Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 09-09-2021, 02:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Thinking of autumn now

I'm done with summer....bring on the fall season! Anyone who knows me, knows I love to take landscape/macro shots of the fall beauty. I've started thinking about areas I want to visit for photo walks. I can't wait to get pics of Remi playing in the leaves.

Foodwise, I've started pinning some casserole/crockpot recipes I want to try. I never use the crockpot in the summer (don't know why) but in the fall I starting using it a lot again. I just pinned a recipe for low sugar barbecue baked beans...yum! I ordered pumpkin pie spice and apple pie spice to put in yogurt, oatmeal and muffins.

Fall kits are my fave and can't wait to see what comes out this year! I plan to take a lot of photos so am looking forward to stocking up on more fall season themed kits.

What about you? Excited or meh....don't care? Or are you coming into a different season in your area?
Old 09-09-2021, 02:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love fall!!!!!! Cooler temps and changing leaves are my favorite!!!!!
Old 09-09-2021, 03:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bienejen View Post
I love fall!!!!!! Cooler temps and changing leaves are my favorite!!!!!
Yes, cooler temps too....I love the beginning of summer with a few hot days and then it's too much LOL. I wish we could have long sunny days but with moderate temps around 70-75. I'd be in heaven!
Old 09-09-2021, 03:42 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I love fall, too!! Plus it's my birthday in October!! hahaha. I love all the colors in the fall kits but fall short of having photos to use with them. :/ Seems like I always miss the changing of the leaves... in WI we wait for it and then bam storm and leaves gone.
Old 09-09-2021, 03:54 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I love fall. One of my favorite seasons. lol

Old 09-09-2021, 03:57 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Autumn is my favorite season! which is sad 'cause I live in Dallas, where we skip straight from summer to winter. Actually, people joke that here in Texas, we actually do have 4 seasons: hot and dry, hot and wet, cold and dry, cold and wet.

I grew up in Northern Virginia, and I remember how beautiful those autumn colors were, and nothing beats a hike through the forest when the air is crisp and the leaves go crunching underfoot.

It is possible to find such experiences here in North Texas; you just have to be purposeful about making them happen. Like a trip to the Arboretum or a hike at the Nature Preserve that's a half hour away. You've got me all inspired to start putting together my autumn bucket list now!

Writing & creating (but mostly writing) for The Sweet Shoppe!
Old 09-09-2021, 04:01 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
Seems like I always miss the changing of the leaves... in WI we wait for it and then bam storm and leaves gone.
Omigosh - we had a year here in N.TX where we'd had a wet enough summer that the leaves actually stayed on the trees long enough to turn colors ... usually they're so dry by the end of our summer that they're green one day and on the ground the next ... but this particular year, we'd had a crazy amount of rain, and the leaves were beginning to turn colors and they were SO beautiful! And that night on my way home from work I decided to pack my camera up and take it with me so I could go for a walk at lunchtime and photograph the trees around my office park.

That night, 70mph winds and thunderstorms. And all the trees were naked.

I called it a photography tragedy and wailed for three days. My husband was smart enough to turn away before rolling his eyes.

Writing & creating (but mostly writing) for The Sweet Shoppe!
Old 09-09-2021, 04:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
I love fall, too!! Plus it's my birthday in October!! hahaha. I love all the colors in the fall kits but fall short of having photos to use with them. :/ Seems like I always miss the changing of the leaves... in WI we wait for it and then bam storm and leaves gone.
I didn't know your b-day was October too, mine's the 23rd. We tend to get a lot of rain here so I obsessively watch the weather to see when I can get out for pics before it all gets too waterlogged. Last fall I was out in the start of the rain taking photos b/c we were going to get about 3 days of rain starting at that time. I did manage to get the shots I wanted b/c the rain wrecked it all by the next week.
Old 09-09-2021, 04:40 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Fall (specifically September) is my favorite here in Eastern WA- It's a little cooler in the evenings & the mornings and the leaves start to change. I just decorated my porch with all my Fall stuff- but will wait until beginning of October to get some pumpkins. Pumpkin Spice is my fave too! lol!
Old 09-09-2021, 06:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Love fall but don't see much of it in Texas although we did get to 68 over night. It is back to upper 90s by mid day but a glimpse of fall every now and then. <3 I love the colors and back to school...(no kids at home, just kidding...kind of).
Old 09-09-2021, 06:10 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I love the colors of fall and another October birthday here.

