Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 08-03-2021, 09:27 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default What are you scrapping this summer?

There is a lot going on here at SSD to keep you scrapping the rest of the summer, and the challenges are pretty wide open, so I am wondering what you are scrapping.

What kind of events have you attended that need to be scrapped? Do you have old photos you are trying to get to? Are you up to date or running behind and scrapping winter right now? Is scrapping more of an artistic outlet than a book in progress? I would love to know how it all works for you and what is on your "to scrap" list.

If you have time and want to share photos and kit ideas, that would be fun, but honestly, I will enjoy any kind of information you decide to share because I really want to know what you are scrapping right now.
Old 08-03-2021, 11:07 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am WAY BEHIND...I mean 2005 behind. I do however get small projects done here and there like our 2018 trip to DC and our 2019 trip to Universal. I thought I would stay on top of 2021 and then fill in gaps BUT we went to Big Bend National Park for spring break, Disney in April, then a 2 week road trip in July and are planning to go back to Disney in September...AHHH! So behind. Both of my boys take photos as well as hubby so I try to incorporate everyone's photos in since they get me in the pic and they get a different view point.
I am currently focused on our road trip. We went to 18 National parks/Monuments. We drove over 5000 miles in total. I still need kits for the some of the areas...I have some ideas but still slowly working through pics. I have well over 5000 pics from the trip...Ahhh!

My boys are with grandparents in VA right now, coming back on Thursday so I have been scrapping a lot while they are gone and it is quiet.
I do have less everyday photos now that my boys are grown so it is mostly trips for the last few years...some of the younger kiddo. My boys are 11 and almost 17 so I get less photos of them...they are just boring teenagers really. On the phone, eating, watching TV, eating and eating again. LOL
Old 08-03-2021, 11:19 AM
Banned

profile gallery

Scrapping is more of an outlet for me, but I do print books of our vacations and the girls like to see themselves in print (hahaha). I don't pressure myself to keep up, or to scrap in photo order or anything. I like using products as they're relevant to me, like right now I'm enjoying scrapping our beach photos and trips we've taken on the water. Summer photos so I can enjoy the season, even if the photos are 4 years old.

I do find myself looking forward to fall! I'm not sure if it's just for pumpkin spice everything though...
Old 08-03-2021, 12:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm scrapping mostly last summer right now. The first year that I ever finished was 2019, so I want to complete 2020 for better or worse.
Old 08-03-2021, 02:11 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Scrapping is just an outlet for me. I have printed before but I probably won't again. So I just scrap last month's photos when they match the kit I need to work with. Otherwise I go digging for photos.
Old 08-03-2021, 02:34 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I haven't scrapped a whole lot this summer. A few layouts here and there. Other things have been priority. And, I've never really scrapped a lot in the summer unless I was at a retreat.

But I was able to give the books I made for my 2 cousins to them a couple weeks ago. They loved them and that made finishing those projects well worth it. I do have more photos for the one family that I could work on volume 2. That's a good project for fall.
Old 08-03-2021, 04:25 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I scrap completely randomly.... I have not scrapped as much as I thought I would have this year, but that's because I put my health first this year and finally lost just over 60 pounds... so I am totally okay with the fact that I have a ton of scrapping to do! LOL.... The only project I hope to get done by June is my son's scrap book... birth to 12th grade. I will probably never be "caught up" but that is okay since I scrap to be creative as well as saving memories.

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 08-03-2021, 04:26 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly27 View Post
I am WAY BEHIND...I mean 2005 behind. I do however get small projects done here and there like our 2018 trip to DC and our 2019 trip to Universal. I thought I would stay on top of 2021 and then fill in gaps BUT we went to Big Bend National Park for spring break, Disney in April, then a 2 week road trip in July and are planning to go back to Disney in September...AHHH! So behind. Both of my boys take photos as well as hubby so I try to incorporate everyone's photos in since they get me in the pic and they get a different view point.
I am currently focused on our road trip. We went to 18 National parks/Monuments. We drove over 5000 miles in total. I still need kits for the some of the areas...I have some ideas but still slowly working through pics. I have well over 5000 pics from the trip...Ahhh!

My boys are with grandparents in VA right now, coming back on Thursday so I have been scrapping a lot while they are gone and it is quiet.
I do have less everyday photos now that my boys are grown so it is mostly trips for the last few years...some of the younger kiddo. My boys are 11 and almost 17 so I get less photos of them...they are just boring teenagers really. On the phone, eating, watching TV, eating and eating again. LOL
I am quite jealous of your big road trip to 18 parks and two Disney trips!!!! So many great photos to scrap I am sure!!!!

