Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 05-17-2019, 12:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Wkend Plans?

I'm excited to be going away for 2 days, to our trailer in Washington. We'll leave later this afternoon (yay, get to shop NR's first lol) and come back on Sunday afternoon, then we'll go visit Bailey at the care home and be home for a late dinner.

My daughter is coming too so we'll have fun hanging out and doing a bit of shopping. Hopefully we'll have the internet up and running tomorrow afternoon sometime. Each spring when we hook it up for the summer months it is a hassle, it never goes smoothly and takes hrs to get it all working. Fingers crossed this yr is different lol.

I need to stock up on Whole Foods and Trader Joes stuff to bring home. If you haven't tried it, TJ's Umami spice is amazing. I love that stuff.

It'll be a busy wkend of cleaning, organizing and shopping, to open up the trailer for the season but looking forward to watching a few movies at night, going for long walks with Taz and sitting out on the deck if the weather clears up.
Old 05-17-2019, 12:17 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We have another busy weekend! Not my favorite but that's May for ya.

Tonight is my daughter's school's fun fair. My kids love it but it's super boring to be the adult who just walks around after them and holds their jackets and prizes.

Tomorrow my son has a bday party to go to at the bouncy place at the mall so we'll need to go out tomorrow morning to get his friend a gift (no clue what). We also need to visit my grandfather in his new apt that the kids haven't seen yet.

I have a work meeting Sunday morning, and then I need to stop by my grandfather's old place in conjunction with my dad & sister to see if there is anything left that I want to have before they sell or donate the rest.

We also need to redo/fix my daughter's trifold board because something is wrong in/on it (it was due this past Monday) and she's already getting points deducted. She's been giving me the "I don't know" run-around all week (which is true as she has forgotten to ask the teacher what needs to be fixed after the teacher emailed me Monday evening) & I spent all LAST weekend, including half of Mothers' Day, working on this dumb project and I am. so. done. She's already done her in-class presentation but they have a school-wide fair in a couple of weeks she has to go to so I guess we still have to fix the board.

Did I mention I still have laundry to finish up? And meal planning for next week? And paperwork to find for the kids' well checks Monday afternoon?

DH has been gone all week on vacation (don't even get me started on that!) so I've been pulling double-duty since last Friday, and I'm so very tired.
Old 05-17-2019, 12:31 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Have fun! I'll cross my fingers for good weather for you! I forgot where your trailer is at? I know you've told me before!

We are doing a community garage sale on Saturday- like 15 houses are participating! So I've been busy purging the house & getting everything read to go- I should really get to that right now.. but..

Our weather on the East side is terrible- rainy & chilly- it's supposed to just be cloudy with only 20% chance for rain tomorrow during our sale, but who knows. We are probably going to have the sale mostly INSIDE our garage. I'm trying to figure out how to delineate what is/isn't for sale in there....
Old 05-17-2019, 12:31 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

It’s a wedding weekend for our family!

We drove from DFW to Little Rock, AR last night, so that I’d have today for rest and recovery. Tonight is the Reherasal and dinner for my nephew’s wedding, which is tomorrow afternoon.

My wedding gift to them is that I’m photographing the event. I shot his sister’s wedding three years ago, and the request for me to shoot his came in the same breath as telling us he’d proposed and she’d said yes. I treasure the fact that I can use my skills to gift this to them, as they wouldn’t be able to afford photography otherwise.

But it’s a pretty major deal for me, physically, as I live with fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue immune deficiency, and near-daily migraines. Hence, the reason we drove in early and why I’m still in bed. I’ve stockpiled my migraine shots for the last month so I can do this for them. Man, oh man, I miss being healthy!

Writing & creating (but mostly writing) for The Sweet Shoppe!
Old 05-17-2019, 12:52 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Enjoy your trip, Rae! Hope the internet connecting goes smoothly for ya!
Just reading how busy you are this weekend made me tired, La.
Rest up, Angie! Congrats to your nephew!

We have zero plans. My hubby mentioned going to the movies to finally see the Avenger movie but hasn't said anything since he mentioned it. That's how he operates. Mentions it and then it is up to me to make it happen. Ugh.

I'll probably take my daughter out to drive. She got her learner's permit a couple of weeks ago and has really only been driving to school in the mornings which is only like two minutes from our house. She is still pretty nervous about it all.

Old 05-17-2019, 01:05 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I hope you have a wonderful weekend, Rae! Thanks for the tip on TJ's Umami sauce. I'm going to try it
Oh LeeAndra!! It sounds overwhelming! Hang in there mama! You'll be done soon.
Good luck with your yard sale, Amie!
I hope your weekend goes well, and you feel well enough, Angie.
Carrie, new drivers are so fun (not!) LOL!! Have fun!

