Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2013, 12:42 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm
Default 8.5 Photobooks-help

HELP!!!! I am trying to get my kids photobooks printed and I am in need of some help. I LOVE the 8.5x8.5 photobooks and have used Inkubook in the past. I have always loved how they turned out. Nicest thing about them is I never had to resize my LOs. I always uploaded my 8.5 JPEGS without resizing and I never lost any of the text, even if it was right on the edge.

Well, I noticed that Inkubook just went out of business...so I am trying to find a new company to use. I've seen a lot about viovio.com. I uploaded my 8.5 JPEGS and it seems that most of my page is going to get cut off. I found Megan's viovio templates and started resizing my pages but it seems when I resized my LO quality was lost. (I opened my original 12x12 layered PSE and move all the stuff over to her template. Shrunk down the page to fit the template and then expanded my background to fill the rest of the page. ) When I look at both JPEGs (resized/8.5 non resized) the one I resized is somewhat blurry.

What am I doing wrong? Has anyone printed a book through viovio without resizing? Do your pages get cut off? Or is there another company to try that has prices close to viovio and is easier to use?

Thanks
Old 01-13-2013, 12:44 AM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

Hmm, I've never used anything but Shutterfly, so I'm no help but I think others have used Viovio!
Old 01-13-2013, 09:32 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Stacey42 Send a message via Yahoo to Stacey42

What I do when I am in a hurry is resize my layout to 8x8 and then slap a color matching .375 border around the layout to get the 8.75 by 8.75 size the recommend.

If I have a bit more time I resize to 8x8 then make the canvas 8.75x8.75 and either enlarge the background layer or drag & drop a new one.

I've used megan's templates when I know I am creating a book ahead of time, like December daily. I love her guides for getting the journaling placed right. If I am using them for an existing layout, like I am now for my 31 Things book, which I had sized for Inkubook & was going to print when I got paid on the 18th I resize my layout to 8.75x8.75 then move it to her template & then move whatever is in danger of getting cut off. My layout design for 31 things doesn't lend itself to my usual add a border method.

I haven't noticed any blurring so far.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just printed a 10x10 book at viovio. I used my regular 12x12 pages, didn't resize at all. What got cut off was between 1/8 - 1/4 inch, I would say closer to 1/8. The inner highlighted area (I think yellow) that shows on your pages is for smaller books. The outer highlighted area (I think red) was closer to what got cut off, but for my book it was even a little less than what was shown. I just made sure I had nothing 1/4 inch from the edge, and that worked out well for me.