Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2013, 09:00 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm
Default How do I keep myself motivated?

I enjoy doing hybrid project life and digi scrapping, but often I don't have any pictures to scrap. I'm always telling myself that this happens because i am too buisy with my job . But I know that this is just a runaround for not taking any pictures at all. And then I am not happy with myself about it. So how do I keep myself motivated? Any ideas?

Last edited by ElenaKaywood; 11-05-2013 at 01:20 PM.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:07 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I have the same problem. I don't have kids at home and I often forget to take pictures when I have the chance. Most of the pictures I take end up being of my pets.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:21 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Do you have any friends that would enjoy you doing pages for them? Do you have older pictures you can scan in?

Old 11-05-2013, 09:22 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Well i do travel sometimes, but I quickly run out of pictures to scrap . I also visit my parents time after time but there are not so many things and events to take pictures of and they often repeat themselves.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:24 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Well I have, and I even have a scanner at home so that I can scan them. That is a very good advice you gave me. I'll sure try that.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:27 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Perhaps you could focus on taking pictures of your favorite things and places for a little while. Food, clothes, books, makeup, nature, shoes, etc... Things that define your life right now. You could use those photos as filler on weeks when less is going on, maybe?

I personally don't enjoy project life because keeping up with something like that is not my strength. I lose motivation and fizzle out. I'm ok with that, I just stick to scrapping the pages I'm motivated to do... Not in any particular order.

Old 11-05-2013, 09:32 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by YepBrook View Post
Perhaps you could focus on taking pictures of your favorite things and places for a little while. Food, clothes, books, makeup, nature, shoes, etc... Things that define your life right now. You could use those photos as filler on weeks when less is going on, maybe?

I personally don't enjoy project life because keeping up with something like that is not my strength. I lose motivation and fizzle out. I'm ok with that, I just stick to scrapping the pages I'm motivated to do... Not in any particular order.
I do understand you perfectly. And often times my PL looks empty and I am forced to join several weeks together.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:48 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't have kids, but I love scrapping those topics Brook mentioned. Also the husband, my siblings, my parents, and myself.

Lynnette has always had the brilliant idea of doing favorites--it works for me because I find that my faves change up often. If you need filler stuff, you can do faves of the people around you. Or even your fave things on your desk, or something about your daily commute, etc etc.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:51 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I needed a filler page for my a week in the life project and used this...maybe something would help keep you going? Dont forget not everything has to have pics

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...page-3&cat=500
Old 11-05-2013, 10:20 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Aww thanks Lex!

I find it helps to look for stories over photos. What's going on in your life right now that you'd like to capture? Maybe it's your morning routine, the tea you're hooked on right now or the past their prime shoes that you love too much to get rid of. Then you can take photos to support those stories rather than needing to have a bank of photos to start.

The other thing, if you wanted to get into the habit of taking more photos, would be to do a photo-a-day challenge. You wouldn't have to do a year, it could be a month or week or whatever. I've done this before and I always find it helps me to look at things differently and reminds me to get out the camera more often. Don't worry about scrapping the photos, just focus on snapping them.
Old 11-05-2013, 02:44 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Thank you all for your support and advice. Now I feel more confident and definitely know what to to when I "get stuck".