I need to do some big time cleaning this weekend. Our youngest graduates from HS next weekend, and we'll have some out-of-town guests, so I want the house looking nice. Other than that, it will be a quiet one.
Old 05-17-2019, 01:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

LeeAndrea - sounds like a busy wkend and hope you get your daughter's board fixed and get everything done this wkend. Hope everything goes as planned.

Amie - our trailer is just outside Bellingham WA on a ranch. It's our little home away from home, a triple slide trailer with all the amenities of home with an awesome deck and patio and lots of greenery. Its so peaceful! We're about 25 min outside Bellingham so go shopping in town a lot.

Angie - have fun photographing the wedding. I miss it (I retired from the biz last yr so I could focus on my own photography). Hope your health holds up and what a wonderful gift to them. As a wedding photographer, I know how much work goes into that.

Carrie - I still am waiting to see Avengers. I know I'll love it.

Tammy - TJ Umami is a spice (not a sauce). It's like a healthier version of MSG sort of. It seems to bring out the flavors in almost anything. I put it on eggs, meat, cooked veggies....yum!
Old 05-17-2019, 02:35 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

You all have fun with your busy weekends! I'll be home in my pajamas allllll day tomorrow! We had a field trip yesterday & "water day" today, plus my daughter had a gymnastics meet today and I went to bunko night. I'm ready for a day IN. Hoping to get a few passport challenges done, and probably need to do a fair amount of prep for school next week as well. My DH will return from a week away for work on Sun, so I'll probably have to change out of pajamas that day to go out to eat or something
Old 05-17-2019, 07:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We have a crazy busy weekend. My son's graduation party is Sunday and it's pretty much all my responsibility. It's not at our house so I have to cart everything to where the party is. And we have no idea how many people will actually show up, which is always fun! I've been watching the weather. Right now it's calling for hot and no rain. Let's hope the rain holds off so I don't have to clean my house and let everyone know a rain location! But I ran a zillion errands today (like 8 stores and doctor's appointment for my son) so I am sitting and doing nothing this evening.

Rae, your weekend away sounds so nice! My son worked in Seattle last summer and it was beautiful!

LeeAndra. Your weekend sounds crazy, too. Hugs! It's so hard when spouses travel. And those school projects that are really homework for the parents - don't even get me started!!!

Amie - good luck on your garage sale - good weather definitely brings more people out!

Carrie, love your nothing planned plan! Sounds heavenly! But I do NOT miss new drivers!!!

Tammy, cleaning so (not) fun! Hope it stays clean when you're done - that can be tough with kids around!

Rebecca, enjoy your quiet weekend scrapping!!
Old 05-18-2019, 01:03 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Have a great weekend, everyone!
We are trying to just have a quiet and relaxing weekend at home, since it's forecasted to be raining a lot this weekend.
Old 05-18-2019, 02:18 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I hope everyone has a fab weekend

Mine, mine is a boring one, I'm not feeling too good so apart from going to collect my groceries I am having a lazy weekend. I'll probably catch up on some of the passport challenges when Abs goes down her nanas this afternoon. I have bought some paint to do my bedroom but that requires moving all the furniture and I don't think I have the energy this weekend but I really want to get it done so I might see how that goes tomorrow.
Old 05-18-2019, 08:14 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have a slow weekend gonne read a lot!
But tonight i gonne watch the eurovision songfestival and i hope finally the Netherlands wil win with duncan
Old 05-18-2019, 10:44 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Relax and rest from our crazy week!! I'd love to catch up on my PL spreads and do some designing, but that's probably all the energy I can muster right now. Keeping tiny humans alive is exhausting!
Old 05-18-2019, 07:58 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Next weekend will be our busy weekend as we'll be taking a trip for Memorial Day ....
this weekend we went fishing today and are now relaxing...tomorrow is laundry!

Old 05-19-2019, 12:20 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We are relaxing now after a day in town getting groceries and shopping. Then back to clean up yard and vacuum the trailer. Got the internet hooked up finally. Now we relax and watch Arrival movie and have some snacks. I think we’ll all be ready for bed early. Will be back home by dinner tomorrow.
Old 05-19-2019, 01:52 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
We are relaxing now after a day in town getting groceries and shopping. Then back to clean up yard and vacuum the trailer. Got the internet hooked up finally. Now we relax and watch Arrival movie and have some snacks. I think we’ll all be ready for bed early. Will be back home by dinner tomorrow.
Sounds like a very fun weekend, Rae! How far of a drive is it for you?