But it leads into winter... bummer.
Old 09-09-2021, 06:54 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I love fall!! It's my favorite season!!
When will it come here? I'm not sure. I've never lived this far up the mountain before, even though I'm back "home". I do know the leaves are already starting to change color. The weather is "cool" in the morning, but quickly gets hot/humid during the day. I THINK it's coming, but I'm not sure to be honest!

My only worry is with fall comes winter and I've been told there's a lot of snow up here!
Old 09-09-2021, 06:58 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Fall is definitely my favorite but it's still over 100 degrees in my area so my brain hasn't been able to go there.

Old 09-09-2021, 07:16 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I love fall, but I'm not sure how much we'll get. Last fall was our first in Alaska. One day the leaves were green, the next day, they were all gold and a week or two later, it was over. We went north over the weekend & the leaves were already gold, so it will feel a little like we had an extended fall!
Old 09-09-2021, 07:46 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
I'm done with summer....bring on the fall season! Anyone who knows me, knows I love to take landscape/macro shots of the fall beauty. I've started thinking about areas I want to visit for photo walks. I can't wait to get pics of Remi playing in the leaves.
You're in BC/Lower Mainland, aren't you? (Coquitlam, I think I recall?) Do you ever make it out to Campbell Valley Park in Langley? Our property backs onto it, so we walk and ride there all the time. It's really beautiful in the fall though with lots of tree-lined paths and more open areas. You could get some beautiful pictures there. And there are no bikes allowed, so the worst you'll come across is an occasional dog or horse walking through.

Fall is my second favourite, after summer. I do love the crisp mornings and warm afternoons, and the colours are so beautiful!
Old 09-09-2021, 08:13 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

AC is off, Windows wide open and outside in joggers and long sleeve t, loving it!!
Old 09-09-2021, 09:23 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I love summer, but mostly for the laid back not so crazy days....but once school starts, I am so ready for FALL!!!! (I am so lucky to live where we get 4 true seasons. )

I Love taking pics of all the colors and this year hubby and I have a weekend getaway planned to the mountains in Massachusetts.

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 09-09-2021, 09:57 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Fall is my favorite season, but it's lost its luster a little now that the kids are too old to want to do fall things with me. I used to love taking them to pick their pumpkins and go to fall festivals and all of that. We've also had crazy weather here in Northern VA lately--for the past few years it's stayed warm so long that the leaves change really late and they don't stay on the trees very long after they change. It's gorgeous for a week or so!
Old 09-09-2021, 10:00 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

I love the fall too! Love all the fall scrap kits because my Tigger kitty looks so good with those fall colors!!! We always go on vacation in the fall and miss the changing of the leaves but this year we are home. Hope to go do some leaf peeping!
Old 09-09-2021, 11:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponytails View Post
You're in BC/Lower Mainland, aren't you? (Coquitlam, I think I recall?) Do you ever make it out to Campbell Valley Park in Langley? Our property backs onto it, so we walk and ride there all the time. It's really beautiful in the fall though with lots of tree-lined paths and more open areas. You could get some beautiful pictures there. And there are no bikes allowed, so the worst you'll come across is an occasional dog or horse walking through.

Fall is my second favourite, after summer. I do love the crisp mornings and warm afternoons, and the colours are so beautiful!
I'm excited to check that out Nat! I had never heard of that park before. I'll definitely come out there next month and take some photos. It'll be a nice walk for my pup.
Old 09-10-2021, 11:41 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by knittingbec View Post
I love fall, but I'm not sure how much we'll get. Last fall was our first in Alaska. One day the leaves were green, the next day, they were all gold and a week or two later, it was over. We went north over the weekend & the leaves were already gold, so it will feel a little like we had an extended fall!
Sounds just like my area of California. Our Fall starts so late that by the time it happens, it's over in the blink of an eye.

