New Year's Eve (today!) is my husband's birthday! So over the years, we've had friends over for game-night type of party, but this year he said he just wanted to lay low. We are going out to dinner at one of his favorite restaurants & the kids are going out to the lake house with the inlaws- so we'll have an extra quiet night in!

For New Year's Day- we've always gone out to the lake house (to pick up kids!) and gone sledding. We usually make a day out of it- but this year- the snow has been seriously lacking. We have a skiff at home & maybe a bit more at the lake, but not enough for sledding. Boo mother nature! I'm not sure what we'll do- probably just a lazy, clean up Christmas decor day.
Old 12-31-2018, 03:28 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Unless we are going to hang with friends which doesn't happen often, it's usually just us, home with lots of snacks/finger foods, sparkling grape juice and movies and games.

Old 12-31-2018, 03:49 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieN1 View Post
New Year's Eve (today!) is my husband's birthday! So over the years, we've had friends over for game-night type of party, but this year he said he just wanted to lay low. We are going out to dinner at one of his favorite restaurants & the kids are going out to the lake house with the inlaws- so we'll have an extra quiet night in!

For New Year's Day- we've always gone out to the lake house (to pick up kids!) and gone sledding. We usually make a day out of it- but this year- the snow has been seriously lacking. We have a skiff at home & maybe a bit more at the lake, but not enough for sledding. Boo mother nature! I'm not sure what we'll do- probably just a lazy, clean up Christmas decor day.
Happy birthday to your hubby, Amie!! Sounds like it will be a wonderful night for you both!
We haven't had a lot of snow either. I hope you still have a good time! We took our Christmas down yesterday. It was kind of a relief

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Kiana*~ View Post
Unless we are going to hang with friends which doesn't happen often, it's usually just us, home with lots of snacks/finger foods, sparkling grape juice and movies and games.
Sounds like a nice evening, Kiana!!!
Old 12-31-2018, 04:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

On NYE we eat seafood. Specifically, we have crab legs every NYE. I found myself out trying to find the best price on crab legs today. I live in Kansas. Everything is shipped in, its not the best (nor priced the best) but my family loves it. Anyway, we usually stay up watching movies or playing board games or both. We keep it pretty low key around here for both days.

I'd love a big NYE party but it just never works out. We used to go out and celebrate at the bowling alley when they did a big night with cosmic bowling and 9 pin no tap. It was loads of fun. I miss that! Might have to see what they'd charge me to rent out the bowling alley next year and do something like that with friends... probably more than I'm willing to spend, but maybe it will give them an idea!
Old 12-31-2018, 06:10 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

It's been a few years that my husband and I don't even make it past midnight. What's the point... we don't party. Our girls are young. So it will be a nice evening of appetizers and go to bed as usual. lol
Old 12-31-2018, 10:29 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

We just go with the flow and do our thing every year, so no year is ever the same (not that I can remember?)

Well we had plans to watch movies in to the new year. However this morning when we all woke up, we decided to CLEAN the house. So today has been spent doing laundry, cleaning rooms and preparing ourselves to go in to the new year.

Right now the girls are cleaning their rooms, chatting and laughing about the year and what they expect will happen in 2019. My husband is snuggling with our son watching some silly kid show on Netflix and I'm scrapping in to the New Year!

Oh but the ONE thing that we had planned prior to today was Chic-fil-a....we had that. That was AMAZING!