Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2012, 02:50 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm
Default Convert png. templates to a SBC .page file???

I love using Cindy Schneider templates because they are all converted to a .page file for Story Book Creater users. I wish more designers would offer that as an option! But since they don't, does anyone know how to do it on your own? Are there any tech savy SBC users out there?!?!?! HELP!
Old 09-03-2012, 02:59 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

You can get GIMP or something so you can convert your PSD's to PNGs then import those I think in SBC? I have NO knowledge of SBC and I'm going to bet a majority of the designers don't either since it's virtually impossible to design in the program. I know people like it for the ease of use but you could do so much more with Photoshop Elements or even GIMP (open source like photoshop)

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 09-03-2012, 03:11 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I don't use SBC, but I do use a program that doesn't allow you to import layered psd files and I break my templates apart into pngs with Gimp and then import the layers into my software. It really doesn't take too long, but I do love it when template designers include the pngs.
Old 09-03-2012, 04:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I used SBC and was thrilled when Cindy started making .page templates. Then my computer crashed and I lost SBC. I was devastated. I bought a new iMac and Photoshop. The learning curve was rough but I'm so glad I made the change. Your time would be better spent learning a new photoshop program rather than time spent figure out how to make the ten plates work in SBC. Just my opinion. But I've been in your shoes!
Old 09-04-2012, 10:06 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

PM me - it's super easy to make PNGs to page files! And you can go from PSD too, if you have photoshop. But as long as there are PNGs, you can have page!