Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2014, 06:32 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm
Default Super frustrated with Shutterfly

I am trying to get a book made and all I have to do is the front and back cover. I made my own front cover design and have it in my book. I just took the design off and left the background paper to use for the spine and back cover. However, when I load it and put it in my book it changes the color of the paper....UGH! Why is it the normal color on front but not that back? Has anyone experienced this?

Please help!

Thanks!
Old 04-23-2014, 06:33 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

There should be a color thing you can turn off.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:54 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

I see a button that says Effects and when I click on that there is an Original option but it doesn't change the paper to the color it's supposed to be.
Old 04-23-2014, 07:10 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Somewhere, hidden in the settings, is an option like "Turn off Vivid Pictures." You may have to do a search for the directions because I'm not at my computer right now and can't remember exactly how. It might be Vivid Pics or Vivid Colors if Vivid Pictures doesn't turn up anything. Good luck!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Old 04-23-2014, 10:22 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Unfortunately, I don't think this is my problem. All my other pages look great...it is just the back cover. The background of my front cover is like a hunter green, when I load the hunter green page to use as my back cover it still looks like the right color. Its when I drag it into the back cover slot it changes the color from hunter green to lime green. Ugh! So frustrating. I am about to call it quits and use another company.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:43 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm sorry Shutterfly isn't playing nice! It still sounds like a color correction thing to me. It isn't happening until you drag it into place because the site isn't bothering to adjust colors until you place the file into the book. The other pages all have enough of a color range that Shutterfly is able to find whites, blacks, and other shades to work off and the colors are kept as is or color corrected slightly enough that you don't see the difference. If your back cover is just the hunter green, the site is messing it up because there aren't enough colors for it to accurately color correct off. Before giving up, I'd try turning off the color correction or adding a few things to the back cover to give the site more to work with. As an example, here's a front and back cover I did recently.

Last edited by rach3975; 04-23-2014 at 10:45 PM.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:47 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

That's a good idea! I will try adding a few things to the back to see if that helps! Thanks!
Old 04-23-2014, 10:48 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Fingers crossed for you
Old 04-24-2014, 11:45 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I've had this happen multiple times with them... I usually just darken the paper in a photoshop before uploading. Never thought about adding something...will have to try that.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:38 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I've had that happen, too... However when printed, it looks okay...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-24-2014, 01:47 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
I'm sorry Shutterfly isn't playing nice! It still sounds like a color correction thing to me. It isn't happening until you drag it into place because the site isn't bothering to adjust colors until you place the file into the book. The other pages all have enough of a color range that Shutterfly is able to find whites, blacks, and other shades to work off and the colors are kept as is or color corrected slightly enough that you don't see the difference. If your back cover is just the hunter green, the site is messing it up because there aren't enough colors for it to accurately color correct off. Before giving up, I'd try turning off the color correction or adding a few things to the back cover to give the site more to work with. As an example, here's a front and back cover I did recently.

So I added an element to the back cover and that prevented it from changing to the lime green color. Thank you for the suggestion. The spine changed color but I didn't want to mess with it anymore. As long as the front and back covers look good, that's all the matters.
Old 04-24-2014, 06:53 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Yeah!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk