Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2009, 11:13 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Angry FB has crossed the line

They have taken away the option to be hidden from anyone who isn't already a friend. For the last year, I have not received a single "add me" request, but today I got five. {You are the only one I have added, Jennifer, and to be honest, I thought we already were friends.}

I know, I know. FB is about connecting people, but I have been on it for three years and am connected with everyone I would like to connect with and then some. I do NOT want crackheads I knew fifteen years ago in high school trying to be my friend.

Like this joker who added me today is a guy I went to college with, and I just don't like him. He was engaged three times while we were in college, once to a girl in his youth group (like he was the yg leader and she was still in high school) and once he went home for the summer engaged to one girl and came back engaged to another. He is friends with my FIL , and the comments he leaves on his status posts annoy me to no end.

If anyone knows how I can go back to being invisible, PUHlease let me know! And if anyone from here wants to add me as a friend, I will accept you and not be bitter towards you. ; ) As long as your status updates are terribly annoying...
Old 12-16-2009, 11:21 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Yes, you can fix it, click on settings, then privacy settings. You can change it there.

My Sweet Shoppe Gallery
Old 12-17-2009, 12:02 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to AmyM

I thought you were gonna talk about this
If you don't know, as of today, Facebook will automatically start plunging the Earth into the Sun. To change this option, go to Settings --> Planetary Settings --> Trajectory then UN-CLICK the box that says 'Apocalypse.' Facebook kept this one quiet. Copy and paste onto your status for all to see.

facebook
Old 12-17-2009, 12:03 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Under Privacy Settings - Contact Information there is a place where you can set who can add you as a friend, the only choices are Everyone and Friends of Friends. So it won't make you totally invisible, but only people who have a friend in common with you could add you.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:20 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyM View Post
If you don't know, as of today, Facebook will automatically start plunging the Earth into the Sun. To change this option, go to Settings --> Planetary Settings --> Trajectory then UN-CLICK the box that says 'Apocalypse.' Facebook kept this one quiet. Copy and paste onto your status for all to see.
I have completely avoided the FB thing. And this is so perfect! LMAO!!!!
Old 12-17-2009, 12:49 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This is exactly why I rid my life and precious time of facebook long ago. Too many people finding me that I didn't want to be found by. It felt like high school all over again, something I care nothing about repeating at the age of 30.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:29 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracielou View Post
This is exactly why I rid my life and precious time of facebook long ago. Too many people finding me that I didn't want to be found by.
See, I find FB useful. Without FB, I wouldn't know how long La has gone without a smoke...or when Crystal has a sale...or that Emmy's babies have jaunice and are going to have to spend a few more days in NICU...or how Vanessa is juggling school...or when Kim blogs...or what drama has Col up in arms today.

You get the picture, right? My college girlfriends post pics of their kids, and I get to sort of secretly stalk the guy I dated in high school, and there are lots of things I enjoy about using facebook.

Just not the part where it folks add me as a friend as part of their obsession with having a zillion friends on FB.
Old 12-17-2009, 02:48 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I totally sympathize with you! I seriously don't know how to fix it though...

One of the worst things is when you add someone and then wish you hadn't so you delete them and they try to friend you for like evr after that. Seriously. Get a clue!
Old 12-17-2009, 07:48 AM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

so we can't be private anymore? ?? or am I reading this wrong... cause that would be a problem.. I have the one person blocked granted, and he's the only one I care about not ever seeing me...
ps 6 weeks 1 day 20 hrs :]
Old 12-17-2009, 08:14 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracielou View Post
This is exactly why I rid my life and precious time of facebook long ago. Too many people finding me that I didn't want to be found by. It felt like high school all over again, something I care nothing about repeating at the age of 30.
Same here! I was on it a while back but got sick of it & deleted my account! There was an idiot guy I dated forever ago who found me and sent me messages... sorry, I'm not interested! lol!

Creating for Melissa Bennett & Lliella Designs!!

Old 12-17-2009, 08:34 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyM View Post
Thanks for my morning laugh!

I enjoy FB, it lets me keep up with family from all over...more so that they can see what going on with our dks. What makes me crazy are kids who friend me...dh's 4th cousins who are in middle school....I have to hide all their posts or else their blather makes me crazy!!
Old 12-17-2009, 09:06 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I know. I spent the last week seriously going through my teens' accounts, trying to keep people from being able to add them, blocking people I don't want them to have there, and making their privacy as maximum as possible. I'm slightly aggravated about the whole "who can add me as friends" thing. They seem to always be working on things, so hopefully they'll fix this, too.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:28 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't have my old name on mine, so unless you've known me within the last 6 years, you wouldn't know where to look for me. lol
Old 12-17-2009, 09:30 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

i don't like when they change stuff. so far the only friend requests i get are scrap pals and high school classmates, which i am fine getting in touch with. i think i had maybe one or two strangers try to befriend me, lol.

on another note, if you aren't already my friend, 'friend me'! (Corey Monroe)
Old 12-17-2009, 10:21 AM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

*giggles* @ me being up in arms
I am a ruthless ignorer and friend deleter with FB. If we haven't spoken since HS and you were a jerkoff to me back then? Ignore. If I added you because I thought we might actually talk, and 6 months later we don't? Delete.

There are people I don't want to see me or contact me no matter what, and those are on my block list.

You can change it so that only friends are allowed to send you messages, which might be helpful to some of you. I just changed that myself. Account Setting>Privacy Settings>Contact Information.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:23 AM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

I found part of it Kellie!
Go to Account Settings>Privacy Settings>Search> and you can change the search results to "only friends"
Old 12-17-2009, 10:32 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie4b1g View Post
I don't have my old name on mine, so unless you've known me within the last 6 years, you wouldn't know where to look for me. lol
Me too! and it's worked very well for me!
Old 12-17-2009, 10:32 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
{You are the only one I have added, Jennifer, and to be honest, I thought we already were friends.}
Well that's good to know. I felt bad when I read your post on FB today! I tried to add you a while back but your name wasn't clickable...now I know why it was all of a sudden!
Old 12-17-2009, 11:05 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Stacey42 Send a message via Yahoo to Stacey42

Also if you go to Settings - account options - notifications you can uncheck an assorttment of email notifications.

I like Facebook & part of that is because I am like Col, ruthless about ignoring people or unfriending them.
Old 12-17-2009, 02:40 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

*lol* You have got to be one of the coolest people I know, Kellie. I really hope you swing by & see me the next time you're in the States.

BTW, your karaoke story totally reminded me of an episode of 'King of Queens.' Carrie on that show would make someone cry, too.