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 08-03-2021, 10:41 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyLynn View Post
I scrap completely randomly.... I have not scrapped as much as I thought I would have this year, but that's because I put my health first this year and finally lost just over 60 pounds... so I am totally okay with the fact that I have a ton of scrapping to do! LOL.... The only project I hope to get done by June is my son's scrap book... birth to 12th grade. I will probably never be "caught up" but that is okay since I scrap to be creative as well as saving memories.
Congratulations on your weight loss! What plan are you following if any? I have lost 50 lbs in the last 18 months, which is probably not great, but I am happy with it. I wanted to do it slow and steady and change my relationship with food for life. That is not easy for me, because while I understand that food is fuel, I also know that it is comfort for me. Giving up what makes me feel comfortable is not easy. I am still working at it though and would love any tips you want to share.
Old 08-03-2021, 10:44 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly27 View Post

I think the small projects are more doable than the big ones, so I understand being able to get them done. I am jealous of all the great places you are going! Except that 5K road trip. I would go nuts being in the car that long. LOL My DIL wants us to take a road trip in a RV to the grand canyon. Me, my sister and my son told her we would fly and meet her there because that long in an RV sounds like a slice of hell to us. I am not a camping girl. I am a nice hotel with a spa kind of girl. LOL

I will be checking out your gallery to see all those road trip layouts!
Old 08-03-2021, 10:48 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by iScrap View Post
Scrapping is more of an outlet for me, but I do print books of our vacations and the girls like to see themselves in print (hahaha). I don't pressure myself to keep up, or to scrap in photo order or anything. I like using products as they're relevant to me, like right now I'm enjoying scrapping our beach photos and trips we've taken on the water. Summer photos so I can enjoy the season, even if the photos are 4 years old.

I do find myself looking forward to fall! I'm not sure if it's just for pumpkin spice everything though...
Again, those small vacation albums seem easier to complete to me too. I have done vacation books, but never been able to pull off yearly ones. I have also done "special" one for my son that were smaller. It makes sense to scrap summer right now, even if the photos are older too.

For me, it is the pumpkin spice everything for sure! And the color of the leaves and the color temperatures and the beauty of the season. I love fall kits! The colors are amazing!
Old 08-03-2021, 10:48 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnZant View Post
I'm scrapping mostly last summer right now. The first year that I ever finished was 2019, so I want to complete 2020 for better or worse.
You go! I am sure you will get it done.
Old 08-03-2021, 10:50 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
Scrapping is just an outlet for me. I have printed before but I probably won't again. So I just scrap last month's photos when they match the kit I need to work with. Otherwise I go digging for photos.
It is a great outlet hobby, isn't it. You can satisfy the need to create pretty things, while creating memories for the girls. I love that this hobby can be whatever we want it to be.
Old 08-03-2021, 10:51 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavaDrPepper View Post
I haven't scrapped a whole lot this summer. A few layouts here and there. Other things have been priority. And, I've never really scrapped a lot in the summer unless I was at a retreat.

But I was able to give the books I made for my 2 cousins to them a couple weeks ago. They loved them and that made finishing those projects well worth it. I do have more photos for the one family that I could work on volume 2. That's a good project for fall.
I love that you made books for your cousins. As a genealogist, one of my goals is to do a family history book that includes scrapbook layouts in it. It is on my retirement project list.
Old 08-03-2021, 10:53 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyLynn View Post
I did a birth to 12th grade for my niece, traditional style as I hadn't discovered digi at that time, and it took forever. I hope you have a good head start on it and mean June of next year. LOL
Old 08-03-2021, 10:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm a pretty random scrapper. I am on two creative teams and so I have to use my own pictures with whatever kit we get to play with and so I might use pictures from years ago or current ones, it just depends. Here at SS, I have a much smaller stash to scrap with, so I have to take that into consideration, too.

