Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2009, 11:37 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to AnnieBananie
Default I require recipes.

I need some new freaking dinner/supper recipes. I'm bored with my standbys... so lay them on me. It just has to be husband AND kid-friendly... like DH probably won't eat hot dogs unless he HAS to and the kids won't eat... uh... stuff that's fancy. lol

I'm looking in Lena and Tab's direction but everyone should probably reply with something, k? Yes, even you there... the lurker... yes you, in the back row wearing the gray shirt. You. Now. *snortgiggle*

Thanks chicks (and dude)... I know we did a "kid-friendly" recipe thread a bit ago but I can't freaking find it so we should probably just do another one *nod* lol
Old 09-24-2009, 12:06 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

Do you guys like zucchini? I made a recipe from Real Simple the other day and I really liked it. It was sans tomato sauce, but a little bland for my taste, so next time I'll probably use some sauce. It's also the simplest ever.

Make pasta of choice.
Cut up some zucchini (the recipe also called for chick peas but I was too lazy to go out and get them) and in a little pan drizzle in some olive oil and some minced garlic. Throw in the zucc's, and saute them for a bit until tender and cooked. (I believe you add the chick peas to this too)
In a bowl (I like bowls better for pasta for some reason) or on a plate, dish out some pasta, add some sauce, and then add the zucc's (and chic peas if you made them too) on top. Toss on some parm cheese (or shredded mozz which I like better sometimes) and serve. If you're feeling saucy, make some garlic bread too :P

If you go sans sauce, reserve some of the pasta water, and then mix the veggies with the water, add a little oil to the pasta and toss, pour veggies over the pasta, then add parm.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Kat Stokes Send a message via Yahoo to Kat Stokes

Kraft foods dot com.

Tasty Kitchen

My standbys are Tacos, Baked Beef Burritos, Grilled Chicken with rice and a veggie, spaghetti, and chicken pesto pasta.

I'm making artichoke chicken with roasted potatoes tonight. If it's good, I'll post the recipe tomorrow.

Proudly creating for:
Libby Pritchett

Old 09-24-2009, 12:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

ok FINE!!

Here is what I have. Last night I made Bacon Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole. Um, yeah, it was yum-o!!!

2lbs uncooked hamburger (93%**)
1 cup chopped fresh spinach
1 can cream of soup (chicken, mushroom, broccoli, whatever you like, we do chicken)
2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 - 1 cup of real bacon bits (not those hard things in the salad section, unless you like those!!)
1 bag of frozen tater tots

Preheat over to 375

Mix raw hamburger and spinach with salt and pepper, to taste, in a large bowl. The smaller the spinach is chopped the better it mixes and less noticeable.*** Press hamburger into a flat layer in a 9x13 pan. Spread the cream soup over top. (Add any desirable veggies here, sliced carrots, peas, corn, more spinach, whatever, just make it an even layer) Sprinkle cheese evenly over top than sprinkle the bacon over the cheese. Add the whole bag of tots. It will be one layer but you will probably have to rearrange them a bit to cover all the cheese. You can put a couple of dashes over Lawery's season salt on top if you wish or even a bit of salt and pepper. You are your discretion.

Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 10-15min. Eat with a salad. DH adds a bit of ketchup for dipping purposes. Yummy!!

**I say use 93% fat free meat because when it bakes the dripping from the hamburger stay in the pan. (3% has very little and is not notice able. If you choose to use anything less than 93% please cook and drain the meat first. Stir in the spinach, place in the bottom of the pan and proceed as directed. You will not have to cook as long. Probably only about 25-30 minutes total)

*** I always add spinach to any dinner I can. I call it Parsley in my house. You can kind of jumble the leaves all together and chop them up. They add absolutely no flavor to any dish. This dish is very versatile. Feel free to add any veggies you wish. It is up to you and what your family will eat. Enjoy!!!
Old 09-24-2009, 12:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Col, it's funny you should mention that recipe... the kids LOVE diced zucchini in their spaghetti sauce... I wonder if they'll go for chickpeas. I should just try it ninja-style and see what happens.

Kat... I love those sites! I just get too lazy to peruse through all of the recipes LMAO. YES! Please LMK if that chicken stuff is any good... I lurves me some artichokes!

Rachel! YUM! And good thinking on the spinach! I'd have to either chop the dickens out of it or something... DS is a veggie-a-phobe to the max... but the idea rocks. Thanks!
Old 09-24-2009, 12:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

No. I refuse... you can't make me!

Huge fan of:

Old 09-24-2009, 01:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapperjade View Post
No. I refuse... you can't make me!
Old 09-24-2009, 02:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Both of the boys love these:

Creamy Ranch Pork Chops & Rice just add a veggie of choice.
Kielbasa Casserole
Zesty Chicken Meatloaf
Salsa Chicken

Shepherd's Pie (I tweak this one--if you want to know how, let me know.)

They're also big fans of grilled swordfish served with cous cous and garlic peas.