Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > Hybrid Chatter
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2010, 08:22 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Hybrid Help

I'm still a noob at this and haven't even finished the project I started lol (my first one I should add) but I received an album like this (but saying grandma) as a prize at DST about almost 2 years ago and it's rather important that I do this one right cause well I won it just shortly after losing my grandma so if I ruin it I'll be terribly upset lol. (No pressure on me I know ha!) So since I'm not yet confident enough to do this, I'm going to buy a different one to "practice" on lol but I don't know how to really START an album like this other then print out the papers and cut around it. Is that all there is to it and I'm over thinking it (very possible just saying)? Thanks for any help lol.

Also anything that is a MUST have for hybrid scrapping please feel free to share, I walked around Micheal's and was overwhelmed lol.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:55 AM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

First off, deep breaths. There is no right or wrong way to do ANYTHING in scrapbooking, whether it's digi or traditional or hybrid.

Pick a kit, measure your chipboard pieces, and print some papers. Find some pictures and print those. Add flowers or ribbons or rhinestones or whatever else your heart desires. Glue, and enjoy your hard work

Do you have any more specific questions about anything?
Old 02-25-2010, 11:13 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

First just relax. I know it's important but just like any project it should be fun and enjoyable

After doing a bit of yoga or running around the neighborhood to calm your nerves, grab the chipboard piece, grab the photos you want to use and decide what kind of feel you want to have. From there look at your kits and see which paper would fit.

First print out the background papers. You can do all sorts of ways on this. You can trim on big piece and then layer some little pieces of paper here and there. Or you can trim one piece of paper, glue the photo on top of it and then embellish with different pieces of your digital kit (printed out of course) or something like rhinestones, flowers, etc. Imagine working on a digital scrapbook - embellish as you'd usually do but use things that you can actually feel and touch.

Glue... I don't like Modge Podge except on special projects because it's wet. I don't like wet glue on my photos especially. I'd get one of those roll on adhesives like the Tombow one for example. WalMart has a few different kinds.

Have fun and enjoy the process and memories of her while working on the book!!

Old 02-26-2010, 01:30 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Lol thanks gals. I've become dependant on my undo button lol but thanks I'm excited and nervous at the same time lol. Oh what kind of printer would I need if I wanted to print off my digi papers and use them in hybrid layouts? (I currently have no printer but am looking for one lol) I think I need to go find some beginner blogs or posts lol. Thanks for the help though I've got a bit more confidence from this and need to figure out what kit and such I'd use for it lol.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:56 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

For my hybrid albums I actually do the whole page as a digital LO. I print that on matte photo paper and then adhere that to the chipboard page. I then add extra flowers or buttons or ribbons for some dimension.

Bottom line is that you can do it any way that you wish! Good luck and we want to see it when it is finished!
Old 02-26-2010, 02:17 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

I have a Canon Pixma 860. Canon puts it under an office printer but to me the photo quality print is the same as what Canon considers a photo printer. For my hybrid stuff I just card stock from WalMart or Office Depot or whatever. Inexpensive and they look good. You can use matte photo paper but they're a bit more and to me they looked similar.

Before the Pixma I had a free Canon printer when I got my iMac. That thing was a piece of doo for photos but it printed color on paper just fine. So that's what I used for hybrid and they looked fine (the new Canon does print better though).

Old 02-27-2010, 06:28 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Glad I found this post because I wanted to start a thread about how to start with hybrid! Guess I also need to know about printers and supplies (paper types, etc.). I bought the new matchbook template in the shop today - very ambitious of myself, I thought , since I don't even have a printer, but it looked too cute!