This summer, as a family, we have gone to a major league baseball game, an amusement park, back to Gettysburg Military Park {we were there last year, too}, the National Zoo in Washington, D.C., and to the beach for a day. So, I have a lot of new pics to scrap! We are going to the Outer Banks in 10 days, too, so I will have a lot more beach pics I hope!
Old 08-04-2021, 01:34 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I don't scrap chronologically, so even vacation albums or Christmas albums are all unfinished. I'm OK with that, as I prefer that my scrapping time is a creative escape.
Old 08-04-2021, 03:53 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm currently scrapping my vacation albums:
- Easter weekend getaway (April 2021)
- A weekend getaway (June 2021)
- Summer holidays in a cabin (July 2021)

And in a few weeks we're going to travel to France for a week, so I will add that to my list as well.

Old 08-04-2021, 07:32 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3BluEyedBabi View Post
I'm a pretty random scrapper. I am on two creative teams and so I have to use my own pictures with whatever kit we get to play with and so I might use pictures from years ago or current ones, it just depends. Here at SS, I have a much smaller stash to scrap with, so I have to take that into consideration, too.

This summer, as a family, we have gone to a major league baseball game, an amusement park, back to Gettysburg Military Park {we were there last year, too}, the National Zoo in Washington, D.C., and to the beach for a day. So, I have a lot of new pics to scrap! We are going to the Outer Banks in 10 days, too, so I will have a lot more beach pics I hope!
I've never done a baseball kit, but thought about doing one many a time. May have to consider it again.

I got lost in the weeds on my military genealogy kit, but hope to finish it up soon and there is going to be Civil War stuff in it that may be of use to you. Or not. I don't want to push myself on you, but if that collab turns out like I am hoping it will be full of military history. Frankly I get lost in the weeds on it because I am trying to cover a huge range of history and that is probably a mistake, but I want to do it all and do it all at once, I guess. LOL

I was always a random scrapper too. I am usually inspired by a kit and know what photos will be perfect for it, rather than get a kit for the photos I have. LOL

I'll be looking forward to those beach layouts in the gallery!
Old 08-04-2021, 07:37 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonewiththewind View Post
I don't scrap chronologically, so even vacation albums or Christmas albums are all unfinished. I'm OK with that, as I prefer that my scrapping time is a creative escape.
I am with you on this one. Frankly, my son, and now my DIL, are the only ones in my family who really cares about what I scrap. The rest of my family calls it "playing around" and it is, but it is more then that too.

To my sadness, no one in my large, extended family is crafty like me, except one cousin out of 75 of them! And she doesn't scrap she does the cricut route.

But my son is a writer, so he totally gets my creative bend and he loves the results. Honestly, if I am struggling with a kit, he is always happy to help me work it out.
Old 08-04-2021, 07:38 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saar View Post
I'm currently scrapping my vacation albums:
- Easter weekend getaway (April 2021)
- A weekend getaway (June 2021)
- Summer holidays in a cabin (July 2021)

And in a few weeks we're going to travel to France for a week, so I will add that to my list as well.
You sound pretty organized and up to date Sarah. I admire that a lot.
Old 08-04-2021, 02:05 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I work on one book at a time so that I can finish and print. Usually that means a particular 6-month period, since that's about how much I can fit in one photobook, but sometimes I take a break from that and work on a vacation album. Right now I'm scrapping January to June 2020. I'm scrapping a lot of family walks, pictures of the kids in front of their computers, and news. It's so weird to scrap the January and February stuff, when we had no idea that it would be the last time we'd do these things for years.
Old 08-04-2021, 08:42 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm just working on June 2021. I'm all caught up for except for June/July 2021. We had a vacation to Florida in June and our annual trip "Up North" to my in-law's cabin for a week in July, so I have a lot travel photos to get through.

My printing is current through December 2020.

When I get all caught up, I go back to other side projects - albums for each of the kids of my favorite photos from each month of them from birth on up. That way they'll have albums of their own.

I also work on random pages for myself for my All About Me album that will never be done. This one will be loose pages.

Normally I print in photobooks.
Old 08-04-2021, 09:14 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
I work on one book at a time so that I can finish and print. Usually that means a particular 6-month period, since that's about how much I can fit in one photobook, but sometimes I take a break from that and work on a vacation album. Right now I'm scrapping January to June 2020. I'm scrapping a lot of family walks, pictures of the kids in front of their computers, and news. It's so weird to scrap the January and February stuff, when we had no idea that it would be the last time we'd do these things for years.
Ah, scrapping Covid, let's hope it is a once in a life time experience and over soon. But I am thinking the scrap pages about it will be very interesting to your grandkids someday.
Old 08-04-2021, 09:17 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post
I'm just working on June 2021. I'm all caught up for except for June/July 2021. We had a vacation to Florida in June and our annual trip "Up North" to my in-law's cabin for a week in July, so I have a lot travel photos to get through.

