Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 05-08-2020, 01:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to lorigaud
Default Looking to purchase a desktop computer... suggestions?

Hey ladies,

I currently scrap on a MacBook Air that is the property of my school district. I just received my committee stipends for the year and am thinking about purchasing a desktop for myself for Mothers Day and an early birthday present. (Yes, I buy myself gifts lol!) I am thinking that a 27" screen would be awesome compared to what I'm working with now. Teaching by computer and trying to scrapbook plus working my side business with my Cricut is exhausting to my old eyes lol.

Anyway... I think I want to stick with Mac, but of course it's pricier than a PC would be.

Looking for any ideas - haven't used a PC in years. Pros/cons?

Thanks!

Old 05-08-2020, 02:07 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I love my Mac, 27 in screen, would never go back to a PC!
Old 05-08-2020, 02:17 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm a PC gal! I have a Dell gaming desktop with a 27" monitor AND a 20" 2nd monitor. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I can have my photoshop open, folders open and have a tv show or music on the 2nd screen. I couldn't go smaller than a 27" main monitor now that I'm so in love with it!
Old 05-09-2020, 02:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

OK, so it's a 50/50 split? Anyone else want to make a case for what you love?

Old 05-09-2020, 04:13 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I won't be much help, LOL. I can't justify the extra cost of a Mac, so I've always been a PC girl. Not necessarily recommending PCs. My system isn't perfect and I'm not raving over it, but I am happy with it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited by rach3975; 05-09-2020 at 04:18 PM.
Old 05-09-2020, 04:19 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I don't know if you have a Micro Center near you, but I bought my (new) computer from them. My father and I used to build our computers, but with me being so far away from him and our time being limited when we saw each other last summer, we decided it would be best to buy a computer. We researched what I wanted for a new computer and found PowerSpec to be a great product--it's Micro Centers product built with the stuff they sell in their store.

Here is a link to their PowerSpec computers https://www.microcenter.com/search/s...3&myStore=true

I got my computer on sale, it was a $1500 computer, on sale for less than $750 which allowed me to upgrade to a top of the line graphic cards and buy more internal hard drives. Micro Center does run sales, but when they do, we've noticed that the product goes quickly! I do not see my computer there (nor did I expect to find it, since it's been 9 months). But this one is equivalent to what I purchased
https://www.microcenter.com/product/...aming-computer

I also purchased a much needed/wanted laptop from HP Envy around the holidays.
https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-en...y-laptop---17t

I don't like scrapping on the laptop, I find it harder. But I like having it for appointments, sitting in the car waiting for the kiddos to come to the car, etc. I like having it to take with me. It's also been the laptop my son has used for his digital learning! I like having the laptop mirror in to my desktop, where I can scrapbook (if I want), access whatever I want from my desktop and for having it out in the living room watching tv with family.
Old 05-09-2020, 08:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks ladies... I did decide to go with a Mac, because I love the macs I've had through school, and I get a discount as a teacher. Still expensive, but I've been drooling over those 27" monitors at school for so long, that I just had to do it. It will be here in a couple of weeks. So freaking excited!
Wendy, we don't have Micro Center around here, but I'll definitely bookmark this site for my boys. They all have PC's and it looks like there are some great deals there! Thanks!

Old 05-09-2020, 11:03 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Yay Lori!!! I can't wait to see and hear all about your new computer when it arrives!! I'm so excited for you!! Let the countdown begin . . . .
Old 05-10-2020, 10:17 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm excited for you! Brand new Mac! Woohoo!
Old 05-10-2020, 03:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorigaud View Post
Thanks ladies... I did decide to go with a Mac, because I love the macs I've had through school, and I get a discount as a teacher. Still expensive, but I've been drooling over those 27" monitors at school for so long, that I just had to do it. It will be here in a couple of weeks. So freaking excited!
Wendy, we don't have Micro Center around here, but I'll definitely bookmark this site for my boys. They all have PC's and it looks like there are some great deals there! Thanks!
I was coming here to say I love my Mac with 27" monitor Glad you got one!
Old 05-10-2020, 10:26 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I love my 21" iMac, so I'd suggest that. Though it is pricier than normal desktop, it's so worth it!