Sweet Shoppe Designs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-07-2021, 12:04 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default How social are you?

When it comes to being social, how would you rate yourself? Are you better in person or online? Do you have a lot of friends or a close circle with just a few. Are you more about friends or family?

I'm not very social. Okay, I am not at all social. I have always been a person who needs her own space and time to do her own thing. I have never felt lonely, even though I am alone a lot, and I can entertain myself very well. My son says I live in my head too much and he is probably right, but I like it there. It is my comfort zone and even though I think comfort zones are their own issue, I don't feel the need to change it.

I think I am better on line because I can edit what I say more. I tend to speak my mind and that is not always a good thing since I am pretty opinionated and not one to sugar coat anything. Because of that, I hear that I am mean, a lot. That always hurts my feelings and makes me mad at the same time which does not help the mean perception. Kinda hard to convince people you are nice when you are yelling "I'm not mean" at them.

I ask too many questions because I need things to make sense which most people find irritating, especially since I take things very literally. I have a dry sense of humor, but am pretty easily amused and will laugh at the stupidest things, but I don't always get jokes or understand what is "funny" to everyone else. I am usually out of step with other people.

I know I am socially awkward in person, but it is not as bad online, I hope, so I tend to do most of my socializing on line, in this forum. You all are my peeps! If that scares you, I am sorry.

In real life my social circle is my family and a few close friends. My sister and my son are my two best friends, and I am really close to my DIL as well. We chat all the time and see each other as often as possible, or as often as a bunch of introverts thinks is necessary. My DIL is an extrovert, so she gets us together regularly for family fun days.

That's me and my social life in a nut shell. Now I want to hear about yours. (This goes back to I ask a lot of questions...)

Last edited by LJSDesigns; 09-07-2021 at 12:06 PM.