Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 05-22-2019, 04:17 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by monia13 View Post
Just curious, were you on iVillage? I was there back in 2004/2005 on May 2005 babies group
I was I was part of the April '04 and August '06 groups. I lost touch with people from the April '04 group, but still keep in touch with tons of people from the August '06 group.
Old 05-22-2019, 05:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I was a paper scrapper in my past life and mostly used Creative Memories. Then Creative Memories had a small digital line that I used. A lady at work then pointed me to SSD. I was thinking that was around 2008? But my profile says I joined the forum in 2011. I was a shopper for a while before I posted in the forums.
Old 05-22-2019, 08:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've always sorta been around. I remember when SSD first opened. I hung out at other sites and some of the designers there left to open up shop here. I haven't always actively posted, but I've always ventured back around. I was more active at stores I sold at back when I was designing. I've loved most of the sites I've been a part of. There are some I really miss though! Some of those ladies made their way over here, so that makes me happy.
Old 05-23-2019, 08:34 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

I first found digi scrapbooking to decorate a blog that i had for sewing, i had been paper scrapping my wedding album and decided to do the honeymoon album as digital - i used freebies from around the place, i don't know how i found the freebies, i didn't really see much to buy and my scrapbooking was so basic the freebies were fine then i decided to abandon the paper wedding album and went looking for a much nicer fancier kit -

i found this one:

bought it and noticed there was a forum, clicked it and I was in the middle of a iNSD - i was hooked instantly - played all the games for the insd and got the free kit and got straight into bingo. I have never bought a single other kit anywhere, i had the freebie i used for the honeymoon and every kit i've ever paid money for came from here
Old 05-23-2019, 09:19 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I used to be on a forum where they made signatures, then I started to make them and I found SSD via Sheri back in 2008!

I was too scared to join the forum until 2010 when I started scrapbooking properly!
Old 05-23-2019, 12:10 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by monia13 View Post
Just curious, were you on iVillage? I was there back in 2004/2005 on May 2005 babies group
I was in the May 2005 Babies group.
Old 05-23-2019, 03:19 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I was a die-hard paper scrapper- would NEVER think of doing digi.. blah. haha I had purchased MemoryMixer software for my mom for her birthday in 2006. She never used it and gave it back to me to learn how to use it so I could teach her - so over my maternity leave in 2007, I figured it out. Their designs were blah, so I went looking for other designs... Sweet Shoppe was one of the first ones I came upon. Then I tried a template challenge since I had photoshop elements... then I decided on a whim to try out for Christy Lyle's creative team... got on... then Libby invited me to her team... and I was hooked. At one point I was on 12 creative teams.
Old 05-23-2019, 04:03 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I honestly don't know exactly how I found SSD. I discovered digital scrapbooking through an online Disney forum. A fellow Disney enthusiast had posted some of her pages documenting her trips, and I was immediately intrigued. That led me down a rabbit hole of first discovering Brittish Designs, then discovering ScrapMatters, and eventually finding SSD. This December, I will celebrate my 10-year digi-versary! It's hard to imagine my life without this amazing hobby and the sweetest site in town! This community holds such a special place in my heart, and I hope Robin plans to keep the site open forever and ever because I can't imagine a world with no SSD!
Old 05-23-2019, 04:19 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegirl View Post
YES! I was at ScrapMatters for a VERY long time and made some amazing friends (many whom I am still friends with!) I was an SMG (my job was to leave love in the gallery, and we were "paid" with free products), then I was on their newsletter team, then site CT, then an admin. When they closed, it was so hard to find a place where I felt I belonged. I wandered for a LOT! I was all over the place, participating in challenges at different sites, on different ct's. But never felt like any one place was home. I eventually moved over to ScrapOrchard, but it still wasn't fully home, more like a college dorm, where I was living for a while. Once they closed, I was homeless again! (Hopefully stores don't close once I decide to make them my home!)

Now I am here. Wendy and I made the decision together. But unfortunately, I'm not sure it's home yet. While I love the designers, and the challenges are ok (I'm learning to like the Passport system), and I feel I have a few friends. But I am still feeling like an outsider. I'm still not quite sure I fully fit in. But, this is where we agreed, so until we agree to move on again, this is where I will be!
I remember you and Wendy from SM! I was a SMG too for a while before eventually landing a spot on the store CT. I have so many fond memories of those days!

I totally agree with the others; I think you fit in perfectly here. I do understand what you mean about feeling like an outsider. It's hard when you join a new site and feel like the "new kid" but rest assured you are a valuable member of our community! I've loved watching your kids grow up (I think our girls are the same age), love reading your sweet comments in the gallery, and love seeing your posts. I hope you'll stick around!!
Old 05-23-2019, 07:17 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have a very old blog I use back when I was still on my first trimester with my daughter. I was blog hopping and I saw one of the blogs I follow changed her theme into something like a scrapbook paper and I asked her where she got it and she pointed me tothe Daily Digi and Tip Junkie (I think it was TJ), and I saw TJ has a post about 'digital scrapbooking is a game changer' something like that. So I searched about digital scrapbook and I saw sweetshoppe (and other communities too) with it's old look with those cupcakes on top and it was really cute! So I started lurking and copying those digital scrapbooks I see in the galery into my paper scrapbooks because back then I was still paper scrapping. Then a couple of month after, I bought pse 7 and I read all of the tutorials I see online so that I could do a digital page too. I made a forum account, but I was intimidated to interact because I was very new. But in 2013 when I had a little experience gained, I made a new acct and said hi for the first time.
Old 05-23-2019, 08:22 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I found SSD through the Daily Digi, like some others here did. I was a paper scrapper for ten years before I decided to even try digi--I had sworn I never would! Lol, famous last words. In 2011, I started dabbling with digiscrapping, and while I shopped around a bit at first, I always liked the products and the experience best here at Sweet Shoppe. I didn't join the forums for a while, because that was scary to me. But now, I couldn't be happier with my digi-home!

Old 05-24-2019, 05:13 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendallt View Post
This community holds such a special place in my heart, and I hope Robin plans to keep the site open forever and ever because I can't imagine a world with no SSD!
THIS!

Old 05-24-2019, 12:53 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I found this super cute kit called Beep, Chugga, Zoom from KCB & Shawna Clingerman. It was perfect for my 18 month old boy who was like most boys obsessed with trains, planes and cars. I splurged on the kit (cause then it was easy to be broke and scrap on all free kits) and used it non-stop.
Old 05-24-2019, 05:23 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I'm sorta a newbie here in the gallery and forum.... been shopping at SSD for years. I don't remember how I stumbled upon SSD. (probably when I was freebie hunting, cause back then my budget was zero....) I started digi-scrapping back in 2011 at Stuff to Scrap (I think that was the name) and Scraps n Pieces. But last May I started doing some of the challenges here. I don't have time lots of months to play along as much as I'd like...

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow