Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 12-06-2019, 01:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Friday Fun Facts 12/06

This is such a busy month for most people (sure is for me) so today's questions are all about this month.
  1. Do you feel stressed this month? Got it all under control? Don't care and just wing it, letting everything fall into place?
  2. Are you well organized? Or do you procrastinate?
  3. What is something you hope to accomplish this month?
  4. Got any decorations or baking done yet?
  5. What is something you are looking forward to this month?
Old 12-06-2019, 01:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Do you feel stressed this month? Got it all under control? Don't care and just wing it, letting everything fall into place?
I am not stressed, it's still early in the month. Ask me this in another week and I might have a different answer

Are you well organized? Or do you procrastinate?
A little of both maybe. I have projects and things to get done and have a basic plan for everything but of course it never all goes as planned so am constantly re-organizing my schedule. I did procrastinate this wk as I was supposed to get all the tree decorations out of the storage area and just never got around to it so tonight for sure I need to get at and then tomorrow finish pulling out all the bins and deciding what I'm using this year. Each year I put out less and less, hating the part about putting it back after the holidays. It just seems like a lot of work. I don't bother putting up my Xmas village anymore. But...I'll hang onto all that stuff b/c I may get energetic and put it up again some year.

What is something you hope to accomplish this month?
I want to bring my all-in-one computer into Staples and see if they can wipe it clean and then tweak it to run a bit faster (that's my living room evening scrapping computer). During the day I scrap on my double screen PC in my office downstairs but at night I like to be upstairs with hubs, watching shows. So, since I remove it from the corner of the LR to put the Xmas tree there, putting it away for Dec, it's a good time to send it in for updates.

Got any decorations or baking done yet? I'll be decorating on Sunday and baking I'm going to leave until the wkend before Xmas as I'll be off work at that point until Jan so have lots of time to get everything done.

What is something you are looking forward to this month? Bailey is coming over on Sunday for a few hrs and will help decorate the tree. Even if she doesn't want to decorate, losing interest (b/c of her brain injury), just having her here will be fun. She's been in the hospital for almost 2 yrs since the TBI so this is the first time she's able to come to our home. She can only come for a few hrs b/c she'll need to get back to the carehome for her medications and insulin but that's ok, by then she'll be ready for some quiet time and will probably be glad to get back. I can't wait!!!! And of course....I'll take tons of pics
Old 12-06-2019, 01:37 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Do you feel stressed this month? Got it all under control? Don't care and just wing it, letting everything fall into place?
I am stressed about other things but not Christmas.

I am super organized but I have to wait until closer to Christmas before I can buy gifts so that might seem like procrastination from the outside?

I hope to keep up with this year's Countdown to Christmas album.

Got any decorations or baking done yet?
I don't really decorate. I do put out the handmade decor that my mom makes for my sister & me every year. I don't bake, either, so we go to my parents' every year & help my mom with hers. She makes dozens and dozens of cookies every year for the family, for church, as thank-you gifts, etc.

What is something you are looking forward to this month?
I am going with a friend to see "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" tomorrow night on the big screen so that should be fun. We have lots of Christmas activities and traditions happening in the next two weeks. I'm most looking forward to receiving the quilt my friend made for me from my grandfather's (who passed away in October) shirts. I hope it will be done by the end of the month but with the holidays, it might not get here until the beginning of January. I saw it finished before she sent it off to her quilter & it's beautiful & big enough to cuddle in with my kids.
Old 12-06-2019, 08:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Definitely feel the stress this month BUT it's not really more than any other month (well, besides extra stress about money, but I know everyone can relate to that this time of year).

Both. LOL I start my holiday planning early and have so many lists to keep me on track I feel ok with everything, but a lot of stuff does get left to the very end and I know by the end of next week I will be in tears at least once a day.

What is something you hope to accomplish this month? I want to get a LOT of scrapping done with Christmas pages..... I don't know why, but I only like scrapping Christmas stuff during the month of december, so now is my time to do some catching up. I put together 11 pages the other day (just need to add photos and shadows, so I am very happy with how things are going).

I had all my decorations up by the end of November (still doing little tweaks here and there but for the most part done). Baking, I've been picking away at it, I get a couple batches of cookies or sweet breads done a day.

FOOD!!! Hubby and I have been Keto since May, so we are looking forward to carbs and sweets (even though they make us sick when we have too much), and then I am looking forward to getting back on track right after the holidays so I can finish round 2 strong
Old 12-06-2019, 11:28 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Do you feel stressed this month? Got it all under control? Don't care and just wing it, letting everything fall into place? I have to admit, I feel stressed this month...

Are you well organized? Or do you procrastinate? Both!

What is something you hope to accomplish this month? Finish the tree (I know right?!), finish up buying gifts, sending posts and make up my mind on where to put the tree this year.

What is something you are looking forward to this month? I'm looking forward to the early Christmas celebration we will have and our travel going to my sister's family's house to celebrate Christmas. She just got married and she wanted to celebrate their first Christmas with us in their house so I'm adjusting our Christmas celebration this year to accomodate my sister's request, I'm excited actually
Old 12-07-2019, 04:22 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Lately I feel like every month has been stressful, with too many to-do's and too little time to get them done. But this month isn't any more stressful than other months. Hanukkah is a much smaller holiday than Christmas--I don't know of anyone who goes all out in the same way that people do for Christmas.

