Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 03-08-2020, 09:15 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm
Question Cloud info

I know I have seen a post about this before, but I really need help. My computer can't hold any more information and I have 2 hard drives full of pictures and kits. ( I'm a hoarder when it comes to pictures) i lost all the pictures and videos I had of my grandfather right after he passed away and I don't want anything like that to happen again. So like I said I have a million pictures and kits. I also got a new computer that I was going to put the new kits and pictures on, but is there a cloud where I just get it when I need it or not?
Old 03-08-2020, 09:56 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

There are online services that can do what you're looking for. Dropbox is the first one that comes to mind, though I don't know the upper limit of data you can store with them on a paid personal account. But I'd be cautious of only having your pictures in the cloud. Even though it's more secure than having them on only your computer, I've still heard horror stories about people losing data from the cloud. If it were me, I'd make sure to have a local copy, too, even if it was on an EHD rather than my computer.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 03-08-2020, 10:19 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

I am a Mac user thus I pay for iCloud storage. All of my devices are wonderfully synced.

Others that offer cloud storage: Dropbox (not my favorite, I moved to iCloud), OneDrive, and Google Drive. There are more however. I recommend checking out reviews.

I am a big fan of cloud storage because I lost two external hard drives. Of course, there is a revolving fee with cloud storage. But, I have not lost anything yet with the cloud.
Old 03-08-2020, 10:43 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

In addition to my 4 EHDs* I have BackBlaze. I really like it! I back up my laptop, which I don't keep all kits and photos on, and an EHD, which has all pics/DS/music/docs/etc. I also back up my photos to Amazon Prime Photos because it's already included in my Prime membership. I started backing up DS LOs there too, but I'm not as rigorous with backing up those to Prime as I am with backing them up everywhere else. *shrug*

*I also keep an EHD at my parents' place because they live in another part of the country, so if something happens to my house then my EHD at their place will be fine. I like having physical copies--versus online "cloud" storage.
Old 03-09-2020, 07:06 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just had everything recovered and am now using One Drive. I pay $70 a year for 1TB (6TB was $100) and it also includes Office.
Old 03-09-2020, 07:30 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I have always been told to have pictures in at least two places...
I have a desktop with 2 tb storage, all photos are there.
One 4 tb ehd, all photos, kits, and pages are on that. I usually update it every few months.
another 4 tb ehd, all scrap kits, scrap pages and other projects are on there.
My laptop has all scrap kits on it too.
I do have dropbox, I pay for the 2 tb storage, it does use some space on the computers, I use it so I can work on projects/pages on both computers. (I mostly use it for my Etsy store to support the larger files I sell) I also use drop box when I buy new kits, I download to there so I can copy n paste to both computers.
Amazon Prime has free unlimited photo storage. So I have my phone and desktop set up to upload all photos to it.
I also have shutterfly for photo storage, but lately the automatic upload have not been working so good.
And lastly, I pay for back blaze to back up everything.

I like the Prime, I can download photos if I need to if I am working on my laptop, since I don't store photos on it. I LOVE Back Blaze, it has saved my butt several times.

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Last edited by StacyLynn; 03-09-2020 at 10:06 AM.
Old 03-09-2020, 09:36 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have all photos and kits saved to an EHD and use Backblaze to back it up. A few years ago the EHD died. I contacted Backblaze and they sent me another EHD - I transferred everything over to a new EHD and sent theirs back to them. It was easy (well, as easy as something like that is!) - but it was sure nice knowing I didn't lose everything!
I have Amazon Prime and honestly didn't think about using their free service for photos - I will check it out!
Good luck on your journey to find what will work for you, Britt!
Old 03-09-2020, 09:49 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I am not sure how much online storage you need (the more, the better but also more expensive) and it also depends on your budget but I came accross pCloud. I use it to store my actions/fonts etc and I just noticed that they offer a lifetime subscription of 2tb for $350 now. That is a lot of money. I have the 500gb account and I pay monthly...I think about $4.99 which I think is a good deal. The 2tb option is $9.99 per month.
Old 03-09-2020, 10:57 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Thank y'all so much! I will be looking each one. My husband has Amazon Prime on his account. I will look into storing my pictures there too. Once again thanks!! 😘😘😘