Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 06-13-2020, 12:49 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Unhappy Flergs - Any chance for an Adventure: Snake Kit?

I’m hoping someone can help get this message to the inimitable Flergs...

I have been watching with bated breath as the Adventure House kit collection has been released, one by one. My family is filled with a slew of Potterheads, and between my stepsons and daughter, their spouses, their children, my nieces and nephews, and my husband and me, we proudly hail from all four of the Hogwarts houses.

So I’ve been thrilled to see those House kits released and I’ve got plans to collect them all. But when the House Kit collection came out today and had the Adventure: Villains where House Slytherin should be, it made me think perhaps you’ve completed the set?

Do you have plans to create an “Adventure: Snake” kit for House Slytherin? One that focuses on the positive traits of the house, like ambition, leadership, and resourcefulness? Without all the evil Death Eater Dark Mark stuff?

If you don’t plan to put together a full kit, is there any chance you could do an add-on kit with some of those items, including the journaling card with the Hogwarts uniform in silver and green and the Slytherin crest, and some embellishments that are themed silver and green that mesh with the other three house kits?

Thank you so much for considering my request!

Writing & creating (but mostly writing) for The Sweet Shoppe!
Old 06-13-2020, 07:51 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

i think the villainkit is the slytherinkit, it has the colors of the house and snakes in it
Old 06-13-2020, 03:56 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Angie, here's the link

Since all of the houses are complete, she released a bundle this week:

I can't wait to see your layouts of the Potterheads in your house!!
Old 06-13-2020, 04:18 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Just wanted to comment too that Flergs updated the Adventure: Villains kit to include the House robes and a crest in case you hadn't seen her social media post about it.

Old 06-13-2020, 11:57 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsQueen82 View Post
Just wanted to comment too that Flergs updated the Adventure: Villains kit to include the House robes and a crest in case you hadn't seen her social media post about it.
Thanks for pointing that out. I hadn't yet received my copy of her newsletter when I posted my original note; I was a little too excited, and I guess I jumped the gun. Leave it to Flergs to anticipate her customers' requests... she's so good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
Angie, here's the link ... Since all of the houses are complete, she released a bundle this week:
<snip>
I can't wait to see your layouts of the Potterheads in your house!!
Craftytam, thanks for the links. I definitely saw the completed bundle, and it's what prompted my original question. I'm disappointed if the "Villains" kit is the only Slytherin set she's planning to produce. The imagery in the kit is overwhelmingly negative - skulls, dark marks, death eater masks, Tom Riddle's diary pierced by a basilisk fang, and a dementor. It's all fantastically evil and awesome for a kit focused on villains and I LOVE it for that...

...but for my family members who sort into that house, when I want to create pages that honor them? This just isn't a good kit to use.

There are good traits about Slytherins. They aren't all evil. I was just wondering if she had plans to either make a kit along those lines, or at least an add-on of supplemental elements. If the answer is yes, I'll wait patiently and save my monies to spend on the whole set because Flergs rocks! But if the answer is no, I guess I'll have to get started recoloring elements from the other kits and trying to create word strips that match as best I can.

Thanks for trying to help!

Writing & creating (but mostly writing) for The Sweet Shoppe!
Old 06-14-2020, 12:21 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

I would love a more pro-Slytherin add-on! My youngest is a Slytherin, and she totally embraces it, even though she's one of the sweetest, most thoughtful little girls you could meet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiekey View Post
I'm disappointed if the "Villains" kit is the only Slytherin set she's planning to produce. The imagery in the kit is overwhelmingly negative - skulls, dark marks, death eater masks, Tom Riddle's diary pierced by a basilisk fang, and a dementor. It's all fantastically evil and awesome for a kit focused on villains and I LOVE it for that...

...but for my family members who sort into that house, when I want to create pages that honor them? This just isn't a good kit to use.

There are good traits about Slytherins. They aren't all evil. I was just wondering if she had plans to either make a kit along those lines, or at least an add-on of supplemental elements. If the answer is yes, I'll wait patiently and save my monies to spend on the whole set because Flergs rocks! But if the answer is no, I guess I'll have to get started recoloring elements from the other kits and trying to create word strips that match as best I can.

Old 06-14-2020, 01:37 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiekey View Post
Craftytam, thanks for the links. I definitely saw the completed bundle, and it's what prompted my original question. I'm disappointed if the "Villains" kit is the only Slytherin set she's planning to produce. The imagery in the kit is overwhelmingly negative - skulls, dark marks, death eater masks, Tom Riddle's diary pierced by a basilisk fang, and a dementor. It's all fantastically evil and awesome for a kit focused on villains and I LOVE it for that...

You might want to PM Megan and give her some ideas. (or maybe she'll see this thread)
I've never really thought of positive traits associated with Slytherin. I'd love to hear your thoughts!
Old 06-14-2020, 07:38 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I was asked to create a Villains/Death Eater kit specifically originally. The other 3 houses only came about because people wanted them after this one came out.

Sorry that you feel it is all negative, there are elements inside that are just general Slytherin same as in the other 3 houses. I think the negative elements definitely do not make up the bulk of what is inside
Old 06-15-2020, 11:47 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I don't feel her kit is negative at all and embraces the color/spirit of House Slytherin. I know a lot of us scrapped with the "negative" elements such as the Death Eaters, but there are a lot of other elements in the collection that aren't negative--it's how we choose to use the kit. Even in my layout, it's not all evil, as my daughter is decked out in her Slytherin pajamas on Christmas morning. I used that kit to scrap my Slytherin child and of all of the houses that I've scrapped, this is my favorite layout that I've created using this kit!

Old 06-15-2020, 12:32 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

I did a general wizard page with the kit and found plenty to make a page that doesn't say villain at all. Her kits have loads of items to choose from generally so you can give it whatever appeal you are after. You could use the alphas to make the focus whatever words appeal most to you if they are not already in there. Just a thought.

Old 06-15-2020, 12:36 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Here's one that I found in the gallery that doesn't have anything negative in it

Old 06-15-2020, 12:37 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

LOVED this one from Jill!!

Old 06-15-2020, 12:38 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

This one from Melinda only used "Villains" for the title as she scrapped the kids looking at the Wanted Poster hanging on the wall

Old 06-15-2020, 12:42 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

This is an another great layout of her scrapping her child in Knockturn Alley with not a lot of the negative that you are seeing with the kit

Old 06-15-2020, 02:03 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Knowing the origin of the collection helps a lot. I originally saw it as kind of anti-Slytherin b/c the other houses are all titled by their mascots, while Slytherin is titled as "Villains." Knowing that it started from that concept and wasn't originally intended as a full collection of all four houses helps me understand why that's so.

Thank you for explaining!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flergs View Post
I was asked to create a Villains/Death Eater kit specifically originally. The other 3 houses only came about because people wanted them after this one came out.

Sorry that you feel it is all negative, there are elements inside that are just general Slytherin same as in the other 3 houses. I think the negative elements definitely do not make up the bulk of what is inside

Last edited by nowens; 06-15-2020 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Typo.
Old 06-16-2020, 11:08 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

That's definitely my favourite of all of the 4 kits. The greens and blacks are perfect. Love everything about it. Completely agree that there are lots of elements to choose from, but you might not notice that unless you've already purchased it. Go for it Angie, you won't regret it.
Old 06-17-2020, 01:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This would be a perfect kit for any Wicked fans out there too. I love all the greens and blacks. Now stop posting layouts before I have to go buy it. LOL It is on my wish list for sure. I have way too many HP kits in my stash so I am holding off for now.
Old 06-17-2020, 06:45 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I think it's one of the coolest kits that Flergs has done! I used it to document a fun memory of my son creating a skeleton for science class.

Old 06-17-2020, 08:04 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Omg Wendy is amazing.

Question: are you just hung up on the title?

I ask, because in the collection, there are like 5 elements and one journal card that could be considered negative but the rest can absolutely be used to create a positive Slytherin page.

You can create what you're going for with flergs kit absolutely.
Old 06-20-2020, 12:39 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Hi, I was the one who requested a villain kit. FTR, I am a Slytherin and I can totally use this kit for me. Slytherin is the one that has more evil parts to it, it just is, embrace that part, too. I can tell you when I first sorted into Slytherin, I was mad. That's not me. I have learned to embrace it and even rock it (I wore Slytherin clothes at Universal) and that includes embracing the fact that it is overwhelmingly the house where the evil wizards come from.
Old 06-20-2020, 02:18 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely1m View Post
Hi, I was the one who requested a villain kit. FTR, I am a Slytherin and I can totally use this kit for me. Slytherin is the one that has more evil parts to it, it just is, embrace that part, too. I can tell you when I first sorted into Slytherin, I was mad. That's not me. I have learned to embrace it and even rock it (I wore Slytherin clothes at Universal) and that includes embracing the fact that it is overwhelmingly the house where the evil wizards come from.
Mary!! Me too!!!
I took the test several times because I refused to believe it! I finally talked to my daughter, who is a Slytherin and I've gained a lot of clarity about the house and the stigma associated with it. You are right, this is where the evil wizards came from, but there were also a lot of good wizards!
Old 06-20-2020, 04:23 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
Mary!! Me too!!!
I took the test several times because I refused to believe it! I finally talked to my daughter, who is a Slytherin and I've gained a lot of clarity about the house and the stigma associated with it. You are right, this is where the evil wizards came from, but there were also a lot of good wizards!

