Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2011, 12:57 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm
Default OK Who's starting A Week In The Life with me tomorrow?

I had so much fun with it last year and I'm so excited that this year, Ali planned it for my birthday week!! I must say, it was super fun while doing it but looking back at those layouts now...it's amazing to see how different life is! In case AWITL is new to you, here's my layouts from last year:

Monday Full Spread:

Monday Left:

Monday Right:

Tuesday Full Spread:

Tuesday Left:

Tuesday Right:

Wednesday Full Spread:

Wednesday Left:

Wednesday Right:

Thursday Full Spread:

Thursday Left:

Thursday Right:

Friday Full Spread:

Friday Left:

Friday Right:

Saturday Full Spread:

Saturday Left:

Saturday Right:

Sunday Full Spread:

Sunday Left:

Sunday Right:

Here's Ali's information about it.

This year, I made myself a kit and templates for it so I'm ready to go! Who else is joining me?

oh and P.S. you miiiiight wanna check out Ali's blog tomorrow if you like free stuff from SSD. Juuuust sayin'.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I was thinking about doing it but my life is pretty lame.. Although this would give me an excuse to make it more exciting. lol. I may do it just to motivate me to get out more during the week.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Hmmmmm......very tempting. I am not normally a project scrapper but since I already have your kit and the date stamps.......maybe? How is that for being non-committal? LOL! Next week might be a fun week to do it too because we have several things on the calendar. All I would need is your templates (that are already in my WL). Hmmmmmmm. I will ponder on this some more.

I loved seeing your pages though. I am also excited that I am subbed to Ali's blog so I should catch some news through my reader! WOOT!
Old 07-24-2011, 01:25 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

I am ready...I have all your goodies and am ready to go and hoping you and everybody else that is gonna do this will keep me motivated
Old 07-24-2011, 01:26 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

LOL my life is (was) pretty boring too but even the little things that have changed are huge! For example...there's no Finn! And look at how chubby Karsten's cheeks are! There's a picture of burnt popcorn, totally ruined that bowl! LOL It doesn't matter how exciting your life is, imagine how it will be too look back on these LOs in 10 years...
Old 07-24-2011, 01:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I think I might. The thing is this week is going to be so jammed packed with fun and parties that it is NOTHING like my real life. LOL. So NOT a week in my life. I almost think that the "boring" stuff might be more interesting.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:32 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

I may do try this! I love the idea but if I can make it happen, not sure.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I bought your templates and kit bundle, so I'm doing a version of this. However, I have a big birthday coming up (I'm very old) and so I want to document this next year of my life. I have until August 2 to decide if I want to do 12x12 or 8.5x11.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:50 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

Do both!!! It's fun to mix and match
Old 07-24-2011, 02:28 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

oo, oo, oo... I am!!! I actually started today... I've got a free Shutterfly book coupon expiring on Monday... Talk about pressure to get it scrapped in time!
Old 07-24-2011, 02:32 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

You can do it! use templates and scrap the day every day!
Old 07-24-2011, 02:35 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I'm going to give it my best shot. I got your uber-bundle, so I'm ready to go on that side of things. But I do think you are right in the fact that it might seem boring on a day-to-day basis, but what fun it will be to look back on at some point in the future.
Old 07-24-2011, 02:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

*arm twisted until I said Uncle!* I am doing it!!!!!! How is that for a commitment? LOL Between this thread and looking around on Ali's blog.....I am inspired. Now I just pray that I don't forget my camera while out and about. LOL
Old 07-24-2011, 02:59 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Looking back at my book last year... I'm really glad that I took photos of gas prices (Geez only $2.34 last year in April!)... the type of shampoo and body wash I use (I don't use the same thing all the time)... a daily collection of mail we received, how many facebook friends I have, even the vitamins we take - we have a different brand this year. My life is not exciting at all... today I even took photos of my washing machine filling up with water, the logo of the crock pot that has tonight's dinner, sleeping child, what we ate for lunch... what tv show J was watching earlier... I think that has me the most excited about this project... is thinking of all those things I want to capture...

It's such a fun project!! Oh - I better take a photo that I'm in the forums.
Old 07-24-2011, 03:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Well maybe...if not this week, maybe in a few weeks right after school starts. Maybe even the first week of school!
Old 07-24-2011, 03:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to SmallMoments

I'm going to try! This is kind o fa fun week to do it bc we're winding summer down and i'm actually going into school to start my room.
Old 07-24-2011, 03:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Okay after reading some of the replies I decided to do it. I printed out some pages for each day to write down what I did at what time and random quotes/thoughts/moments from the day.

