Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 02-17-2021, 08:21 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm
Default Laptop recommendations

I currently have a 2 TB Bang & Olufsen Envy 17 inch laptop. It is about 4 years old and starting to show it's age. I am looking for a new one but am hoping for some recommendations. I want something that holds it battery life well and of course as a scrap booker storage (at least 2 TB) and color / screen is extremely important. Anyone have any recommendations for laptops and hints on where to purchase?
Old 02-17-2021, 08:24 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

When I finally decided on what I wanted for a laptop, I went to Dell to get mine. I went with the Inspirion collection and got something equivalent to this one
https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell...op/nn3793dtjph
Old 02-17-2021, 08:28 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

I had a 17" B & O Envy that I upgraded to a 1TB SSD! (I keep almost all my supplies on EHDs so I don't worry about having "just" 1TB.) I loved that thing. Sadly I can't give you a rec besides another Envy lol because it really is a workhorse and when I replaced it I ended up with a desktop. Good luck finding something you love!
Old 02-17-2021, 08:38 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I don't use my laptop to scrapbook...and I had mixed emotions about that when we built this computer (or rather my hubby built it, I just requested ) My laptop is a 15" Lenovo and I love the screen quality but the storage is very limited. If I could get a laptop with that screen quality and enough storage and in my price range...yeah, too many qualifiers. So....I have this super duper desktop with 2TB of storage, 64 GB of Ram, dual monitors, which I If I could figure out how to get 3 monitors on this desk that would be my next item on my wishlist.
Old 02-18-2021, 11:55 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Mine is getting to be about 4 years old now, too, but it's still working fantastically to be honest. I am surprised by how good it still is. It's a Dell. The only thing I would check on that I didn't realize was it's a big screen, but so thin that it actually separated on me and I had to take it in to be fixed. The guy said it was common in the big, thin screens. So now I have to be careful when I open it by holding all the sides.
Old 02-18-2021, 12:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just got a new laptop...I got a Lenovo Legion with 16 GB RAM, I7 Processor, SSD . It has a separate graphics card NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX™ 2060 6GB. It only has 1TB of space but I have a small 5TB portable EHD attached that has all my stuff on it. I just move what I need to my desktop as I work.

If you watch the website Dealnews you can get some good deals on laptops. They post sales all the time. <3
Old 02-18-2021, 04:38 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

Thanks everyone! These suggestions are really helpful.
Old 02-26-2021, 11:19 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

If you need a laptop with long battery life, then this is just a MacBook. They hold a charge for up to 10-11 hours, but it also depends on the load.