My printing is current through December 2020.

When I get all caught up, I go back to other side projects - albums for each of the kids of my favorite photos from each month of them from birth on up. That way they'll have albums of their own.

I also work on random pages for myself for my All About Me album that will never be done. This one will be loose pages.

Normally I print in photobooks.
Sounds like you have it all together too, Vanessa! I love that you are doing individual books for the kids and an all about me album. One day your kids will be fighting over who gets that album, so you may want to think about copies. That is going to be a treasure to each and everyone of them. Like most great artists, the work may not be fully appreciated until you are gone, God forbid, but it will be something special to all your kids some day.
Old 08-05-2021, 09:22 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSDesigns View Post
Ah, scrapping Covid, let's hope it is a once in a life time experience and over soon. But I am thinking the scrap pages about it will be very interesting to your grandkids someday.
COVID is the one thing I am caught up on. I've done a few pages about the beginning, masking, a page about how hard it was on medical professionals (Healthcare Heroes kit was perfect!), and some pages about my state's response. But I also do a monthly page with statistics about what is happening in my state and county.

I did my July page on 7/31 as soon as the state numbers were dropped. I've got 33 pages and 2 "title" pages, one for each year.
Old 08-05-2021, 10:34 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Scrapping is a creative outlet for me so I'm never behind or caught up. I just scrap whatever I'm in the mood to scrap. Lately, it's been photos from Colonial Williamsburg. Once my sister and I planned a trip for there in October, I started going back to all my old pictures and started scrapping them (as well as some from Mount Vernon and Monticello). Since we did our spontaneous trip there over the July 4th weekend, I've been scrapping those photos as well.
Old 08-05-2021, 10:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm all over the place. I wouldn't say I have single year 'done' but I don't have a lot of digital pics from when my 16 yr old was very young so those years might be considered done. Otherwise, I skip all over, depending on my mood. Of course, the challenging pics (no idea what kit to use) get put off. I have 2 boys so I'm always looking for boy themed. General boy, baseball, beach (we live 40 min from Lake MI). I think I have more camping kits than we've been on camping trips but I love them. Our county fair starts this weekend so I'll have lots of pics from that (not that I have any other fair week from past years completely done) and we're going camping (in a little cabin!!! - sorry tent, you're staying home) near Mackinac City later this month.
Old 08-06-2021, 09:22 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm working my way through my 2019 photos. I just started August - so it's all end of summer, back to school, just like real life. I'm hoping to move into autumn pics soon.
Old 08-06-2021, 10:28 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliaM View Post
Scrapping is a creative outlet for me so I'm never behind or caught up. I just scrap whatever I'm in the mood to scrap. Lately, it's been photos from Colonial Williamsburg. Once my sister and I planned a trip for there in October, I started going back to all my old pictures and started scrapping them (as well as some from Mount Vernon and Monticello). Since we did our spontaneous trip there over the July 4th weekend, I've been scrapping those photos as well.
I love that there is no pressure in this for you and you just scrap as you please. I think that is the way it should be.
Old 08-06-2021, 10:31 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bienejen View Post
I'm all over the place. I wouldn't say I have single year 'done' but I don't have a lot of digital pics from when my 16 yr old was very young so those years might be considered done. Otherwise, I skip all over, depending on my mood. Of course, the challenging pics (no idea what kit to use) get put off. I have 2 boys so I'm always looking for boy themed. General boy, baseball, beach (we live 40 min from Lake MI). I think I have more camping kits than we've been on camping trips but I love them. Our county fair starts this weekend so I'll have lots of pics from that (not that I have any other fair week from past years completely done) and we're going camping (in a little cabin!!! - sorry tent, you're staying home) near Mackinac City later this month.
I am going to have to do a boy kits soon. I don't do enough of them and I only have a boy myself. Kinda of crazy, right?

So many designers here do a beautiful job on the outdoor kits, so I ccan see having a lot of camping kits. I know I have trouble resisting them and I don't camp at all. LOL
Old 08-06-2021, 11:30 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by chastml View Post
I'm working my way through my 2019 photos. I just started August - so it's all end of summer, back to school, just like real life. I'm hoping to move into autumn pics soon.
Autumn kits are some of my favorite ones, so I am ready to move into autumn as well. LOL