I figure if I can do a decent job with getting the photos & writing everything down then on the 1st I'm treating myself to Traci's bundle to scrap it with.
Old 07-24-2011, 04:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Since you introduced me to it, Traci I am seriously considering it. But...14 pages is not enough for a book, they are all twenty so I am considering how I could stretch it a little to not have a partial album, any ideas? I really can not wait to start a project 52 series again, I am sad I didn't even try this year.
Old 07-24-2011, 04:14 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Tracyfish Send a message via Yahoo to Tracyfish

Tanyia...you can always do a page with a full bleed photo on it to fill in those extra 6 pages.

Old 07-24-2011, 04:17 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

Yeah I'd do maybe an intro page and some full bleeds of my fav photos from the week!
Old 07-24-2011, 04:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyiadeskins View Post
Since you introduced me to it, Traci I am seriously considering it. But...14 pages is not enough for a book, they are all twenty so I am considering how I could stretch it a little to not have a partial album, any ideas? I really can not wait to start a project 52 series again, I am sad I didn't even try this year.
If you want to add to it, how about doing a page or a two page spread of a quote or scripture that perfectly described that day? You can make it with no photos or with the photos that didn't make the cut for the daily page. Then your book would be 21-28 pages depending on how you do it. Plus you will need a "cover" page and an "end" page. Heck.....it could end up being a 30 pager or more!
Old 07-24-2011, 04:30 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Or you could add a page with an interview between you and someone... or some witty dialogue that exemplifies a typical week conversation during the week... or a page that just shows your menu for the week... or just fill it up with random pics that you don't feel make the cut to scrap, but would look cool in a mosaic... or use a page of journaling (use one of those handy-dandy pages from last month's portfolio challenges)
Old 07-24-2011, 04:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to SmallMoments

I'm kinda excited now.
Old 07-24-2011, 04:50 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Last year, following Ali's plan, I did four pages per day... the first page was a family group shot that took up 3/4 of the page and the day of the week... then the next two pages where what captured the day... and then the last page was just a collage of photos that didn't fit on the last two pages...

I don't think I uploaded any of my pages in the gallery (me just being lazy - and embarrassed that I didn't get this book finished until last month )... let me see if I can find them...

Here is the full book... I hope this link works...

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...0IZOGjJqzZMnNw
Old 07-24-2011, 05:17 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I'm still contemplating. Working full-time might not help with this. Also, I should really get my P365 album from last year finished...

But then again, it looks so nice.
Old 07-24-2011, 05:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I like seeing what other people have done for past years. Has anyone else done it before and want to share your pages with us?
Old 07-24-2011, 05:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

After reading this thread I definitely want to do this even though my life may just be a little boring...Off to go figure out a game plan...
Old 07-24-2011, 05:42 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm not going to do this this time. My life is hectic enough at the moment. I'm still doing my monthly summaries (P12), and I'm happy with that for this year.
Old 07-24-2011, 05:53 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post

Wowza... you really did an amazing job of documenting and capturing all of the little details of the week. That is terrific.

eta... I think I am going to go for the simple approach because the full-enchilada idea intimidates me. I am not patient enough to accomplish what you did.
Old 07-24-2011, 05:56 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Hmm, I think I won't be doing it either. Doing pictures at work will likely be a problem and I have several album projects lying around. Also, after a long time I will be doing CT work again and cannot wait to get started. So I guess I my scrapping plan for this week is already set up.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm going to do it either the week of August 14th. That way, we will all be home and everyone is represented. Can't wait. I wanted to do this last year, but couldn't get organized... never occurred to me to just pick a different week!!
Old 07-24-2011, 06:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
Last year, following Ali's plan, I did four pages per day... the first page was a family group shot that took up 3/4 of the page and the day of the week... then the next two pages where what captured the day... and then the last page was just a collage of photos that didn't fit on the last two pages...

I don't think I uploaded any of my pages in the gallery (me just being lazy - and embarrassed that I didn't get this book finished until last month )... let me see if I can find them...

Love your album! Very inspiring.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:36 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I am even tho we are on vacation... i've printed out Ali's pdfs so that I can journal the days since I won't be able to scrap until we get home... I may do it again on my own in the falll when life is normal again.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am so on the fence...I have training for school all week, so I am going to miss a lot of what goes on here...

Old 07-24-2011, 06:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

You guys have some great ideas, ty so much! I think I am going to go for it! And thanks for the visual inspiration!
Old 07-24-2011, 07:05 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I started today!!! I'm very excited...my family, not so much.