Old 09-10-2021, 11:46 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Fall is my FAVORITE season! I can't wait for the leaves to start changing colors! We are seeing some of them starting to, but not many...yet! I love apple cider, bonfires, cooler temps, wearing sweaters, cozying up with a blanket, all of it! Can't wait!!!
Old 09-10-2021, 11:53 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiekey View Post
Omigosh - we had a year here in N.TX where we'd had a wet enough summer that the leaves actually stayed on the trees long enough to turn colors ... usually they're so dry by the end of our summer that they're green one day and on the ground the next ... but this particular year, we'd had a crazy amount of rain, and the leaves were beginning to turn colors and they were SO beautiful! And that night on my way home from work I decided to pack my camera up and take it with me so I could go for a walk at lunchtime and photograph the trees around my office park.

That night, 70mph winds and thunderstorms. And all the trees were naked.

I called it a photography tragedy and wailed for three days. My husband was smart enough to turn away before rolling his eyes.
I can relate. I can't tell you how many possible photog opportunities were wrecked by our west coast rainy weather. Our fall season is short b/c of all the rain.
Old 09-10-2021, 11:54 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyLynn View Post
I love summer, but mostly for the laid back not so crazy days....but once school starts, I am so ready for FALL!!!! (I am so lucky to live where we get 4 true seasons. )

I Love taking pics of all the colors and this year hubby and I have a weekend getaway planned to the mountains in Massachusetts.
I bet that will be so wonderful! A lovely wkend with your hubs and you'll get some gorgeous photos too!
Old 09-11-2021, 08:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponytails View Post

Can't wait to see the big park, Nat! My daughter and I are going to bring the dogs and we'll wander around for a few hours tomorrow. It's always fun to check out someplace new. Appreciate the heads up about it.
Old 09-12-2021, 07:39 PM
Banned

profile gallery

I love fall, it’s one of my faves. The cooler temps are nice and I love sweater season. I eat all the apple and pumpkin foods all year, but it’s easier to find a variety in the fall.
Old 09-12-2021, 07:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My allergies are waking up so that means fall is around the corner for us!

Old 09-12-2021, 08:00 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I am so done with summer since it started, hehe. The heat is drying up everything. I'm excited for Fall to come, aside from the cooler weather, we plan on camping again.
Old 09-12-2021, 10:41 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Yes, I love fall! We are going apple picking next weekend, and a couple weekends after that we'll go to the farm we visit every year that has fun fall activities + pumpkins for us to pick. We are going to FL over Fall Break (which will be fun!) but it means the kids' dad will have them two October weekends in a row so I'm a little bummed that I won't be able to do trunk or treat with them this year unless I can find one during the week. Luckily, my boyfriend likes fall as much as I do so at least I'll still get to do fun fall things -- just not as many as I usually do with my kiddos.
Old 09-13-2021, 09:01 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My kids are older, so not sure how much I'm going to enjoy fall this year. We used to go every year for a walk on one of their days off school to see fall foliage. I feel the need to get out and go on more walks in the fall because I know I won't be doing that once winter comes. Unless you count walking up and down my driveway with a shovel.
Old 09-13-2021, 11:27 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnZant View Post
My kids are older, so not sure how much I'm going to enjoy fall this year. We used to go every year for a walk on one of their days off school to see fall foliage. I feel the need to get out and go on more walks in the fall because I know I won't be doing that once winter comes. Unless you count walking up and down my driveway with a shovel.
Shhh....no references to what comes after fall LOL. I only like snow for a few days and then hate the rest of the winter weather b/c we get wet snow that is really hard to shovel and I end up getting snowed in for days at a time.
Old 09-13-2021, 11:28 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalis View Post
My allergies are waking up so that means fall is around the corner for us!
Yep, me too. I started with the sinus headache, sneezing and watery eyes about a week ago. I still love fall though but the weather doesn't love me
Old 09-13-2021, 01:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love Fall for the gorgeous colours, crisp fresh air, walks in the woods. However, I also hate fall because we live on a property with loads of trees and we have to rake and bag it all, usually 60 leaf bags if not more and it all has to be done by the town's leaf pickup date. If you miss it, you're doomed and have to wait till spring. Wish I had little magical minions to run around and pick up all the leaves, pine needles and cones!