Umm...both? I know what I need to do and I've got gifts mostly done. But certain things, like Mensch on a Bench (Jewish Elf on a Shelf) I end up procrastinating and doing last minute.

I'll have Winter Break off school along with the kids. There will be about a week that we don't have much scheduled, so I'm really hoping to make a dent on some of the scrapping I want to do. Biggest goal is to finish the photobook I'm almost done with, January to June 2018.

Nope. We'll do a little decorating closer to when Hanukkah starts, but it's just hanging up a few lights and signs--maybe 20 minutes total to get it all done. No real plans to bake anything other than DD's birthday cake.

DD and I are going to spend a weekend in Colonial Williamsburg, just the 2 of us.
Old 12-07-2019, 11:34 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Do you feel stressed this month? Got it all under control? Don't care and just wing it, letting everything fall into place? I feel stress all the time, every month
Are you well organized? Or do you procrastinate? I'm well organized and do not procrastinate, but I take on a ridiculous amount of stuff (confirmed by every human being that I interact with, lol)
What is something you hope to accomplish this month? Keeping my sh*t together! lol
Got any decorations or baking done yet? We have a tree and lights up, but nothing is decorated
What is something you are looking forward to this month? Time off from work
Old 12-08-2019, 12:22 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Do you feel stressed this month? Got it all under control? Don't care and just wing it, letting everything fall into place? This and the last few months have been among the most stressful of my life - nothing to do with Christmas though!
Are you well organized? Or do you procrastinate? I'm usually pretty organised but the above stress means I am currently ticking off only the priority stuff, none of which is Christmas related.
What is something you hope to accomplish this month? Make it to the 21st when I leave for my holiday (to Tasmania).
Got any decorations or baking done yet? No and no and I am not going to... we're not having Christmas this year, not even buying any presents!! We're going away for three weeks and will be spending Christmas Day hiking around lakes and up mountains!!
What is something you are looking forward to this month? Making it to the 21st, getting to Tasmania and not having the usual Christmas .
Old 12-08-2019, 09:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ever since I went back to work, I always feel stressed in December. Each year I tell myself I will plan better and get things done earlier so as to not stress, but every year I find myself in the same position. When I was a SAHM it was so much easier in December. I did all the things and never felt stressed. Work adds a whole other level to it.

Both? It depends. At work I am pretty organized. At home I am about some things but I'm not with others. I feel like I don't spend enough time at home to really get organized. When I procrastinate it is productive procrastination. I think about things and mull them over in my head and marinate ideas until its time to get down to work.

This month I NEED to get to the college and take the accuplacer test so I can figure out what math class I test in to

A few. It would have been more but the lights on the tree were half burned out. Last year we replaced EVERY SINGLE BULB yet this year half were burned out again. I threw a few strands on over the burned out prelit parts and called it good. Then MORE burned out. Ugh. So this weekend we cut off all the prelit lights and I had to go buy more lights to fill the tree. Now, at work I have a tree up and lights. I keep the decorated (3') tree sitting in my closet at work so it is easy to put up. Baking... I don't bake. I hate baking. I might make some fudge but I doubt it because I'm trying to give up sugar.

The holiday band, orchestra and choir concert that our district puts on. My son is in choir and my daughter is in band (her last year... she's a senior!) and this concert is always the BEST of the year. They put so much work in to it and I just love it. Plus I love that both of my kids participate in it.
Old 12-09-2019, 12:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Somewhat stressed because of health issues interfering with life but it’s even worse over the next week and a half
Organized........ummmmmm no!
What is something you hope to accomplish this month? Nail my job interview next week
Got any decorations or baking done yet? Nope and as christmas is with family elsewhere I’m not bothering
Seeing my mum after 5 weeks apart and then having her home again - she’s been recovering from heart surgery with other family for the past 3 weeks as we weren’t entirely sure I’d be around (good thing we planned it that was as I’m away for part of next week for a job interview)

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 12-09-2019, 03:25 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

A little of both I guess. I plan all of our advent cards for the month that our elf brings the kids- so that's always a bit stressful. However, this year more than any other I've been better at telling people 'no' and taking more time to do the things I want- even if it's snuggling the dog on the couch with a hallmark movie! I've found that things usually fall into place anyways, so no need to stress since I've put in the work early!

Both! ha! I'm organized with certain projects, procrastinate with others. Planning out the month really helps me stay on task actually...

I'm really hoping to do a good purge after the holidays when we're all home for that week between Christmas & New Year's.

Yes! House (inside/out) all decorated! Kids did their gingerbread village last week. I'm baking some 4 dozen cupcakes today for the elementary school teacher's cookie/goodie exchange this week. Peppermint Mocha Cupcakes & Candy Cane Oreo Cupcakes! I'll do a ton of baking the next week or so to deliver to all our neighbors too!

Both hubby & I have December birthdays, my hubby's is the 31st & we always have a few friends over to play cards & games. It's probably my favorite tradition! I'm also looking forward to seeing my family, they all live in western WA (about a 5 hour drive away!) We always do Christmas with them the weekend before actual Christmas, so that's fun to spend time with them!