Aaron - no says you can't do it next week or make it easier maybe by focusing on one family member each day? I've enlisted my 12 yo to take pictures of herself and her sister at camp and DH has to take a few cell phone pics at work for me too. Everyone is helping out whether they like it or not...I'm a mean mom like that. Bwhahaha

Last edited by julifish; 07-24-2011 at 07:12 PM.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:27 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I've never done this project but have always wanted to. Unfortunately, this week is not going to be the best week for us. I'm working overtime every single day and my son is staying with my Mom for 3 days during the week. So my life this week is not going to be representative of a "typical week" AT ALL. I want to do the project when things are a little more "normal" for us, so I can capture what a Week in the Life of the Tapler family is really like. So, I'm waiting until the following week (first week of August). I have a couple days off of work that week, Dean has assessments at kindergarten (school starts the following week), but otherwise our days should be a more regular schedule. I'm hoping though that I'll get lots of ideas of normal, everyday (i.e. "boring") photos to take from seeing everyone's layouts this week!! We don't lead a very exciting life around here, so...ya know.

Old 07-24-2011, 07:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by origami View Post
Well maybe...if not this week, maybe in a few weeks right after school starts. Maybe even the first week of school!
I was thinking along the same lines - I'm going to wait until I start Uni again is it is more realistic

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 07-24-2011, 08:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It sounds cool...but I am seriously boring!
Old 07-24-2011, 08:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I think I'll give it a try this year. We just got back from a week long vacation this afternoon so I don't know how organized tomorrow will be! But I'll make it work I'm excited!

Old 07-24-2011, 08:31 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

YAY! I'm so excited at all the people doing it! It's gonna be fun! Rebecca I love your album!
Old 07-24-2011, 09:02 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm planning to do one. The only decision I've really made at this point is I want to use Traci's 10,080 minutes kit. I have some ideas for the design but I think it's really going to depend on how many photos/stories I end up with for the week. I know Ali does 4 spreads per day but that seems like a lot to me - I'm not sure with only two of us that we have enough going on every day to fill that much space.

My biggest concern is really the weekdays. Adam works long days (often starting at 4am) so I'm here by myself for the majority of the day and I don't know that it'll be that exciting to record for 4 days since I tend to stick to the same routine most days. But I really love the idea of documenting our week especially since with not having kids and being in the military so much of our life could change in a few years that it'd be neat to have right now documented to look back on.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:06 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

There's Sooooo much to document, even if you do the same thing every day..food you eat, outfits you wear, the temperatures, news, gas prices, running errands, working, cooking, chores...tons of stuff. It may seem boring now but in a few years it will be magical
Old 07-24-2011, 09:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traci Reed View Post
There's Sooooo much to document, even if you do the same thing every day..food you eat, outfits you wear, the temperatures, news, gas prices, running errands, working, cooking, chores...tons of stuff. It may seem boring now but in a few years it will be magical
Hmmm. Maybe even document a "boring" week???
Old 07-24-2011, 09:15 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by origami View Post
Hmmm. Maybe even document a "boring" week???
I think that's the point of AWITL which is why I want to do it again when we aren't on vaction
Old 07-24-2011, 09:16 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traci Reed View Post
Oh yeah I know that's how it is...in theory. I actually don't think my life is boring, it's just that there isn't always a ton of variety when you consider taking photos of it. I tried to do AWITL in 2010 while Adam was deployed and I had a hard time sticking through it through the week. My days were just WAY too similar since I tended to eat the same meals every day, do the same things, etc. so I got bored with the photos. There's only so many "here I am emptying the dishwasher" or "here I am on the computer" photos you can take, haha. But I'm hoping this time will be better. It really is SUCH a cool end result.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathergw View Post
Ie think that's the point of AWITL which is why I want to do it again when we aren't on vaction
I think I want to do it the first week of school. There will be stuff going on, but at the same time, we're back in a routine, you know?
Old 07-24-2011, 09:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yeah, not this week. It's too hot, it's enrollment week at school so it's not a "normal" week for us. I think I'll do it in September when I'm not lethargic from dealing with this heat and when we're in a good school routine. I wouldn't mind doing it in the summer, but it would have to be earlier in the summer... this is almost the downhill slide of summer for me.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:46 PM
Banned

profile gallery

What is everyones plans with LO? Meaning 2 page spread, 4, 1?
Old 07-24-2011, 09:48 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

I did a 2 page spread last year as it was too much to fit on 1 page but this year I might do more depending...