Where did you do such a test? The internet or universal studio's ?
Old 06-20-2020, 05:16 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by renatasluis View Post
Pottermore.
Old 06-20-2020, 05:43 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by renatasluis View Post
https://my.wizardingworld.com/register

Let's try this link to the actual test, once you are registered:
https://www.wizardingworld.com/news/...izarding-world
Old 06-20-2020, 05:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just took the test and placed in Gryffindor. I would have pegged me Slytherin for sure. Thanks for the link, Wendy!
Old 06-21-2020, 01:51 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

thanks Wendy, that was fun, I did the test twice and both times it placed me in House Ravenclaw
Old 06-21-2020, 07:31 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

i did the test and i am also a ravenclaw.
And my patrones is a black and white cat ( i have 3 cats so i like my patrones )
Old 06-21-2020, 07:45 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I wanted to be a Slytherin

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Old 06-21-2020, 08:20 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Just took the test.....
what'ya know....
SLYTHERIN

Makes sense tho, I'm also year of the snake in Chinese astrology. I've got a lot of the attributes they tout for Slytherin. Now I know why I love the Villains kit so much ♥

Old 06-21-2020, 10:49 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I sorted into Hufflepuff.
Old 06-21-2020, 03:40 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I took the test when my kids and I were headed to Universal Studios. I'm a Hufflepuff. I have no clue what that means for me though. Haha!

Old 06-21-2020, 11:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My girls and I have all taken the test! But we have also "chosen" which house we want to belong in without regards to the test too! Most of us stuck with the house it chose for us, but it's just for fun, so I have told them to chose the house they feel the most "comfortable or connected" to. Noone is denied entry to any house! If you test as a Slytherin, but you like Ravenclaw....go ahead and embrace your Ravenclaw!
Old 06-22-2020, 12:58 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegirl View Post
My girls and I have all taken the test! But we have also "chosen" which house we want to belong in without regards to the test too! Most of us stuck with the house it chose for us, but it's just for fun, so I have told them to chose the house they feel the most "comfortable or connected" to. Noone is denied entry to any house! If you test as a Slytherin, but you like Ravenclaw....go ahead and embrace your Ravenclaw!
Old 06-22-2020, 01:23 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Oh how fun, thanks for the link! I just did the test and I'm a Slytherin
Old 06-22-2020, 07:27 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I'm Ravenclaw - by both sorting hat and choice
My kids are Gryffindor and Hufflepuff. The 2 that sort into Hufflepuff have both tested as Gryffindor as well on occasion, so while they mostly identify with Hufflepuff they go with the lion on some days depending on their mood and how adventurous they are feeling.
Old 06-22-2020, 08:33 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I think part of the reason we have bad feelings towards Slytherin, besides the snakes and the Death Eaters, is that in the movies, they were all, except the Malfoys, portrayed and big & dumb & ugly, which I don't think is very fair. Slytherins are ambitious and clever; Tom Riddle was handsome and charismatic. If they ever redo the movies, I hope that fix that.
Old 06-24-2020, 03:31 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I guess I'm a Hufflepuff even though I don't remember taking the quiz. LOL!
Old 06-24-2020, 04:14 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
I think part of the reason we have bad feelings towards Slytherin, besides the snakes and the Death Eaters, is that in the movies, they were all, except the Malfoys, portrayed and big & dumb & ugly, which I don't think is very fair. Slytherins are ambitious and clever; Tom Riddle was handsome and charismatic. If they ever redo the movies, I hope that fix that.
My husband was sorted into Slytherin. Please don't let him hear handsome and charismatic...it'll go straight to his head.
Old 06-24-2020, 04:32 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by armygrl View Post
My husband was sorted into Slytherin. Please don't let him hear handsome and charismatic...it'll go straight to his head.
Hahahaha!!! This SO made me laugh!!!
Old 06-25-2020, 12:29 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I took the test years ago and was Slytherin. My son is Ravenclaw and my husband is Hufflepuff. I would have guessed both of theirs. I thought I would have been Ravenclaw, but have now totally embraced being Slytherin.
Old 06-25-2020, 01:55 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

My kids decided I'm a Huffleclaw b/c I was sorted into Hufflepuff but have a lot of Ravenclaw characteristics, too, and we all expected that I would get Ravenclaw. I've definitely got a lot of Hufflepuff characteristics, too, though, so I embrace it, though we would have a completely balanced household if I ever decided to jump ship and go Ravenclaw, b/c my older daughter is a Hufflepuff, my younger is a Slytherin, and my husband got Gryffindor (though he's not a Potterhead, so he doesn't really care, but we made him take the test).

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely1m View Post
I took the test years ago and was Slytherin. My son is Ravenclaw and my husband is Hufflepuff. I would have guessed both of theirs. I thought I would have been Ravenclaw, but have now totally embraced being Slytherin.